Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old November 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Seattle NHSD 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Heroscaper2010, but we have already selected our maps.
It looks as though you'll have 13 people, and with only 5 maps that is 10. Unless you want 3 people sitting at a time, you should probably take 1-2 more map(s)...mine or someone elses.
I appreciate your input on maps, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes (locally) to coordinate maps. We've got it covered.

*Kai
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:26 AM

PassiveAssassin has disabled reputation

Unfortunately both of my potential +1's had to bail. One had his wife's birthday to plan, and the other got sick with shingles.

I will be there, however, and I'm excited to play- thanks Kai & Nomad for putting it on again!

Darren
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:01 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Come on Puget Sounders! Last year we had 25 'scapers at our NHSD. As of now, we only have about 10 confirmed.

It will be much more merrier with you! Please join us.

Begging Shamelessly,
Nomad
I'm not from Puget sound, but I'll come play with you Damon!! I can see all the hardwork you and Kai put into this, it looks really good and thought out. As an event planner I appreciate the details and dedication you guys did to make this happen.

I've got a few questions real quick for you guys...

1. What's the entrance fee? I'll bring some prize support with me.

2. What's the glyph pool? I noticed the one map mists of Loch had 8 glyphs on it... YIKES! That game would be heavily influenced on glyph control and after the last tournament with glyph problems this could even be worse with that amount.

3. Is Elswin castle a castle map or like a standard BoV map?

4. You guys need me to bring any terrain, additional figures etc. ?

Really looking forward to this!

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:09 AM

# 1. Sorry I did not post anything about prizes. Trust me - we have some great ones, I just have been holding back until I knew more about attendance. If you would like to bring some prize support as a donation that would be great .. but you are not required to contribute.

We received (1) NIB Fortress from R˙chean, so that will be in the pool. I have some crazy-good prize support in my Horde .. and Nomad likes to point out that I love being Santa Claus - so you won't be disappointed. We will have prizes based on tournament scores as well as "door prizes" just for participating.

# 2. Nomad and I will post Glyphs soon .. though some maps will have specific glyphs assigned to them. I'd say plan for a few glyphs (both power glyphs (red) and treasures (no traps)).

I know that we will NOT use Glyphs of: Negation, Defense + 2, Mitonsoul, Revive, Range + 4.

We tend to avoid: Thorian, Summoning, Move +2, Common Attack + 1.

# 3. I am building the Elswin Castle map as we speak. It will be custom, and not BoV. It will feature some castle elements but won't be heavy on the castle battlements. I hope to have it posted soon. I think it is the last one we'd use .. and now that we are up around 16 players, we'll bring it along.

# 4. We're all set for terrain and figs. Thanks for the offer though!

This would be a good chance for trading/selling ... so let me know (PM) if there is anything that you are looking for, and I'll see if I have extras.

Thanks,
*Kai
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:52 AM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Looks like you already have me listed; just wanted to give you a confirmation that I'll be there. I won't have said +1 with me, he's got drills with the National Guard this weekend.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Heroscaper2010, but we have already selected our maps.
It looks as though you'll have 13 people, and with only 5 maps that is 10. Unless you want 3 people sitting at a time, you should probably take 1-2 more map(s)...mine or someone elses.
I appreciate your input on maps, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes (locally) to coordinate maps. We've got it covered.

*Kai
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM

Added "Vampire's Keep" for the Castle Elswin map.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3799

Added "Obsidian Playground" for Lava map.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3800

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; November 2nd, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE View Post
Quote:
Come on Puget Sounders! Last year we had 25 'scapers at our NHSD. As of now, we only have about 10 confirmed.

It will be much more merrier with you! Please join us.

Begging Shamelessly,
Nomad
I'm not from Puget sound, but I'll come play with you Damon!! I can see all the hardwork you and Kai put into this, it looks really good and thought out. As an event planner I appreciate the details and dedication you guys did to make this happen.

I've got a few questions real quick for you guys...

1. What's the entrance fee? I'll bring some prize support with me.

2. What's the glyph pool? I noticed the one map mists of Loch had 8 glyphs on it... YIKES! That game would be heavily influenced on glyph control and after the last tournament with glyph problems this could even be worse with that amount.

3. Is Elswin castle a castle map or like a standard BoV map?

4. You guys need me to bring any terrain, additional figures etc. ?

Really looking forward to this!

So glad you guys can join us!

Re 1: Bring a typical tournament prize, if you like, to be selected at the end based on this tournament's finish.

Re 2: Actually, there are 9 glyphs on the Loch map! Yikes! Keep in mind that this is a scenario map and that the map is pretty big. We have played the original of this map numerous times and are pretty confident that with the glyph choice, it is not overdone. We have chosen the unconventional route of specialized maps rather than the standard BoV maps to add some spice to the tournament scene.

Two of the glyphs are Lodin - plus one on the twenty-sider - on the two upper flanks, just in case one wants to venture up there, but not a major swing in the battle.

Two of the glyphs are initiative +8, which we have found to be useful some of the time - but balanced for each side. These cause players to either run into the mists to attack a figure or to make the decisions whether or not to leave the glyph. Important to the play of the map, as you will see.

The two random treasure glyphs are located on the lowest level and in water . . . will someone want to spend a turn to grab a glyph to boost a hero? Yes? Good, heroes need a boost.

There are the two +2 moves on each side and vulnerable to attack. It is a big map and these glyphs will help to speed the game along. Tons of varying strategy are involved when considering who has or doesn't have these glyphs.

The biggest prize in terms of glyphs is the defense +1 glyph in the middle of the map - the one that should see some fighting over, but takes effort to get to and hold. Eventually the figure on here becomes a sitting duck.

I hope this diminishes some concerns. This is not the standard BoV tournament battle. We think you will enjoy the map and the scenario.

Re 3 and 4: Kai has answered.

Thanks,
Nomad
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:54 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Treasure Glyph Pool for Saltwater Swamp, Cradle of the Demi-Titans, and Mists of Loch Laur will include:

Temporary: Elixir of Speed, Potion of Healing, Ring of Protection, Cloak of Invisibility, Belt of Giant Strength, Scarab of Invulnerability.
Permanent: Oceanstrider Amulet, Brooch of Shielding, Heroic Rune, Talisman of Defense.

Power Glyph Pool for Saltwater Swamp and Mt. Thaelink's Saddle will include Gerda (+1 defense), Ulaniva (+1 unique attack), Dagmar (initiative +8 ), Oreld (intercept order), and Lodin (lucky 20-sider).

I'm sorry that I'm getting this posted so late.
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:07 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Awesome event Kai and Damon thanks for everything it was a blast, I'll try to get some more up later on.

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:41 AM

Thanks everyone for an excellent day playing scape! Kai, you are a wonder - thanks for your hard work, generosity, and creativity.

Special kudos to the Vancouver/Portland/Salem five for making the long trip up.

Roadrage, congrats on the perfect 6-0 mark today - and for earning the Champion's Trophy of the PNW and all of Vahalla!
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:41 AM

THANK YOU everyone!!

Thanks to Nomad for not just building and transporting but also creating brand new maps for the event!!

Thanks to Forgehammer and the AubrienAssassin for helping me with transport and for kickin' in on prizes

Thanks to Longy418 for transporting all those Oregonians (who showed up and kicked out butts yet again). And thanks to RoadRage for providing the Auggies prize support and Robbdaman for the MageKnight prize support (go c3v!) .. and to anyone else who providing prizes. Everyone walked away with some 'Scape or product to keep the Battle of All Time going.

And a personal thank you to PassiveAssassin ... wow! that was a crazy game with the Zombie scenario! Glad we finally got to play a match after 3-years of NHS-Days.

--

Our top finishers were:
1st .. Road Rage -- top prize NIB Tundra
2nd .. Master of Disaster -- NIB Wave 6 Zombies!
2nd .. Nomad
-- Volcarren Lava set (gently used)

All going undefeated!!

Peace, *Kai

--
Feedback on Maps, the Format, the Pre-Made armies, is very much welcomed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day