Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old September 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape matchup calculator (9-2-10 update)

I just added the Death Knights of Valkrill to the matchup calculator (the beta version). I'll try to add them as they are revealed in the previews.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:11 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape matchup calculator (9-22-10 update)

I just added Eltahale to the matchup calculator (the beta version - see link in first post). I'll try to add them as they are revealed in the previews. It is interesting to see that when ThunderStep is worth it.
It makes sense that Eltahale would do better using ThunderStep fighting someone who is using an instant kill power, but would do worse using ThunderStep say versus the Feral Troll. In general, ThunderStep is better versus high defense low life characters. These comments are for a death match scenario - ThunderStep of course is awesome just to get Eltahale next to a key enemy character.
Enjoy.
Old January 31st, 2011, 04:08 PM
math olympian

Some of you may have noticed that the matchup calculator was very slow or nonresponsive in the past weeks. It was discovered that our Mathematica license server was malfunctioning and so Mathematica (which is what the matchup calculator runs on) was not really working on the web server. Anyway, the license server has been switched, and so hopefully the matchup calculator will be running smoothly once more.

And I still have yet to update the last few units from Wave D3. When will I have time...?
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Mathguy, are you planning on adding any or all C3V releases into the calculator?
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:40 PM
math olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Mathguy, are you planning on adding any or all C3V releases into the calculator?
Yes in the sense that my long term plan is to overhaul and redo the matchup calculator so as to group similar abilities together (such as Vanish, Stealth Armor, which are really the same ability but with different D20 thresholds) as one ability but with a selector box or something for different D20 thresholds or other variations. This will de-clutter the options available right now, and should make the calculator more flexible.

So I do plan on keeping up with C3V. The caveat of course is assuming I have time. And currently there's no free time at all. (And I still have yet to make a major change that will allow battles to end in a draw, such as with the Frost Giant's Dying Swipe ability.) So much on the to-do list....
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:37 PM
has been BANNED

izayltinos is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar View Post
Math guy this is awesome
The Whole world so not reliable that occasionly simply to want not to think about плохом and live dreaming of such program. Program which help to live
Old January 28th, 2016, 07:19 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

sorry to necro again but which program are you supposed to run this with, has anyone made a GUI or web form, I just see a huge perl code listing when I click the link
Old December 29th, 2016, 05:52 AM

totax Woo who?

Sorry but the link just give me a .pl file. How am i supposed to use it? I thought it was easy but i cannot find any explanation ... tks for the answer ...
Old December 31st, 2016, 03:56 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by totax View Post
Sorry but the link just give me a .pl file. How am i supposed to use it? I thought it was easy but i cannot find any explanation ... tks for the answer ...
I don't think it's you, dude. It looks to me like something changed on mathguy's server and the script is being delivered over the web rather than run. I don't think there's anything we can do about it. I think @mathguy has to fix it on his side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old December 31st, 2016, 04:37 AM

totax Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by totax View Post
I don't think it's you, dude. It looks to me like something changed on mathguy's server and the script is being delivered over the web rather than run. I don't think there's anything we can do about it. I think @mathguy has to fix it on his side.
OK i thought it was me i didnt know how to use pl files. Tks hope mathguy fix it soon. I really like to try the calculator
Old February 5th, 2017, 06:18 PM
math olympian

Hello all:
Sorry for my absence the last many months.
Yes, it does look like the server has stopped executing my Perl script. I will look into this.
Old October 12th, 2020, 09:30 PM
math olympian

Re: Heroscape matchup calculator (10/2020 update)

I have now moved the matchup calculator programs to a new server. The first post has been updated. But unfortunately without Mathematica on the new server, the matchup calculator cannot do any new online calculations. It has all the previously calculated results (26,000+ of them) and so any requested calculations that happen to be a previous result will have results displayed. I imagine most matchups of official units (as well as simple custom matchups) were previously done, so hopefully this should still be a useful tool. Moreover, if there are any urgent matchups, one can always ask me to run it on my home computer.

Sorry I've been away for three years. (Life sometimes presents much higher priorities.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software