Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 7th, 2011, 12:52 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart
Kind of afraid to ask this here...

So I was thinking about starting Dungeons and Dragons *Que scary music and lighting* DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!!! Now I know some of you here are hostile towards Wizards after what they did to scape. And I don't blame you. But I was at Toy r us the other day searching for some scape when my eyes came upon this: http://www.gohastings.com/product/BO...LAID=729728906 For 19.99 I was like man this is a deal! I wanna know what the difference is between that stater set and this one: http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CE4Q8wIwAA# Thanks

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old February 7th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Kind of afraid to ask this here...

The red box is akin back to the original AD&D way back when. The other one has the full books while you get some basics and module stuff with the red box I believe. Its supposed to help you start the system. Its WotC's way to try and ease people into the game with having everything laid out for you. Personally I'm going to recommend you go Pathfinder rather than anything 4th edition, or as it was called previously 3.5 edition. Or look around some more and find a game that might even interest you more. My favorite fantasy RPG is Earthdawn.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:03 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
The red box is akin back to the original AD&D way back when. The other one has the full books while you get some basics and module stuff with the red box I believe. Its supposed to help you start the system. Its WotC's way to try and ease people into the game with having everything laid out for you. Personally I'm going to recommend you go Pathfinder rather than anything 4th edition, or as it was called previously 3.5 edition. Or look around some more and find a game that might even interest you more. My favorite fantasy RPG is Earthdawn.
Thanks robbdaman, I've heard mix feelings towards 4thed but I heard it's good for beginners who have never play dnd. Hmmm I shall research earthdawn

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old February 7th, 2011, 06:07 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

just look for 3.5

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Blue: Original 4th Edition.

Red: D&D Essentials.

The Blue contains dungeon tiles, the Red a poster map. Blue pre-generated characters that can be up to level 3, red instructions for custom characters* that can be level 2.

*Not too many choices allowed though.
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I have played several versions of D&D. 4th ed. is a little strange to someone who played 1st and 2nd ed for years but it can be fun once you get all the new rules figured out. I also vote for Earthdawn. It is a great RPG.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games