Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old July 1st, 2023, 10:46 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker
Belgor Ruins (AoA) Map Design Contest!!!

Belgor Ruins Map Contest!

If you frequent the Heroscape discord server you are possibly aware of my custom Belgor ruins walls expansion. These walls operate exactly like the Age of Annihilation walls from the Heroscape Haslab campaign. The only difference is I designed these walls from the ground up in my own style.
My hope is that this custom wall expansion can become a fixture within the thriving Heroscape community, but for that to happen, there needs to be maps! Which brings me to the following.....

Welcome to the Belgor Ruins Map Contest!
Contest Details:
Spoiler Alert!

Contest Timeline:

Spoiler Alert!

Building Requierments

Spoiler Alert!

Belgor Ruins Contents:

Spoiler Alert!

Judgment Parameters:
Spoiler Alert!

Contact info:
The best way to contact me is through Discord!
Roland#1440 or TheKingPrawn
and here is my Discord channel where you can find more images of the Belgor ruins and even purchase a set if you desire: https://discord.gg/atTbEgxvE4
However if you prefer email or Heroscapers my info is as follows
rolandphilip.h@gmail.com or GeneralRolando on Heroscapers.

Finally!
How to Enter!
Step 1: Build your map!!! Remember that you DON'T need to own these custom walls to participate. Do you own Tabletop Simulator? I created a workshop mod with my Belgor Ruins within it! Build your map there!
The steam page can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2989887220

Step 2: Cartograph your map! You may use virtualscape and I can help you make a representation of where the walls should go. You may use Tabletop Simulator as that has my Belgor walls in it. You may even send me pictures of each layer separated. Whatever is gonna get the point across. I will do the heavy lifting as far as finalizing the instructions.
(Don't forget to include special rules and a story with your scenarios)

Step 3: Submit your map! Here is a link to a google form where contestants can submit their maps for review. Files should be in PDF form if possible but you may also upload several pictures or even a link to a workshop mod if you built your map in TTS. https://forms.gle/bXDRWm1fwVsmRU5SA

Step 4: PROFI...Wait! I know waiting sucks! But this is gonna be a big project and I want it to be good! I want a nifty little repository of fun maps made by the community that I can provide everyone so those who want these custom walls have plenty of content to use them with.
Old July 1st, 2023, 10:49 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker
Re: Belgor Ruins (AoA) Map Design Contest!!!

Post Reserved
Old July 1st, 2023, 10:49 AM

Post Reserved--
Old July 1st, 2023, 11:13 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Cool! I plan to enter. How would you reccomend representing the walls in VirtualScape?
Old July 1st, 2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
Cool! I plan to enter. How would you reccomend representing the walls in VirtualScape?
Hi there! For now you can use castle walls to represent columns and the long walls. You can use a stack of freestanding battlements to represent the medium walls. Later on in the competition I will do the work necessary to make the build instructions with my walls photoshopped in.

For my purposes a PDF file with the base build instructions plus a picture from building the map in real life or on tabletop simulator would be helpful. But not necessary.
Old July 1st, 2023, 05:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'll be submitting Malodorr Highway!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 1st, 2023, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I'll be submitting Malodorr Highway!

Would you be able to share how you used virtual scape to make your map? I think that could be helpful to some people.
Old July 1st, 2023, 09:27 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Did I make a virtualscape version? I forget.

If I did, I just stacked battlements on top of each other anywhere that a wall went between two hexes and a fortress column anywhere that there was a wall column or a wall crossing over a hex. Doesn't match perfectly but does kind of get the idea across at least.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 2nd, 2023, 09:17 AM

SheapCreaper Woo who?

Well, dang. I might have to jump on this.

I am he who rules the world, don't you know? One little piece at a time.
Old July 8th, 2023, 03:09 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Thing

Posting in here so I remember to submit something weird and funky and possibly not playable.

~Dysole, with zero ideas yet
Old July 8th, 2023, 04:46 PM

Re: The Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Posting in here so I remember to submit something weird and funky and possibly not playable.

~Dysole, with zero ideas yet
I will find a way to play on it. You can't stop me!!!!
Old July 8th, 2023, 07:57 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

posting to here to submit a map (hopefully) soon!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games