Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 17th, 2008, 02:51 PM

Tiak has disabled reputation
Formula for creating characters?

Hello all

I hope everyone is well. I have been extremely disappointed in Heroclix in the past few months and have been playing HEROSCAPE more and more.
I have been interested in using custom figures from Marvel, DC and Indy. I have taken the liberty of using the vast library that has been created for figure conversions. It is truly remarkable.
I Can't thank you all enough for your hard work creating character cards for some of my Favorite Heroclix figures.
My question is, How do you create the actual stats and abilities? What formula is used in creating these stats?
You all do such great work.
Thank you again.

"That's a dumb planet! If Someone tries to kill you, You try to kill em right back."
Old April 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Formula for creating characters?

There is no set formula. Basically there's just the idea of conceiving the characters based on what you feel their powers/abilities should be (and as compared to official figures), making sure they aren't broken and that the language of their powers sounds as official as possible, and then playtesting as much as you can against official figures to get the best possible estimate of what they should cost. A set formula sure would make things much easier, and people like GreyOwl are theorizing such things even now, but no such thing definitively exists at this point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 18th, 2008, 09:28 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Re: Formula for creating characters?

It is definitely a trial and error process, but thankfully there are plenty of official figures to base a "ballpark" points cost on. Essentially it is classic Scientific Method processing. Make an educated guess, test your educated guess via playtesting, adjust accordingly.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations