Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 4/30

Update 4/30

Another new map. This time I decided to tackle the fairly popular combination of 2 BftU and 1 VW. Hope you enjoy my take on this combination.

Map:
Scaldron
Date Uploaded:
4/30/11
Requires:
2 BftU, 1 VWnote: the glyphs of brandar are treasure glyphs.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 30th, 2011, 05:45 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wow, Scaldron looks fantastic Dignan.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:03 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Wow, Scaldron looks fantastic Dignan.
Thank you very much!

FYI, Gamebear noticed an error in Scaldron. I had misplaced a lava hex on level 2. I went ahead and uploaded a revised PDF already and cleaned up the water hex near the start zone.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old May 7th, 2011, 07:13 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 5/7

Update 5/7

Vigilant represents the first map I've generated for R˙chean's map contest. I'll have the other one posted in short order.

Map:
Vigilant
Date Uploaded:
5/7/11
Requires:
1 RotV, 1 FotA

Old May 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

I love this map.

Dignan, do you ever get tired of hearing that?

It's symmetrical but has an asymmetrical feel to it. It's small but because of where the start zones are, a Z-bomb etc. has far less chance of ruining the beginning game. And no glyphs!

How well do Dragons/Huge figures play on it? Looks like it could be a bit cramped for them.
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awasome View Post
How well do Dragons/Huge figures play on it? Looks like it could be a bit cramped for them.
The dragons don't have a huge problem. There are open areas on the wings for them to move around. Only Moltenclaw and Braxas can really move through the middle without much trouble. Most of the big walkers are ok on this map. I think TKN gets a little hung up in the very middle, but most of the other guys are squeeze through.

Old May 13th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

As opposed to discussing it in the "Outing DA", er "Competitive Heroscape isn't dominated by A+" thread, I'll bring the pic that caught my eye here, where it's a little more appropriate.

I've really like how Trailblazer uses road to speed movement through areas surrounded by raised lava. When I first saw the VS picture of Trespasser I didn't realize that it used a similiar trick, but the map in the above picture really grabbed my attention, and it didn't take too much digging to find it.

Trespasser has jumped near the front of my "want to play" list-I'm definitely going to try it out once I clear up some map space after Ry's contest. I love the combination of jungle with the lava, and the lightly scattered use of battlements gently dictating flow.

I find it interesting that the roads are split into two distinct sections, seperated by raised lava field-I'm looking forward to seeing how that affects troop movement.

For the treasure glyph trap-do you really mean all units that are on lava, or just all units you control that are on lava?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 13th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I've really like how Trailblazer uses road to speed movement through areas surrounded by raised lava. When I first saw the VS picture of Trespasser I didn't realize that it used a similiar trick, but the map in the above picture really grabbed my attention, and it didn't take too much digging to find it.
Yeah, that's something I always enjoy when road and lava are used together. It was what inspired me to create Turnpikes and Burnpikes. I loved Highways and Dieways and thought it would be cool if you had the added threat of lava to the high ground along the road. I feel it makes for a very "movement oriented" game, where armies have a tough time just camping out.

Quote:
Trespasser has jumped near the front of my "want to play" list-I'm definitely going to try it out once I clear up some map space after Ry's contest. I love the combination of jungle with the lava, and the lightly scattered use of battlements gently dictating flow.
Thanks, it's one of my favorite combinations as well. Ever since I made Can't take the heat... I've loved the way the swamp terrain and lava play off one another. I think they make for a striking map. The castle and jungle set are also right up there as I like the "overgrown ruin" look you can achieve with them.

Quote:
I find it interesting that the roads are split into two distinct sections, seperated by raised lava field-I'm looking forward to seeing how that affects troop movement.
It really depends on the armies. Ranged armies do a lot of dancing around that middle lava area as it provides some great shots. Two melee armies facing off with one another won't find much use for those areas and you will see that area vacant for the majority of the game.

Quote:
For the treasure glyph trap-do you really mean all units that are on lava, or just all units you control that are on lava?
Yep, I really mean all units. I've never been a fan of the treasure glyph trap hurting the hero who grabbed it. Many times a hero has to go out of his way to get the glyph in the first place and then there's a chance he can take a wound just for going after something that will likely only give him a slight advantage. I'm much more a fan of the trap triggering a map effect that affects both players and doesn't just penalize the guy getting the glyph.

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Yep, I really mean all units. I've never been a fan of the treasure glyph trap hurting the hero who grabbed it. Many times a hero has to go out of his way to get the glyph in the first place and then there's a chance he can take a wound just for going after something that will likely only give him a slight advantage. I'm much more a fan of the trap triggering a map effect that affects both players and doesn't just penalize the guy getting the glyph.
Hmm, I like it. It adds a little extra tactical consideration about when to go for a treasure glyph-do you still just try to snag it early, before you opponent, or do you wait and give them a turn or two to deploy their units, hopefully some onto lava, in case you fail to pick it up.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 14th, 2011, 01:41 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 5/14

Update 5/14

Guardian is the second map I made for R˙chean's contest. It's got quite a different feel than Vigilant. Hope you like this one as well.

Map:
Guardian
Date Uploaded:
5/14/11
Requires:
1 RotV, 1 FotA

Old May 14th, 2011, 02:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I like this one a lot, Dignan. I like the way it stretches you outside of Raelin's Aura. (Those are power glyphs, I assume.)

I do note that height 4 figures can't attack figures on the two central single-space level 4 perches from the road, because of the battlements. But I guess Heavy Gruts (and WoA in slugfest) can use the nerf .

I guess I also like 4-move figures to be able to reach glyphs in two turns (if 5-move and 6-move figures can), but I'm just about the only person who cares about that.

I'm nitpicking; I really like the pathing and overall design a lot.
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:25 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Love the use of the battlements to restrict movement. Somewhat similar to what Gamebear did with Bad Moon Rising.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios