Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Ohio NHSD 2013 Discussion

So before we schedule an event, some questions, please discuss:
Where should it be at:
  • Columbus, OH (Most likely at CABS)
  • [Warren, OH (All American Cards & Comics) OR Grove City, PA (Bell's Comics, Cards & Games) OR Con On the Cob in Hudson, Ohio (will require $30/day, $50 weekend pass)] AND [Cincinnati (Sci-fi City) OR Dayton (The Game Haven)]

Columbus has the advantage of being big and a central place for all Ohio; Splitting NE and SW Ohio might be easier on driving (except Columbus peeps) and might get some PA & KY peeeps; doing a Con might get some new players and give variety for those attending, but of course $ is a factor in that.
When should it be?
  • Sat, Oct 19
  • Sun, Oct 20
  • Sat, Oct 26
  • Sun, Oct 27
What event should it be?
  • Normal (maybe with reverse-the whip)
  • Take-2, pod-draft, army auction, or other pod/whole army draft.
  • Full draft ( set points, 3-pack, points, pre-made game/map availability)
  • Scenario or other type of event
  • Rolling Rumble
This is not to mention more definite details like point/size limits, maps, customs, etc. and # of rounds & start/end times.

Also where it is at affects who organizes it, which effects what the GM wants to run.

Anyway, please pick/discuss your choices above.

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 12th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old September 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Ohio NHSD 2013 Discussion

[Reserved]
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

If NHSD is done in Columbus, I'll be there. If Columbus isn't having one, Nirek said he might hold one in Grove City. It's the same distance for me, so it just depends on if Columbus is having one.
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

HSer2010 has it right. Me and my crew would likely come out to Columbus (I enjoy playing with the folks out there), but Cincy is just too far for us, so we'd host an event out in Western PA if Cincy is the choice. I'm really fine with either, though ideally we'd pick the location that will bring in the biggest crowd. I'd hate to have 2 events so close together that the crowd is split.
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Woohoo! I've been waiting for this.

My take;

Location: While I can come to Colombus or Hudson, bunking or carpooling are likely my only options... I know Colombus takes like 4 hours to get to from Cleveland and getting up at 6 in the morning on any Saturday/Sunday is exceptionally unappealing. I highly doubt I'd have any tagalongs for the long drives.

Day: I'd prefer it to happen on a Saturday. Not too specific on *which* one either.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Changed "where" to above. I would prefer Columbus, but I got to bug the Columbus scapers to see if they would run/host it. If not than we will split it to SW Ohio & NW Ohio/Western-PA. If no Columbus, no use redundancy between Dayton/Cinti and Warren/Grove City. I will try to get an answer from the Columbus crew by next week or so.

As far as the "Con on the Cob" - I would probably only do if we had NHSD in Columbus on Oct 26/27, and then maybe run a small tourney by myself at the con the previous weekend, but honestly that is a longshot as I don't know how many people would even go to it, whether from seeing the event on Heroscapers or just the Con event registration page.
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:59 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Columbus 9/26 looks good. I'll be celebrating my 20th anniversary on the 19th.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old September 16th, 2013, 04:00 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
Don't you mean 10/26?

That sounds good to me!
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:00 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Don't you mean 10/26?

That sounds good to me!
Yes 10/26.

Loves all Scape

Old September 16th, 2013, 10:08 PM

I've contacted CABS. The best day for them would be 10/19. I would be fine with that.
Do we want it there? Any suggestions?

Loves all Scape

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I've contacted CABS. The best day for them would be 10/19. I would be fine with that.
Do we want it there? Any suggestions?
That'd be a weekend right after a trip to Maryland (the weekend before) for me, so the 26th is better, but I could see for the 19th...
Old September 17th, 2013, 09:42 AM

CABS just informed me that 10/20 & 10/27 are also available. So we could do it October 19th, 20th or 27th.

Loves all Scape

Last edited by WOOKIE; September 23rd, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day