Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 6th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

OK. I've watched the videos. I've read what I could find about the game. Here's my review:

Eh.

That about sums up my feeling about the whole thing.

We have a unit that summons already, Iskra and the Retchets. So MtG doesn't really break new ground there. In fact it adds yet another set of complexity to the game with these cards. Why not just buy units like Heroscape does in the first place, rather than this extra layer of rules. As Chas mentioned the General rule is nothing new to our two groups here on Long Island. And we've played my version of Battle Masters with my card decks of magical abilities for a few years now. All of that, accompanied with the uncertainty of the points being balanced with Heroscape units, the card board battlefield, and the unpainted figures leaves me, well, not wanting to pick this up. I'm sure others will feel differently but it just does not grab me.

I'll stick to the quality customs a lot of us are producing right here on this site. At least here Heroscape doesn't pretend to be something it's not.
Old July 6th, 2015, 07:51 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hey, Griz--not everyone knows that Brooklyn is actually a part of Long Island!
Old July 6th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hey, Griz--not everyone knows that Brooklyn is actually a part of Long Island!
We're all one big happy family out here on the island!

And a very creative bunch I might add. Several of us have really pushed the boudaires of Heroscape that's for sure. It's like our own little, creative think tank!
Old July 6th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seeing this for the first time--it has potential, that's for sure. But as for the game itself meshing with Heroscape, eh... I'd sooner let the C3V or whoever see what they can do with the figures provided than try to figure out a way to combine the two modes of play. We were just talking about the idea of a C3V "Master Set" the other day.

I'm also not super-fond of the unpainted figures, of which there are many.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 6th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Seeing this for the first time--it has potential, that's for sure. But as for the game itself meshing with Heroscape, eh... I'd sooner let the C3V or whoever see what they can do with the figures provided than try to figure out a way to combine the two modes of play. We were just talking about the idea of a C3V "Master Set" the other day.

I'm also not super-fond of the unpainted figures, of which there are many.

~TAF
Personally I'd rather not spend $30 just to get 5 figures that C3V can make customs of. There's a lot of much cheaper minus out there.
Old July 6th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

My first (new) thought Tom went on to say, which is that the "kill the summoner" format is good. I like that a lot.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 6th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Honestly, while I love pouring sweat, blood, and tears into customization, I'm just glad I can walk to store, buy a box, and play some brand new Heroscape right then and there. Tweaked a bit, certainly, and cheaper in spots, sure. It's maybe more of a nephew than a son. But it just feels nice to have official product, one way or another.
Old July 6th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
pouring sweat, blood, and tears into customization
I hear you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 6th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That was a great review by Tom Vasel. Hopefully some expansions are announced at GenCon!
Old July 6th, 2015, 11:43 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Seriously considering picking up this game off of Amazon... except I don't think getting it sooner would actually enable me to play it any sooner.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 7th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like Amazon corrected the price to $29.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Gatherin...ST1JN4DSGRV4MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 7th, 2015, 11:15 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I have the game in my possession. Would people be interested in a brief write-up tomorrow evening?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion