Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old November 9th, 2013, 12:30 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Maryland NHSD 11/9/13: A Savage NHSD!

Of all the Non-HeroScape [:gasp:] games mentioned above, I am only familiar with "Kemet." We've played Mad_Wookiee's copy several times up at West Chester, PA. It's funny though how he always wins. I guess it helps to have read the rules. However, I'm always willing to try gnu tings, especially if their board games.

Anyway, I will be bringing with me two simple (quick to learn) and fast playing ( 15 - 20 minutes ) dice games: "Dungeon Roll" and "FlashNics" that I received recently; and a whole bunch of custom terrain pieces that I've built over the years for the HS Yard Sale Table.

&obtw: I was feeling creative today, so I put together another map, just in case some wandering tourists passing by want to join in the fun of a Heroscaping dice fest. It's my version of Dry Season after a monsoon, slightly tweaked, but kept symmetrical for tourney fairness.

Hope to see all ya'all in about 13 hours. ~ John G ; - ) 0ver & 0ut

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; November 9th, 2013 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:04 AM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

My little brother just asked me if he can bring a friend along. If that's ok then great but no worries if it's too short notice.
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Of course he can. GO, are you still good for a second map? Otherwise I can bring a third.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

... or we can just use John's extra map. I think we're set with just the one, GO.

= =
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm still bringing the pieces for Morass in a box in case you need a last minute map.
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can bring the pieces to build Blackroot in case of a few extras. I will bring some extra armies also.
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

OK. I don't think we'll need all the unassembled maps.

See you guys soon!

= =
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks again to Dad_Scaper for another great tournament. I'm looking forward to the next one!
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Had a very frustrating day. My dice really abandoned me today. I feel fortunate to have had a 2 - 2 day. Thanks to Dad Scaper for the event. It made me get the taste for Heroscape once more.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

It was a great day of gaming. Thanks all for coming, and congratulations to drewcula on taking home the very fine trophy he made. Post tourney thread to come, maybe tomorrow.

= =
Old November 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Can't wait to read the battle reports!

Old November 11th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

TW, I hope you can join us next time.

Post tourney thread here; please put your comments & follow up there, all.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day