Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Aubrien Archers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
I have a saying which I believe is true. "Frenzy seven times in one game and you will win."
The archers are already good normally, and if the D20 is smoking...well then you just don't have a chance. I remember coming on here for the first time and hearing how someone had their 500pt roman army taken down in one or two turns because of their D20 rolls! He didn't kill a single archer either.
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM

mnguy12000 Woo who?

I too have see them take out half my army and that was with only one squad of them! My brother rolled 3 freenzies in a row and took out my MW, Vipers, and half of the Vikings!

Couldnt recover from that.

I wish I was able to get more then one squad of them, but we do use some mage knight archers as proxies now if we want more then one squad.

Tough to beat when the frenzy is working.
Old April 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
Q9 can really tear through them. With a minimum of 7 Defense, I have seen Q9 go round after round taking shots and never taking damage from Aubriens with their weak attacks, even if they have height that is only 3 attack dice.
Definitely agree with that. I had Q9 and after getting slaughtered the first part of the game.. He walks in and I just rolled the 1 attack 9 times and killed them... really it was pretty pathetic.. But i do sorta like these guys against lower defense units.
Old April 28th, 2011, 07:00 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

That's why you take a can opener alongside them.

Aubriens x4
Raelin
Eltahale

This army is definitely on my short list. It looks so fun, and it's quite versatile. Eltahale might not kill Q9, but she can definitely hurt him. Also, she provides the special attack the archers are lacking.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 02:58 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The yellow haired Archer's image is flipped on the Aubrien card.

Last edited by twilkerson; October 3rd, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: simplification
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:03 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Shouldn't Haduc be added in synergies under an SoV/C3V spoiler?

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old May 7th, 2018, 09:26 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Feels slightly over priced to me by 10 points. Frenzy is a fun trick if you can pull it off, but shouldn't be relied on for competitive matches.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 8th, 2018, 01:20 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Frenzy is far more effective on these guys than vipers

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old May 8th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Frenzy is far more effective on these guys than vipers
I have personally seen it work much better with Vipers than Archers. The vipers might die easily, but the movement, and the extra attack die makes all the difference for me. The occasional frenzy is just icing on the cake. And the reduced price makes them a great option.

But keep in mind that this is coming from someone who has played Death Knights, and even with height advantage, has blanked 6 times in a row. Defense means nothing, if you never roll a shield in the first place. So the 0 defense on the vipers doesn't bother me, because I'm used to loosing everything that gets attacked each turn regardless.

My dice only know how to roll skulls, and symbols. I have had Acolarh trigger 10 times in a game with the archers, keeping them alive much longer than anyone expected, and I still can't kill anything with their 2 attack. Frenzy doesn't mean anything if all your attacks either blank, or get blocked. Yeah screens help, and going up against low defense opponents helps, but if your attacks don't wound, it doesn't matter.

In my experience, 3 attack is the point at which something becomes a threat. 2 or less, and I won't trust it to consistently wound, and I have no fear of facing it. It's the same with Defense too. 2 or less, and I can't trust it to live very long, and I can expect it to die to 70% of my attacks. Despite this, one of my favorite armies is Fyorlag Spiders with Wyverns. The spiders probably won't live, or wound, but they'll occasionally remove order markers, and I have had amazing luck with Venomous Sting. I haven't had a lot of luck with Sujoah, so I don't usually use her. My preferred 600 point army is 4 Wyverns, 5 Spiders.
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:18 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Code:
average attacks = 3 + 3(1/4) + 3(1/16) + 3(1/64)...
                        = 3(1/4)^0 + 3(1/4)^1 + 3(1/4)^2 + 3(1/4)^3...
                        = 3/(1 - 1/4) *geometric sum*
                        = 4
It turns out the Aubriens average 4 attacks per marker activation. So the Aubrien Archers are roughly equivalent to a 4 figure unit without frenzy with the same basic stats and cost. For comparison, the 4th Mass Line has the same basic stats and cost except the Aubrien has one extra range. The 4th of course has Wait and Fire and the Valiant Army defense bonus but the Venoc Warlord can increases Aubrien(and Venoc) frenzy chance to 30% which gives the Aubrien on average ~4.29 attacks per marker activation.
4th and 10th are still better because they can get more attack and defense dice, but maybe with Venoc Warlord these guys should be rated higher. I still agree that Venoc Vipers are better (plus more FUN since you can afford to spam them en mass).
Old May 9th, 2018, 02:18 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

While not everyone uses C3V, Haduc is another good option to boost these guys' chances of Frenzying. Combining Elven Supremacy with Frenzy Enhancement makes them only need a 14 or higher to Frenzy, or a 35% chance. The main problem is that at that point, you're basically spending 220 points just to boost their rolls, which won't leave much room for other things.
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
See this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Code:
average attacks = 3 + 3(1/4) + 3(1/16) + 3(1/64)...
                        = 3(1/4)^0 + 3(1/4)^1 + 3(1/4)^2 + 3(1/4)^3...
                        = 3/(1 - 1/4) *geometric sum*
                        = 4
It turns out the Aubriens average 4 attacks per marker activation. So the Aubrien Archers are roughly equivalent to a 4 figure unit without frenzy with the same basic stats and cost. For comparison, the 4th Mass Line has the same basic stats and cost except the Aubrien has one extra range. The 4th of course has Wait and Fire and the Valiant Army defense bonus but the Venoc Warlord can increases Aubrien(and Venoc) frenzy chance to 30% which gives the Aubrien on average ~4.29 attacks per marker activation.
4th and 10th are still better because they can get more attack and defense dice, but maybe with Venoc Warlord these guys should be rated higher. I still agree that Venoc Vipers are better (plus more FUN since you can afford to spam them en mass).
Aubriens are a fun unit, but B is very accurate for them. A 2 attack, 2 defense, 3 man squad that costs 70 points and relies on Frenzy is not going to win any events (or come close).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units