Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 28th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Florida Frenzy 5.0

I do hope to attend.

I definately would say NO CUSTOMS. Point wise? I like the 555 number. It just feels right for this event.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:17 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

It seems 500 point armies are most preferred, but a couple people wanted a non-standard number. I think we can oblige all camps by having a 505 point total. Is this OK with everyone?

I have contacted Books-A-Million, and they have nothing going on 10/22/2011, so we should be all set. That will be the location unless I find an actual game shop which could give us prize support (speaking of which, we may be getting some if we get enough people, so please tell you friends to come!).

The only thing left is to determine maps. As in the past, I think we should have 4-6 maps, each one brought 2-3 times. We need at least one snow/ice map. Please post your suggestions! I want the maps finalized when September ends.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Possible maps:

Stony Pass by Killometer

Boiling Point by Dignan

Thaelenk Pass by Juniour

Swamp Gas 2.0 by Mad Wookie

Polaris by Mad Wookie

A Heated Engagement by Dignan

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; September 7th, 2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Updated to latest version of Stony Pass
Old September 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Possible maps:

Stony Pass by Killometer
Thanks for suggesting my map, Filthy.

Just a warning, it does have a couple of small problems: it uses a few extra shadow tiles (I think that some of Mika's fell into the mix), and there are a couple spots near the middle of the map where a carefully positioned 1-hex ranged figure can't be reached by a 2-hex melee figure. I've been meaning to fix both those issues for a while, and I think that this is finally the impetus to do it. Expect to see a new-and-improved version for your consideration by Wednesday.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

My updates to Stony Pass are coming along really well (I opened up some new paths, made moving out of the start zones quicker, fixed the number of shadow tiles, and fixed the problem with access for double hex units), but I want to give it another couple days of study/tweaking before I post it, so it won't be up 'til Wednesday.

Old September 7th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Gratuitous triple post alert.

Updates to Stony Pass are complete. It's a much more tournament-ready map now. My design thoughts are here.

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:39 PM

Torog has disabled reputation

I just found the thread. I'll definitely be attending.

As adequate as the term couch potato is a more accurate term is cattle. Fat, lazy, and ready to be eaten.

-Max Brooks
Old September 14th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Good to hear, Torog. Thanks for the map suggestions, Filthy the Clown. I would love to play on Stony Pass, but I only have one RttFF. As long as someone can make it, we can have it.

The same goes for lava/snow maps. We need to make sure we have enough tiles to make them, and that they are not too big to fit on the tables. I like Polaris and Juniour's Thaelenk Pass, but it may be a little long for our tables.

Here are a few more possibilities:

Typhon2222's QUICKSILVER FANE (tournament version)
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF (road tiles only), 1 TJ.
Glyphs: 2

Download: here

Map: Bring Your Boots by Bengi
Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TJ
Glyphs: Optional, multiple good locations

Map: Cold Conflict by Bengi
Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 TT, Heavy Snow, Slippery Ice

yagyuninja's Ekstrom Tunnel 1 RotV, 1 FotA

yagyuninja's Oxbow Road 1 ROTV, 1 RttFF

Velenne's Shadow of the Mountain:

Dungeon tiles and glaciers split the map in twain as armies battle across the borders and in the gaps. 1BftU/1TT

The CEE's Redvale Crossing
Requires: RotV x1 and RttFF x1

SuperflyTNT's Tourney Map - The Forbidden Temple ( added 9-26-08 )

PDF Construction Guide: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...d=854&act=down
Required Materials: 1 ROTV, 2 Forest, 1 Castle, and 1 Lexan Grasslands Map (or another Master Set)

rym's Download Overgrown here.

Retlaw's Spring Thaw
Spoiler Alert!

Elstree's Hopscorch

Last edited by BurnyFlame; September 15th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:01 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Just letting you guys know, A Heated Engagement is a really fun map to play on, especially of both players are using melee armies. It's pretty easy to clog up with rats though... Q bros hate the lava placement, but Braxas kills.
Old September 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM

Torog has disabled reputation

Burny, do you have dimensions for the table? or at least an approximate? Perhaps that would aid in deciding which maps to use.

As adequate as the term couch potato is a more accurate term is cattle. Fat, lazy, and ready to be eaten.

-Max Brooks
Old September 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM

Here are the tables:
Books-A-Million

Books-A-Million (Cafe)

Last year we put some of the maps on large cardboard and put those on the tables. I think each small table is like 2' x 2.5', but we can move and combine them as necessary.

Was anyone planning on a 505 point army? Or only 500?
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Hello All,

Sorry for the late response, Torog just notified me of the thread today.

I will definitely be attending so you can put me down for 1.
My wife should be coming too but she'll be spectating rather than playing.

I have to check with Rennix to see what his schedule looks like but I assume he'll be able to make it too.

I'll be sure to let you know if I get anymore newcomers, I have a couple people in mind.

Sincerely,
~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day