Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 12th, 2010, 05:50 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?
need help against an army

Alright I have a friend who always uses the same army but seems to stomp me every game, so could someone post an army to beat this-Q10, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin V. 1, x2 Marro Stingers, and Marro Warriors.

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:02 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: need help against an army

The first mistake you could ever make as a player is to build an army just to beat another. In the long run, it will help your army building and playing skills. To be successful, you cannot focus on one opponent, you need to be able to utilize your army to the best of it's ability. Yes, you could metagame and build something everyone else plays, but where's the fun in that?

My suggestion, find a unit/units you really like, and build something competitive around that.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:08 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Well, I have found that Deathwalker8k is very effective against the marro units. (I learned this the hard way, I was the marro my dad was Deathwalker) Agent Carr is usually a good counter to Raelin, since he is able to walk through anyone to get to her, attacking on the way, and when he gets there, he can hit her hard. So you'll be good if you can build around them and find a counter unit to Q10 and the Krav Maga. (I'll let you do some of the work )

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:21 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

alright, I do have a competive army myself, thats what he was beating so I wanted to at least beat him once. I'll Try those thanks!

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:36 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

DED may get lucky for Q10, but I wouldn't play him too competitively.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:52 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Q9 can handle the marro and I agree with the agent carr solution. His queglix gun may be able to handle the krav maga unless the dice gods are on his side. Do deathreavers to tangle up q10 and then shoot him down with 4th mass.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Q9 can handle the marro and I agree with the agent carr solution. His queglix gun may be able to handle the krav maga unless the dice gods are on his side. Do deathreavers to tangle up q10 and then shoot him down with 4th mass.
That sounds like it could work... except out of that, all I have is death reavers...

Old December 12th, 2010, 07:26 PM

flargen507 Woo who?

I like the idea of using Deathwalker 8k, he would be good in this situation. I also think that you need a good Raelin killer. May I suggest Cyprien, he could catch your opponent off-guard mid game. I would also try Nilfheim, his ice shard attack could potentially kill stingers as well as Q10. Possibly draft Kelda to heal him if need be. And if you have the Greenscales, that's just an added bonus!
Old December 12th, 2010, 07:31 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart

gurei oni and torin can help against all that range, along with some phantom knights as well

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion