Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Minions of Utgar

I'm sorry, I'm just not understanding you here. You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
Zetacron
And then you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
...lacks significant range...
I thought it was well-known that Zetacron counts as 'significant'?
Old October 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocksaint View Post
So any suggestions for heros that complment these guys for a 480 point army. So 3 or 2 squads of these guys and something else?
Minions x3: 330
Major Q10: 150
Total: 480pts, 11 hexes.

Q10 has the range and staying power to fit well with the minions.

You could also try:

Minions x2: 220
Runa: 120
Deathwalker 9000: 140
Total: 480pts, 8 hexes.

Only do this if you are feeling lucky! Switching out DW9K for the Krav Maga and a squad of rats would make it more reliable.
Old October 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

Man I didnt event think of Q10 thats a good idea. The stingers own but I am trying to avoid using A+ units for the tournment. Runa seems, well just to dangerous for my side to use, especially with 3 squads. I have been just looking over other units trying to find something to boost their attack for obvious reasons.

Would Kamon Awe and a filler unit be tournment worthy?

Thanks for the advice guys.
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:37 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Zetacron will only get to attack once per turn and he won't last long. In a tournament one needs to maximize attacks per turn, silly goose.
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Statistically Speaking the Sentinels just edge out the minions. (If I did it right)
I was wondering this the other day and I came to the conclusion that the minions were significantly better than the sentinels. While I considered this I completely disregarded the psudo bonding that the minions have.

I figure that you would rather have more defense dice than a defense modifier because statistically 6 dice rolls better than 4.

On the other hand you lose out on attack. But I don't feel like this is true because attack rolls 50% better than defense. (1/3 vs 1/2 or 2/6 vs 3/6 is a 50% gain when converting defense to attack.)

Looking at this without in game situations is useless because statistically they should come out to be almost exactly the same; the deciding factor for me is height. These 2 squads are flying so height should be easy to come by. The minions win out over the sentinels on height because they gain another 50% chance to use their bonus; whereas, the sentinels gain a 33.33% chance to use theirs.

Obviously if we were talking about a sentinels vs minions game all this would be moot, so after reading this assume that it is from a minions or sentinels vs everything else point of view.

I'm still trying to reason one way or another, but for now this is how I see it. Could I get some help?

I know there was a thread with alot of graphs and stuff that shows how 4 dice gives the most effective rolls, but I can't find it; I think it was called "Magic numbers" or something?

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

GL,

My experience grants the Minions the advantage. Since squads are currently dominating the landscape you often need to defend against a single skull - at this the Minions far surpass the Sentinels with far fewer whiffs on six dice. On offense, the magic is just the opposite - generating two skulls per attack. The Minions do that more reliably than the Sentinels as well.

Having said that, I have to admit that trying to kill Sentinels with good attacks can be really, really annoying (say from the Ninjas or Nilfheim).

~Aldin, Minnion Man

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

And, dear Aldin, my experience grants the Sentinels, in an all Valiant army (what other kind would you want to have) the advantage.

Actually, I think Aldin's and my own position about sum up the Sentinels vs. Minions controversy and reveal why they are both 110 points per squad. It depends on the maps/armies/situations. They're really close, but not, thank goodness, mirror images.
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
And, dear Aldin, my experience grants the Sentinels, in an all Valiant army (what other kind would you want to have) the advantage.

Actually, I think Aldin's and my own position about sum up the Sentinels vs. Minions controversy and reveal why they are both 110 points per squad. It depends on the maps/armies/situations. They're really close, but not, thank goodness, mirror images.
Excellent point, Rev! I almost mentioned Concan, but my success rate with Concan+Sentinels is roughly equal to zero.

~Aldin, wondering if he needs to give the hammer-wielding Kyrie another chance

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:16 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

if anything I am more on the fence than ever. Thank you for your imput, both of you.

Old December 9th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
if anything I am more on the fence than ever. Thank you for your imput, both of you.
Between Sentinels of Jandar and Minions of Utgar, the fence is where you should be. That's why the genius original play-testers gave them the same point values.
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
That's why the genius original play-testers gave them the same point values.
Just like Q9 and Taelord

~Aldin, who thinks Taelord gets a bit of a bad rap

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Between Sentinels of Jandar and Minions of Utgar, the fence is where you should be. That's why the genius original play-testers gave them the same point values.
Hey look they even have the same point value! Maybe this was done on purpose... I guess that was a give away that I missed huh?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units