Notices

Old February 21st, 2009, 08:57 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Tor-Kul-Na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
TKN is best with Stingers and Grubs, without any range your army becomes pretty one dimensional.
I agree.
I have to disagree with this. I have had some pretty good success with 2 sets of Marrden Hounds. Great move on a lucky roll and they have an instant wound ability, they can get into the fight and contend. But the defense is why I love them! Stingers are no necessity. You don't have to have range.
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:52 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Quote:
Quote:
TKN is best with Stingers and Grubs, without any range your army becomes pretty one dimensional.
I agree.
I have to disagree with this. I have had some pretty good success with 2 sets of Marrden Hounds. Great move on a lucky roll and they have an instant wound ability, they can get into the fight and contend. But the defense is why I love them! Stingers are no necessity. You don't have to have range.
Well then what do you plan on doing about X17, or other soulborgs? An army should be well balanced for any opponent.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:06 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree.
Well then what do you plan on doing about X17, or other soulborgs? An army should be well balanced for any opponent.
I plan on following Matthias' example and playing mostly melee if I want to anyway, and still do well in the game.

As for TKN, there is just something about this guy. He always seems over powered when I play against him, but he's just too weak when I play with him. I just don't know what it is and it bugs me because I would love to play a solid army with him in it.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:42 AM

kingofweston Woo who?

if ya ask me, TKN and the nagrubs arent my thing becouse nagrubs die so easily
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree.
I plan on following Matthias' example and playing mostly melee if I want to anyway, and still do well in the game.

As for TKN, there is just something about this guy. He always seems over powered when I play against him, but he's just too weak when I play with him. I just don't know what it is and it bugs me because I would love to play a solid army with him in it.
I think that range helps an army, but is not needed. It does, in my opinion, help you. Last night, my brother, dad and I were playing a game with reinforcenents coming at round 3, and my brother never had any range, but almost won. That shocked me, because he got 300 points of reinforcements. I got 100, my dad got 50. In the end, Guilty and my Dad's Marro Warriors simply outrandged my brother and left him with Charos, 2 life left. He lost to an angy Krug. In short, my dad and I (we worked together because 300 extra points in a 600 point game is a lot) outranged by brother to win.

Actually, I lost. My last figure, Raelin was in a position to kill my Dad's last figure, Krug (Who had 7 wounds).I had hight. I attack with 4 dice and roll, Shield Shield Valkyrie Symbol Shield. Needless to say, Krug killed Raelin.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:42 PM

kingofweston Woo who?

I know this is a bad idea but to me, range isnt really that important. All that matters is defense.the problem is that nagrubs have such low defense.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:44 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofweston View Post
I know this is a bad idea but to me, range isnt really that important. All that matters is defense.the problem is that nagrubs have such low defense.
That's why you use a swarm. One way to avoid this is to take out your opponents range and that way anyone trying to kill your grubs has to meet you face to face, meaning fighting TKN to get to your grubs.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old March 31st, 2009, 11:24 PM

Syrn Woo who?

Just speaking for Torky's awesomeness. I saw him kill 3 squads of Minions the other day in 1 round. Then Captain put the hurt on him. But still...

~Syrn

GO DK, GO!
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:27 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

That wouldnt seem too hard to do if you positioned TKN well. Lets see, each turn, stomp 1-3 minions on avg, then kill another with an attack. Plus maybe some nagrub boosts, and this makes this a bit more likely.
This "massacre" is probably due to the Minions low move of 4, but still pretty impressive
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:05 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I coudln't find the answer to this question.

If Tor-Kul-Na attempts to make a stomp which would cause him to take a disengagement attack from another unit, and fails the roll to make the stomp, does he still take the disengagement attack?
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I coudln't find the answer to this question.

If Tor-Kul-Na attempts to make a stomp which would cause him to take a disengagement attack from another unit, and fails the roll to make the stomp, does he still take the disengagement attack?
Since he does not disengage, he does not take a strike. Intentions do not get you attacked, just actual disengagements.
Old June 13th, 2009, 09:07 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, Romans were probably a bad choice against Torky. A melee squad that operates best when clumped? Anybody could have made Roman toe cheese in that situation with Tor-Kul-Na. However, he's not overpowered. Good range units take him down every time.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units