Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Sir Dupuis - what's your army idea?

I don't know - I think Matthias has hit the nail on the head. Every army I come up with just doesn't sound as good as his. It has no range (come on, it's Matthias) but it has RIDICULOUS movement and strong defense. It has great glyph grabbing ability. It has the ability to kill Q9. It has the ability to tie down ranged squads....

I'm all over this thing. Matthias, nice work!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Thanks KC and Jexik

I'm getting ready for a tourney with 550 points, so I adjusted my army slightly to -
Knights x 4 - 280
Gilbert - 385
Dupius - 535
Isamu - 545

I played it 3 times last night
against a Cyprien + Nilf army
against a Brunak, Sonlen, Raelin, TSA army
against the typical Q9, rats, Laglor, Raelin, Krav army.

It pretty much handled the first 2 armies with ease. Brunak was a little troublesome since he was blocking a choke point with Raelin behind him, but Dupius took the long route and smacked the Kyrie in her head and the knights cleaned up afterwards.

The last army was a little difficult with the rats with 6 defense, but the 4 defense knights were standing up pretty good to the major's 3 attacks of 3. Eventually the rat shield came down and Dupius charged in and smacked Raelin again. Dupius then engaged the major, but wasn't rolling real well. But he distracted the major while my knights surrounded the major with a boost from Gilbert were able to take him down. Dupius died against Laglor, but the knights finished him off. The Krav died early from an assassin mission by Isamu. I took out 2 of them and then a knight killed the last one. I had 3 knights and Gilbert with 2 wounds left after it was over. It was close, but Dupius had a strong enough attacker to lay the smack down when necessary. I was impressed with it. Let's just say that my opponents around here are sick of the knights!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:29 AM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Matthias, while I'm still skeptical, I am really glad that you're having success with Dupuis. I want him to be good and I love the KoW I've just seen range rule in the long run.

Let us know if you have any other battles with him. I've very interested.
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I plan on play-testing him quite a bit for the KC tourney in July.
Range doesn't rule as much as you think! It's a combination of defense, number of activations, and movement. If you can get it working right, range is nothing to fear.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:51 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sir Dupuis - what's your army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch View Post
Dupuis 150 +
KoWsX2 140 = 290 +
Sir Gilbert 105 = 395 +
James Murphy 75 = 470 +
Guilty 30 = 500

I figure that both Guilty and James Murphy have the potential to hurt more than one time per turn and the core army of knights needs range support. Why not some cowboys?
I'm quoting myself because after reading and thinking about it some more I would drop James Murphy and Guilty and draft a squad of omnicron snipers or 4th mass (who knows if the Red Coats will fit in or not.) In that way I could use Sir Gilbert's movement bonus with Jandar units. It will be tough to pass on Sir Gilbert given the fact that he gives more cohesion to knight/Jandar armies.

Another alternative is
Sir Dupuis = 150 +
KoWsx2 140 = 290 +
Eldgrim 30 = 320 +
4th MassX2 = 470 +
Guilty 30 = 500

Send Guilty on a suicide mission so the 4th Mass can have the bonus.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Last edited by Hero Hot Hatch; June 19th, 2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

150 dupuis
80 concan
80 finn
80 thorgrim
210 3x kow
-----------
600 points

I just realized that Dupuis makes Concan a bit more viable, since Concan effectively gives Dupuis +2 attack and +1 defense. Pretty cool. In this army, every unit can boost every other unit with auras and then the vikings can still boost either concan or dupuis after death. Top it off with some bonding and it's got pretty insane synergy. The various units, when their potential is maximized, can each theoretically get as high as:

Dupuis: 9 attack/6 defense
Concan: 5 attack/5 defense
Finn: 3 attack/5 defense
Thorgrim: 4 attack/4 defense
Knights: 5 attack/6 defense

Though it's all mostly just theoretical it's still pretty sick. While you wouldn't likely be maxxed out on any of these very often, you should still have a pretty nice assortment of bonuses available most of the time.
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:02 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I just realized that Dupuis makes Concan a bit more viable, since Concan effectively gives Dupuis +2 attack and +1 defense.
Concan isn't a knight... is he? How does he give a +2 attack to Dupuis? What am I missing here?

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
Quote:
I just realized that Dupuis makes Concan a bit more viable, since Concan effectively gives Dupuis +2 attack and +1 defense.
Concan isn't a knight... is he? How does he give a +2 attack to Dupuis? What am I missing here?
Oops I goofed you're right. I guess Concan doesn't get the boost I thought. Bummer.
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:07 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Oops I goofed you're right. I guess Concan doesn't get the boost I thought. Bummer.
He still goes nicely with the army you created... Knights boost Dupuis...Concan boosts the Knights.., Finn/Thorgrim boost either...

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

Quote:
He still goes nicely with the army you created... Knights boost Dupuis...Concan boosts the Knights.., Finn/Thorgrim boost either...
Concan still boosts Dupuis because he's a knight, it's just the usual +1/+1 instead of the +2/+1 I thought it was. Oddly enough, I also goofed in my math, so even though I messed up with Concan's bonus the end number was still right for a maxxed-out Dupuis: +9/+6
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM

Doey08 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

because of that knight atk for nearby units, i would definetly do this: (based on 510 point tournaments)

Sir Dupius(150 points)
Templar Cavalry x1 (120 points)
Sir Gilbert (105 points)
Knights of Weston x1 (70 points)
Marro Stingers x1 (60 points, point fillers )

505 points

Knights, Cavalry, Minutemen-What's better than that?
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:30 PM

master 9333 Woo who?

This is an interesting 510 point idea I thought of:

Sir Dupuis - 150
Templar Cavalry x 3 -360

First you charge in with one squad of Templars then follow up with Dupuis on the next turn. This will give you 3 attacks of 5+ one turn and 1 attack of 7+ the next turn. You could then bring more Templar from behind or just keep charging in the same pattern. I don't know how well this would work, but what could be cooler than 10 knights on horses charging into a battle?(Besides elves and dragons)

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles... ~Isaiah 40:31

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion