Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Deathstroke

The Book of Deathstroke

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 2
CREATURES AND CREEPERS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Crisis set.
Its model number and name are #028 / Deathstroke.

Alt Mini Card:
Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio - Imbued with enhanced physical powers by secret army experiments attempting to create metahuman supersoldiers for the U.S. military, Deathstroke became a mercenary soon after the experiment when he defied orders and rescued his friend Wintergreen, who had been sent on a suicide mission by a commanding officer with a grudge. However, he kept this career secret from his family, even though his wife was an expert military combat instructor—indeed, she had been responsible for a significant portion of his early training—until a criminal named the Jackal kidnapped his younger son, Joseph, as a hostage to force Slade to divulge the name of a client who had hired him as an assassin. Slade refused to do so, claiming that it was against his personal honor code, and attacked and killed the kidnappers at the rendezvous. Unfortunately, Joseph's throat was slashed by one of the criminals before Slade could prevent it, destroying his vocal cords and rendering him mute.
After taking Joseph to the hospital, Slade's wife, Adeline, enraged at his endangerment of her son, tried to kill Slade by shooting him, but only managed to destroy his right eye. Afterward, his confidence in his physical abilities was such that he made no secret of his impaired vision, marked by his mask which has a black, featureless half covering his lost eye. Without his mask, Slade wears an eye-patch.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by tcglkn; February 25th, 2022 at 08:56 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Deathstroke-design phase

NAME = DEATHSTROKE
SECRET IDENTITY = SLADE WILSON

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 280

QUICK SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Figures roll 2 fewer defense dice when defending against this special attack. After Deathstroke attacks with this special attack, he may move up to 3 spaces. If Deathstroke is engaged when he begins this move, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

CALCULATED DEFENSE
When an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces attacks Deathstroke with a normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, you may defend with Calculated Defense. When defending with Calculated Defense you must roll at least 2 defense dice. After defending, if Deathstroke has not been destroyed, you may roll all remaining defense dice. All shields rolled on the remaining defense dice count as unblockable hits on the attacker.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Deathstroke, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 11th, 2021 at 10:22 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think he needs a Healing Factor too.
He does have one, but I figured that I could give him 6 life and 6 defense to represent that. We already have some C3G units and multiple official ones with healing factors and I just don't want to turn them into fall back options for powers.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I don't know much about the theme of the unit, but I like how he counters Flash. (Even though Flash is one of my favorite Units) AND Doesn't the brainstorming phase come first?
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
He does have one, but I figured that I could give him 6 life and 6 defense to represent that. We already have some C3G units and multiple official ones with healing factors and I just don't want to turn them into fall back options for powers.
Sorry for the double post but what Official Units have a Healing Factor? (Unless you are thinking of the Feral Troll, and he hardly counts.)
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
The Closer

Re: Deathstroke-brainstorming phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I don't know much about the theme of the unit, but I like how he counters Flash. (Even though Flash is one of my favorite Units) AND Doesn't the brainstorming phase come first?
I knew I would mess something up

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry for the double post but what Official Units have a Healing Factor? (Unless you are thinking of the Feral Troll, and he hardly counts.)
Well the Feral Troll pops into my head, and when I first got my MS3, it took me 3 or 4 trys to get past him in the first room, mainly because of the healing factor of him, so I'd say he counts. I can't think of what off hand but I'm sure there are more then just him with a healing factor though.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Quote:
I knew I would mess something up

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well the Feral Troll pops into my head, and when I first got my MS3, it took me 3 or 4 trys to get past him in the first room, mainly because of the healing factor of him, so I'd say he counts. I can't think of what off hand but I'm sure there are more then just him with a healing factor though.
Hey its your first design don't worry about it.
But yea I think using a healing factor would be fine. Its much less used than Bonding, Tough, Disengage, or Phantom Walk. But I think if a power fits a Character, you shouldn't be afraid of using it.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Nice concept. The only changes I see is that his species would be Metahuman, and htis re-wording:

Range 4. Attack 1.
Figures may not roll defense dice when defending against Quick Shot Special Attack.

Oh, and someone else with Healing Factor would help.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
The Closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Nice concept. The only changes I see is that his species would be Metahuman, and htis re-wording:

Range 4. Attack 1.
Figures may not roll defense dice when defending against Quick Shot Special Attack.

Oh, and someone else with Healing Factor would help.
I knew my wording was off, but couldn't get it right in my head so thanks. He is actually a altered human, he was expermented on by the army who were trying to make supersoldiers. That to me says altered since I belive metahumans i DC's version of mutants i.e. born that way. If I'm wrong I'll gladly change it to metahuman.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I am so excited that Deathstroke is here in the public section. I really look forward to seeing him develop. Titans, go!

My thoughts:

Lightning Reflexes: I'm not sure I like the current incarnation of Lightning Reflexes. It seems odd that he only gets the benefit when attacking a figure that specializes in dodging. In my opinion, it would makes sense if he got the bonus against all figures, but in addition, Speed Dodge cannot be used when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke. Something like this:

LIGHTNING REFLEXES
Figures roll 1 (or 2) less defense dice when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke. The Speed Dodge Special Power may not be used when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke.

This way, his reflexes are reflected on everyone, but he still hinders Speedsters.

Quick Shot Special Attack: Deathstroke definitely needs a special attack that represents his love of guns. I'm not really feeling this one, though. This feels more like a Special Attack for a sniper. I'd rather see Deathstroke have a gun attack that allows him to gain tactical advantage. Perhaps:

Range 6. Attack 3.
After Deathstroke attacks with his Quick Shot Special Attack, he may move up to 3 spaces. Deathstroke does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving due to Quick Shot Special Attack.

Assassin's Counterstrike: I like it, but I don't love it. I feel as though using blanks is being a bit overdone. On the other hand, some sort of counterstike is absolutely necessary for a Deathstroke custom. Personally, I favor an ability I use on many of my customs.

EXPERT COMBATANT
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

If you go this route, though, you would probably need to reduce his defense to 5 so he isn't too overpowered against melee figures.

I also like the idea of giving him a healing ability, but there's nothing I'd be willing to drop for it. Therefore, I really like your idea of rolling his healing factor into his life. Giving him 6 or 7 life definitely accomplishes this.

Last edited by Balantai; September 2nd, 2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great suggestions, Balantai! I wouldn't mind seeing Assassin's Counterstrike work from Range too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I don't think he ought to have Super Strength as he's listed as being able to press 800lbs and that's what Captain America is at. I believe our lower end for Super Strength was determined to be able to press 1000lbs (though certain figures like Magneto, with powers that allow them to life/throw etc. heavier objectes can have Super Strength even though they physically can't lift that much).

I can see Healing Factor power. If he's got it, he's got it.

I'd lower his defense perhaps to 5 if he ends up with the Healing factor.

Also, you might not need that Lightning Reflexes power as the Assassin's Counter Strike could simiulate his ability for superhuman reflexes. Speedsters like Flash would still suffer the affects of his reflexes since his special attacks are a max of 4 x 3 and that would be dangerous for him to attempt attacks of 3 vs. Assassin's Counter Strike. He'd maybe choose his normal attack of 5 and try to get away, but he still runs the risk of Deathstroke bypassing his Dodging ability. If he gets Healing Factor, that could replace Lightning Reflexes as I don't think he needs 4 powers.

Or you can totally change things to give him Enhanced Mind in place of both Lightning Reflexes and Assassin's Counterstrike while adding Healing Factor. Ehanced Mind could simulate how fast he processes info on an opponent and can use his mind and reflexes to predict their likely movement. It would work against any Unique Hero including Speedsters.

Enhanced Mind
If Deathstroke has previously attacked or defended against an opponent's Unique Hero, that figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice for the remainder of the game when defending against an attack from Deathstroke.

Just some

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library