Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 13th, 2008, 07:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS ~ KNT
Thanks for this nyys, I've been looking for this type of photo-walk-through-magical-to-watch-super-special-awesome look into board building everywhere on the net, but I've come up with little.

It really amuses me to see things go from first step to last step... What can I say, I'm easily amused sometimes.

~Neko
Thanks HS ~ KNT. If you're interested in seeing more step by step stuff like this you should check out http://www.terragenesis.co.uk, tons of great stuff on that site. I discovered it about 5-6 years ago and have learned pretty much everything as far as terrain making goes, from this site.
Old February 13th, 2008, 10:21 PM

DeathWalker (big number) has disabled reputation
I can't wait to see the finished city! me waiting ->

How do you get a signature???
Old February 13th, 2008, 10:30 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Just wondering, how much does i take to get started with 40,000? I want to play a black templar army, can i paint the boxed set's minis to look like them?

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old February 14th, 2008, 12:39 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
Just wondering, how much does i take to get started with 40,000? I want to play a black templar army, can i paint the boxed set's minis to look like them?
Do you mean Games-Workshop models? Other than the Chaos stuff, any Marine box set can be painted to match the faction of your choice. It's expensive though, as you'll need about 1500 points worth of models for a good battle, which will run you several hundred dollars.

Try http://www.thewarstore.com, all their GW stuff is 20% off and shipping is $5 no matter the order. You have to call in the order to them as GW doesn't allow online shopping carts to their vendors. Ebay is a good place as well, just have to be patient. I have about 3500 pts worth of Marine models and have never paid full retail for any of them.
Old February 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco
Very very COOL!
You have a great terrain building skill man.
Indeed! Nice work!
Old February 14th, 2008, 11:58 PM

Building #4 Siding and Roof Part II

Made some more progress though there was a casualty in the process, my left hand took nine stitches last night due to breaking the cardinal model making rule. Never cut towards your body.

The finished roof skeleton.

Cut the cardboard to fit and hot glue.

As promised the roof is removable for game play.

Most of the battle damage on this piece won't be visible until the painting stage. Plenty of detailing to do but that will wait until a few more buildings are pieced together.

Last edited by nyys; October 28th, 2022 at 09:32 AM.
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Man I can't wait to see this whole thing finished. Some of those buildings are just going to look awesome! I mean all of them really!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Never cut towards your body.
That's why I positively magnatize all my knives, axes and other general use sharp objects and allways wear a magnet with the positive end facing out on my hands and stomach.

It does get annoying when I have to walk past electric fences, but I digress.

Jk. Good luck with your war wound.

6 x 9 = 42

Old February 15th, 2008, 06:41 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Wow! looks great!

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old February 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
Quote:
Never cut towards your body.
That's why I positively magnatize all my knives, axes and other general use sharp objects and allways wear a magnet with the positive end facing out on my hands and stomach.

It does get annoying when I have to walk past electric fences, but I digress.

Jk. Good luck with your war wound.

Now that I'm almost 48 hours removed from the 'incident' the whole thing is a lot more funny.

-insert signature here-
Old February 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS ~ KNT
Thanks for this nyys, I've been looking for this type of photo-walk-through-magical-to-watch-super-special-awesome look into board building everywhere on the net, but I've come up with little.

It really amuses me to see things go from first step to last step... What can I say, I'm easily amused sometimes.

~Neko
Thanks HS ~ KNT. If you're interested in seeing more step by step stuff like this you should check out http://www.terragenesis.co.uk, tons of great stuff on that site. I discovered it about 5-6 years ago and have learned pretty much everything as far as terrain making goes, from this site.
Yeah, I've seen that site. Never seen the forums though...

Thanks.

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:30 PM

Building #7 (the complex)

When I started this piece it was intended to incorporate building #6 but ended up taking on a life of it's own.

I had two pieces of similar packing foam that roughly looked like a building (pic below). Back when I first got into making terrain I used to save every piece of foam I could put my hands on, and having access to the trash room of an IT department meant more than I could handle. It got so bad that I actually rented storage space for all the foam I was taking home. Are you kidding me? That is just pathetic. I finally came to my senses and realized that even if every piece I saved was good for making into a building, there was no way I would ever use it all. Anyway to make an already too long story short, I got rid of the storage space and only kept the best pieces. A couple more years go by and now HeroScape is taking up a lot of room, so out the door goes the rest of my packing foam except for these two pieces.

So far I've turned it into the following with plenty more detailing to go. I really like how it's coming along, once it's painted I think it is going to be a great piece.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 28th, 2022 at 09:33 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles