Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 5th, 2022, 12:23 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Most board game minis come unpainted these days. All of my large crowdfunders have them.
This is one of the main points that bothers me about the painted/unpainted debate, namely those showing their displeasure that the new miniatures are unpainted. As you and many others have brought up, the amount of pre-painted miniatures on shelves in 2022 is little to none, and, from what I've been seeing, people neglect to remember that. A line of miniatures with unique designs, quality sculpts, AND that come pre-painted is just not viable in the current economic climate. I'm personally not convinced in the slightest that, if the current Vanguard set came with pre-painted minis for a price tag of $450 (give or take), it would be enough incentive for nay-sayers to back the project, especially if they're complaining about the current price tag of $250.

We all (CVN included!) were incredibly fortunate to experience the level of quality in design, presentation, and bang for your buck of classic Heroscape from 2004-2010. That time has long since passed. The best thing we can do is to look ahead for new ways of making Heroscape a viable game.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion