Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Any Mac Users out there?

My 2 y.o. got on my computer the other day while I was getting something from another room and did something.

Now everytime I boot up, MS Excell boots up as well. I don't want that. I never use excell. Anyone know how to stop it from automatically opening upon start up?

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:26 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Omac>Library>StartupItems

He may have moved it into your startup items folder. I'm no expert though.
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:30 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I am a Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Well.... I looked for a startup folder.... couldn't find it.

I used to be a PC person, but I switched to a Mac because it would be more useful for work.

Unfortunately, it's just different enough to confuse the crap out of me sometimes.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
I use a mac. It sounds like he accidentally marked for it to run when your computer starts. You can find that setting by Right-clicking (or command-clicking) on the program icon in the desktop while the program is running. there should be a checkmark next to the "open at login" option. Uncheck it.

I hope that helps!

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:45 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
I am a Mac.
Mac Guido?

Doesn't sound very Scottish
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:09 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
I am a Mac.
Mac Guido?

Doesn't sound very Scottish
Scotch-Italian to be exact. We wear pinstripe kilts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:17 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Don't exactly know how you've set up your Mac, nor which Mac OS you have, but this may help ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Help
Preventing items from opening when you log in
If you've set up your user account to automatically open certain applications or documents when you start up or log in, you may want to prevent these items from opening from time to time.

If the login window appears when you start up your computer, hold down the Shift key and click the Login button. Continue to hold down the Shift key until you see the Dock.
If you don't see the login window when you start up your computer, hold down the Shift key when you see the progress bar in the startup window. Continue holding down the key until your desktop appears and the startup completely finishes.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:22 PM
Ug, a gray man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Don't exactly know how you've set up your Mac, nor which Mac OS you have, but this may help ...
Quote:
If you've set up your user account to automatically open certain applications or documents when you start up or log in, you may want to prevent these items from opening from time to time.

If the login window appears when you start up your computer, hold down the Shift key and click the Login button. Continue to hold down the Shift key until you see the Dock.
If you don't see the login window when you start up your computer, hold down the Shift key when you see the progress bar in the startup window. Continue holding down the key until your desktop appears and the startup completely finishes.
That's a temporary bypass, for each time you startup your computer.

If you want to stop the programs or files from running every time you startup, just disable the icons in the dock as I explained above.

My Latest Maps
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:24 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to stop the programs or files from running every time you startup, just disable the icons in the dock as I explained above.
Not temporary, simply different.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:33 PM
Ug, a gray man

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
Quote:
Quote:

Not temporary, simply different.
Temporary = you have to do it every time you start the computer up.

Permanent = you DON'T have to do it every time you start the computer up.

Temporary AND different.

My Latest Maps
Old March 7th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
If you still have the problem, open System Preferences... and click the Accounts icon. Click the Login Items tab, select the applciation you don't want to start up, and click the little box with the minus symbol in it located below the list. This should stop the program from opening.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General