Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 23rd, 2016, 10:08 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker
Re: Recommend Me Some Units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman1666 View Post
My first player always seems to choose the same few units: the Izumi Samurai, Tarn Viking Warriors and Agent Carr are main-stays of his, with FINN THE VIKING CHAMPION reigning supreme above all others (due to the stupidest injoke I've ever had to endure.), I suspect also that after wiping out nearly my entire army in 1 round with them, he'll be using the Airborne Elite a lot more.
Sounds like he enjoys melee. For a melee hero, how about Krug? Big troll is always fun. Ninjas of the Northern Wind could also be up his alley. Or perhaps a Fen Hydra, whose multiple attacks could take full advantage of Finn's spirit.

Quote:
My second player favours high defence, high range units that she can keep at the back, in particular she is fond of Deathwalker 8000 the Krav Maga Agents. She's also a big history buff, so historically themed units are certain to draw her eye.
Hmm. Warriors of Ashra are similar to the Krav, but get their defense bonus against melee attacks. Omnicron Snipers are high-range soulborgs that might be fitting. Kaemon Awa is probably the winning bet, though - a ranged samurai with counterstrike.

Quote:
What units do you think these two might enjoy, and if I want to finally defeat them on the battlefield, which units should I craftily buy and not tell them about during the draft? :P
Deathreavers and Major Q9? :P
Old September 24th, 2016, 04:14 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Thanks for all the continued help everyone, those Auggiegamestore links look a lot cheaper than Ebay (if they do international shipping for less than £20)

To take this thread in a slightly different direction... I routinely play with two other people and was wondering if anyone had some unit suggestions that might appeal to them directly. (After all, I love everything Heroscape, their the ones I have to convince to play with me)

My first player always seems to choose the same few units: the Izumi Samurai, Tarn Viking Warriors and Agent Carr are main-stays of his, with FINN THE VIKING CHAMPION reigning supreme above all others (due to the stupidest injoke I've ever had to endure.), I suspect also that after wiping out nearly my entire army in 1 round with them, he'll be using the Airborne Elite a lot more.

My second player favours high defence, high range units that she can keep at the back, in particular she is fond of Deathwalker 8000 the Krav Maga Agents. She's also a big history buff, so historically themed units are certain to draw her eye.

What units do you think these two might enjoy, and if I want to finally defeat them on the battlefield, which units should I craftily buy and not tell them about during the draft? :P
I'm not as knowing on figures as people on the rest of this site, but I've played a lot of various collectible games. If I'm reading your post right it sounds like your friends haven't really developed a preference yet. people rarely know what appeals to them gameplay wise when they start new hobbies. my suggestion is to try and get unique squads and heroes that do different things, so that everyone has the ability to explore what appeals to them.
Once your friends have played for a while they'll know what they want that fits their play style, rather than any random biases that they could have now.

that said common squads are really powerful. It's a good investment to get multiples of the same squad if you can. They can be kind of pricey because you need to get 3 or 4 groups at least so I would ask your friends if there is any common squads that they think sound fun to play with.

Also introduce them to this site if you can. There is a lot of good resources here and they might find an army or unit that they want to play with.
Good luck with trying to get more scape, if your patient and persistent you will find some.
Old September 25th, 2016, 06:10 AM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

Very nooby question: But do I really need 3 or 4 of a common squad? Currently the only common squads I have game in the Swarm of the Marro master set and having two of each seems to be fine to me.

Would I be so bad if I only got 2 of each common squad to begin with?

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old September 25th, 2016, 08:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The reason people enjoy having more commons of the same kind is you play longer without having handicapped turns. If one of your unique squad die you get one less attack each turn.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 25th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Play how you want! One or two of each is how I started my own collection. Using common squads, though, is a different experience from playing with unique squads. Only one or two doesn't really deliver that feel.

In time, whenever it's right for you, get those third squads. That's all. You're doing great, whatever you choose.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 25th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Very nooby question: But do I really need 3 or 4 of a common squad? Currently the only common squads I have game in the Swarm of the Marro master set and having two of each seems to be fine to me.

No, you absolutely don't for 99.999 percent of the squads out there. However, I will warn you that some of the figures, as others have stated, really break down with less than 4 squads (Marro Drones, Zombies, Goblin Cutters, and a small handful of others) so I would just make sure that you invest in the right squads. Even if you were to ever run into a tournament environment, you'd still be 100 percent fine (not that that's what your looking for, but I'm just reiterating that your buying method is perfectly valid).

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old September 26th, 2016, 04:24 AM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

It depends on what your goals are I guess. Personally I wish I had bought more copies of common squads when they were available to me, as when I finally bought 4 squads of redcoats I could tell they had an advantage over the squads I only had 1 or 2 of. That said my mistake basically boiled down to being a youngster who didn't have a good source of income or knowledge about choosing multiples of the same squad over a bunch of different ones. When I got older my spending habits focused into getting more copies of things rather then getting one copy of each thing.

my advice is that if you want to play a certain common squad try to get as many as you can, you never know how long that particular group will be available at a decent price. But don't worry about getting common squads in the first place if money is tight. Unique heroes/squads are designed around only having one copy and will give a lot of value for your purchase.
Old September 28th, 2016, 05:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I have found that you can generally find Wave 1 units quite a bit cheaper than most other waves due to the fact that they got a reprinting. I really enjoy the orcs, romans, omnicron snipers and the venoc vipers. They are all very fun units.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 11th, 2017, 07:08 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

Heroes of Barrnespur was my first thing other than RotV. Krug and Me-Burq-Sa are both fun to play.

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units