Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old June 15th, 2011, 01:22 PM

variDice is surprisingly tart
HS-Cards - a card making application for Heroscape

I have just finished another application. This one is for OS X (10.5 or higher required). It is a simple card making application for Heroscape, and, so far, it seems to work perfectly. The only issue I currently know of is that it cannot save and open files yet. I will upload screenshots in about an hour.

The nice thing about this application is that users do not need to have an image editor, and the most inexperienced user can make an entire card in minutes. Unfortunately, it is 41.1 megabytes.

I have included a complete user guide in the folder.

Here is the link to the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?cctm6mll573bzvg

One other important note: If you want to print it, you have to go into the page setup menu, and set the scale to 68%. If you don't, it will print at an absolutely massive size.

Card Packs

Card pack 1 (33.64 megabytes)

Spoiler Alert!

Brogar Card Pack (12.46 megabytes)

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by variDice; June 30th, 2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added a card pack
Old June 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: HS-Cards - a card making application for Heroscape

This sounds like exactly what I need. Heading to download it now...
Old June 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

That purple card looks awesome!

Anyways, would you mind adding the general logos into each card?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Downloaded.

First problem: I don't seem to be able to "save as image". Any idea what's going wrong?
Old June 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
That purple card looks awesome!

Anyways, would you mind adding the general logos into each card?
What do you mean by that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Downloaded.

First problem: I don't seem to be able to "save as image". Any idea what's going wrong?
It works for me. How exactly are you trying to do it?
Old June 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by variDice View Post
Quote:
Downloaded.

It works for me. How exactly are you trying to do it?
I clicked "Save as Image" from the menu.

However, I've just discovered another problem. I also saved it not as an image and I can't seem to re-open that file. I'm sure it's my computer incompetence: don't assume I'm not doing something stupid!
Old June 15th, 2011, 05:22 PM

I have already said that it cannot open files yet. I have not discovered the problem, but all I can load is a blank string.

As for the image saving, I did the same thing and it worked, so I am really confused.
Old June 15th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
I have already said that it cannot open files yet. I have not discovered the problem, but all I can load is a blank string.
I was too excited to get started to read your post carefully (I did read the instructions though!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by variDice
As for the image saving, I did the same thing and it worked, so I am really confused.
I shall try again and report back.

Edit. Hmmm. It worked that time. I don't think I did anything different from the first couple of times I tried and failed. Weird.

Thanks for the help.
Old June 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Is a Quadradical

So here's "my" first card:

I haven't ventured into the figures side of things yet, but all the text stuff was remarkably clean. Seems to be a great program!

Minor questions: Is there a way to get the size number big like on the actual cards? What's the official font (or closest to it)? This one seems to be wider and so use more space. How serious are you about offering the figure/art/stuff and what exactly do you need as input (using Iron Man, say)? What else can I do that I don't know about to improve the card?
Old June 15th, 2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Minor questions: Is there a way to get the size number big like on the actual cards? What's the official font (or closest to it)? This one seems to be wider and so use more space.
This should be the same font. I do not see how it is any wider, but I can look into it.

Quote:
How serious are you about offering the figure/art/stuff and what exactly do you need as input (using Iron Man, say)?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but if you, for instance, wanted an official looking Iron Man card, I would be happy to get a picture of Iron man and remove the background for you. If you have a card template, I would be happy to modify it so it works in this card maker. I will only do this in my spare time, but I have lots of it.

Infact, that card pack I released took me about 20 minutes. I resized all of the images, made some parts transparent, and I even sharpened them up. If you want me to make something, you can expect it do be back to you within an hour.

By the way, if the application does not make your card properly, you can go ahead and send me a private message with the figure's stats, the images, ect. so I can make it properly.

Quote:
What else can I do that I don't know about to improve the card?
I really do not know what you mean here. As far as I know, what you did is just right (with the exception of the missing images ).

By the way, I saw that things are not aligned very well. Is it like that in the application, or did my "Save as Image" button do that?
Old June 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Is a Quadradical

[Thunderstorm here, and therefore flickering internet connection; I'll post separately point-by-point to reduce the odds of losing everything (for a third time).]

Quote:
Quote:
Minor questions: Is there a way to get the size number big like on the actual cards? What's the official font (or closest to it)? This one seems to be wider and so use more space.
This should be the same font. I do not see how it is any wider, but I can look into it.
Here's the official Iron Man, whose powers seem to take less space.

Maybe it's depth rather than width? Or an optical illusion? Or, easiest explanation, font size?
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM

I agree now. The font size is much bigger in my application, and the font they are using seams to be slightly thinner as you said. Another thing I saw almost immediately is that the Marvel card's ability section seems to be slightly wider. I will experiment on this and see what I can do.

EDIT: After looking at the images side by side, I have discovered a few things.

1. The marvel card has almost 25% more space for text, due to clever image manipulation by Hasbro.

2. The font used on the marvel card is actually not quite as wide as the one used on other Heroscape cards, but that is mostly because the font size is actually smaller than it is on other official cards.

3. In my app, it uses Helvetica at a size of 13. It should be Helvetica Neue at a size of 9.

After looking at that, I compared the changes I made to an official, non-marvel card, and found that it was correct. Thanks for sharing that, ollie.

EDIT 2: I have just tried to change the default size and font in my application, but it does not work properly. For now, you will have to set it manually. I plan to have an update done tomorrow, and that will be one of the fixes.

Last edited by variDice; June 15th, 2011 at 07:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software