Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old February 9th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Peoria NHSD 2013: Pod Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
I'm down for anything, but if I had a choice it'd be D_S multiplayer format.
I've always thought that sounded really fun, although it might be a little harder to manage...
How does that format work?
Old February 9th, 2014, 05:21 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
I'm down for anything, but if I had a choice it'd be D_S multiplayer format.
I've always thought that sounded really fun, although it might be a little harder to manage...
How does that format work?
Points killed, with something extra for winning. We've played it before, but not in a series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad-Scaper
Multiplayer FFA scoring as follows: Track the partial card scoring damage you do. At the end of the game, or when time is called, the players are ranked in order of damage done. At a 4 player table points for placing are 4, 2, 1, 0; at a 3 player table it's 4, 2, 0. At the end of the 4-round event add up all your placing scores and that's your tournament score. In the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done comes out ahead.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 9th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

That could be a fun format. I was considering it for the next Classic League, actually, but I think it would be good here too. There are a lot of 3 and 4 player maps out there. I would probably need some help providing maps though, and those maps would need to be chosen ~a week before the event (just because we would need maps that fit the number of players coming).

As for difficulty of managing, if everyone came with a sheet of paper with the per wound points for all of their figures, it would be fine. We would have to decide if we went the simple but often weird way that DS does it (ie: each wound on Cyprien is 25 points, even if he gets 20 lives because of life drain), or the more complicated rules that add more math into the mix (ie: the amount of points per wound Cyprien is worth is determined by 150/[6+number of wounds life drained]).
Old February 9th, 2014, 11:03 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
That could be a fun format. I was considering it for the next Classic League, actually, but I think it would be good here too. There are a lot of 3 and 4 player maps out there. I would probably need some help providing maps though, and those maps would need to be chosen ~a week before the event (just because we would need maps that fit the number of players coming).

As for difficulty of managing, if everyone came with a sheet of paper with the per wound points for all of their figures, it would be fine. We would have to decide if we went the simple but often weird way that DS does it (ie: each wound on Cyprien is 25 points, even if he gets 20 lives because of life drain), or the more complicated rules that add more math into the mix (ie: the amount of points per wound Cyprien is worth is determined by 150/[6+number of wounds life drained]).
The simple way is good enough, even if it means I can't play Cyprien.

Yup, people would definitely need to bring maps, and possibly come early to set them up, as they'd be harder to transport... If we could get one extra 3 and 4 player map we would be able to deal with last minute dropouts/attendees with minor difficulties.

Old February 10th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post

The simple way is good enough, even if it means I can't play Cyprien.

Yup, people would definitely need to bring maps, and possibly come early to set them up, as they'd be harder to transport... If we could get one extra 3 and 4 player map we would be able to deal with last minute dropouts/attendees with minor difficulties.
If we do that format, I think it would be cool if the final was still a 1v1.\
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:11 AM

Well, March is here.

Old March 15th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Sorry, I have not been active enough on the forums. I will probably go into JFF and talk to them about dates sometime soon, but the event will have to be in mid to late April. Will that still work?
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I sadly cannot make it on the weekends of the 19th or 26th (Easter and exams, respectively), and after that I'm going home to Jersey, so I probably won't be able to make this one.
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:12 PM

I think I may have something on the 26th, anything before or after that should be fine.

Old March 17th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

April weekends are not good for me - but don't move it on my account. You guys might have to wait until October to beat up on me again.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I don't know if Vegie is still interested in hosting something in the upcoming months, but maybe just a casual day some weekend would work better? We could do some HOSS/VC. Maybe some team games or funky formats......

Last edited by kevindola; April 16th, 2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old April 16th, 2014, 04:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not sure when Unseen and I will be available right now. The only way we could go is if Unseen and I have a bye week or one of the latest game, and the full schedule isn't up yet.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day