View Poll Results: App Display Choices
iPhone style display 56 43.41%
Futuristic Display 13 10.08%
Medieval Display 52 40.31%
Other (put what you want) 8 6.20%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape App

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
How about the Heroscape logo?
Copyright...
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Speaking of copyright, is the idea of SELLING an app that has heroscape rules, images, gameplay legal? Sorry for reopening up a can of worms that never got sifted through fully. As far as I am aware, VirtuualScape was the only "heroscape" software that was for sale at any time and I am not sure if they ever got slack from hasbro for it but would hate to see this app be released only to have HiTech get legal ramifications from it and it be taken down. Although, truth has the potential to make money from this site's advertisers and there are thousands of copyright violations in the gallery on this site, so I dunno...
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:35 PM

HiTech126 is surprisingly tart

I could be wrong, but what I think is that they would be fine with the selling of this app because all it could do is promote the buying of Heroscape. Now if I was creating an online version of the Heroscape game they might have some problems because that would discourage people from buying the game because they could play it online and save money by not buying it.

If your iDevice is jailbroken and your interested in my heroscape app, PM me.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:02 PM

AgentCarr has disabled reputation

I would love it if heroscape dice could be rolled in a chat room and displayed to both parties so I could play a match online with somebody when mrs. agentcarr is at work and all of my friends are busy. I agree with others that I wouldn't want the game to shift solely online, but I wish those purists would understand my dilemma when I'm actually off work but can not get a game in solely for lack of another player.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCarr View Post
I would love it if heroscape dice could be rolled in a chat room and displayed to both parties so I could play a match online with somebody when mrs. agentcarr is at work and all of my friends are busy. I agree with others that I wouldn't want the game to shift solely online, but I wish those purists would understand my dilemma when I'm actually off work but can not get a game in solely for lack of another player.
The problem with an online version of scape is that then no one would buy the figures. Why buy figures when you have a computer game that has all the same figures? The game would naturally shift to all online.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Speaking of copyright, is the idea of SELLING an app that has heroscape rules, images, gameplay legal?
Well, if it is a free app, I couldn't see a problem. However if there was a price on it, then I could see how that could be a problem.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:33 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Speaking of copyright, is the idea of SELLING an app that has heroscape rules, images, gameplay legal?
Well, if it is a free app, I couldn't see a problem. However if there was a price on it, then I could see how that could be a problem.
Just make sure you put the legal copyright info for Heroscape in you app.
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM

Huge Update!

I have both good news and bad news.
The bad news is that my Hackintosh computer is no longer working. This means that I cannot publish it to the app store.

The good news is that the app is in Beta stage. It is packaged and working, but a bit slow. Unfortunately you can only use it if your iDevice is Jailbroken.
Since jailbreaking is now officially legal I would recommend anyone who is not Jailbroken should be. If you need help I have done it many times.

Anyways back to the app. The app is in Beta Phase, a bit slow and has a few issues. Once you have the app, drag it into the apps section of iTunes and sync. I will have a video showing it off soon.

If you would like to try the app out, PM me. I will give you the download link. Please let me know about any problems or features you would like added here.

Old August 14th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not sure what the process involves, so I'm not sure if this would be viable. Could you put the app in Cydia? That would make it even easier to get.

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:37 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome! Makes me want an iPhone even more! +rep!

EDIT: Sucks.... oh well. Make the best out of it!
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:32 PM

I might could put it in Cydia. It's simple to install.

Heres the tutorial video

Last edited by HiTech126; August 15th, 2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Added video
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM

Tutorial video now up^^
(sorry for the double post)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software