Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 19th, 2024, 08:41 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shadowking's Customs v.2 - 02/18/24 Bike Ninja!

Wow, that is a great 'Scape sculpt! My only concern with the unit is that it doesn't feel like a Valkrill piece to me, for different reasons than what Myriadite mentioned; it's not so much the color palette that bothers me (the Death Knights, the Acolytes, and Motley Max all make red and black work for Valkrill, for example), but the facts that Yaseiha looks like an ordinary human being and lacks the blatantly evil, brutal, or destructive themes that I personally associate with Valkrill across her power set and ostensible "efficient hit-and-run" playstyle. This isn't a major issue, though, because the existing Ninjas all just kind of do "Ninja stuff" without regard for their generals' particular themes, and—most importantly—because the design looks fun and rather well-made. I especially appreciate the reuse of Rolling Movement!
Old February 20th, 2024, 10:23 AM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Wow, that is a great 'Scape sculpt! My only concern with the unit is that it doesn't feel like a Valkrill piece to me, for different reasons than what Myriadite mentioned; it's not so much the color palette that bothers me (the Death Knights, the Acolytes, and Motley Max all make red and black work for Valkrill, for example), but the facts that Yaseiha looks like an ordinary human being and lacks the blatantly evil, brutal, or destructive themes that I personally associate with Valkrill across her power set and ostensible "efficient hit-and-run" playstyle. This isn't a major issue, though, because the existing Ninjas all just kind of do "Ninja stuff" without regard for their generals' particular themes, and—most importantly—because the design looks fun and rather well-made. I especially appreciate the reuse of Rolling Movement!
Mhm, yeah, I had envisioned her coming from the same sort of future Earth setting as Isamu, Agent Carr and Motley Max (come to think of it, not sure if those three are actually supposed to entirely line up timeline-wise). Certainly I think the figure and theme fits a Mad Max-esque wasteland biker ninja, and that in turn seems to fit Valkrill. That said, I am 100% not against putting her into Utgar if that seems better overall!
Old February 27th, 2024, 08:25 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice, Heroscape needs more motorcycles! Not a fan of the Rolling Movement power, even when I saw it come out of AoA, but c'est la vie. Also, count me as another vote for Utgar - she's so RED.
Old February 28th, 2024, 03:42 PM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Nice, Heroscape needs more motorcycles! Not a fan of the Rolling Movement power, even when I saw it come out of AoA, but c'est la vie. Also, count me as another vote for Utgar - she's so RED.
Mhm, I think Rolling Movement actually changes the design's power or play almost zero (at least on tournament-style maps) but it feels very weird to me to be introducing it into the "canon" with AoA and then not using it for a bike unit. Here she is with an Utgar card (have been testing a bit more but no further changes yet); it does look a lot more natural with the figure, certainly, and other Wild heroes are also Utgar so that part shouldn't be an issue.

Old March 1st, 2024, 11:36 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I have written a few times about how much I loved the old days of Heroscape customs, back when people would share concepts that were just wild. The best of those designs were crafted with care, strongly thematic, and wildly original. @Sherman Davies remembers what I'm talking about.

This is such a design. Thank you for sharing it. Also thank you for shooting me a PM, because otherwise I wouldn't have looked.

What's the weapon being used in Parting Shot? The knife? You could play with the rare Range 3 if it's a small thrown knife like that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 1st, 2024, 12:24 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Count me a fan of the rolling movement! Again, I really like how all of the powers work together.
Old March 1st, 2024, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I have written a few times about how much I loved the old days of Heroscape customs, back when people would share concepts that were just wild. The best of those designs were crafted with care, strongly thematic, and wildly original. @Sherman Davies remembers what I'm talking about.

This is such a design. Thank you for sharing it. Also thank you for shooting me a PM, because otherwise I wouldn't have looked.

What's the weapon being used in Parting Shot? The knife? You could play with the rare Range 3 if it's a small thrown knife like that.
It's not very clear in any of the images online, but in her other hand she's holding a little throwing knife (attached is the best one I can find that shows it, I do have her figure but just didn't want to leave my desk to grab it and photograph it, haha). So my logic was that the regular attack was her big knife/sai, and the Parting Shot was the little knife being thrown as she rode back out of the fight.

Old March 1st, 2024, 11:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Works for me. Thank you for sharing the design.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 28th, 2024, 09:40 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What's the current iteration of this bike ninja? I'm not seeing the card anywhere (perhaps due to server migration?)
Old March 29th, 2024, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
What's the current iteration of this bike ninja? I'm not seeing the card anywhere (perhaps due to server migration?)

This is her current card, hopefully it works?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards