Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Colorado NHSD Rocky Mountain Rumble 2010

Rocky Mountain Rumble 2010

Date: Saturday, October 16th

Time: 10 AM to 5 PM (cleanup time)

Format: 600 point, 24 hex armies, Marvel allowed. Rolling Rumble scheduling. Please bring your own dice, wound markers, and order markers, if possible.

Entry fee: none

Maps: All maps will be designated as Kill 'em All maps
______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Maps I nominate:
Vesuvian 2.0 by Dok
Astrid (Attack+1) & Gerda (Defense+1)
Provided by Chief

Hard Eight by Dok
Brooch of Shielding -permanent treasure glyph- (Never receives leaving engagement attacks.) & Cloak of Invisibility -temporary treasure glyph-
(This figure may use this cloak at any point during its turn. This figure has no visible Hit Zones until the end of the current round or until it attacks with a normal or special attack, whichever comes first. This figure will never take any leaving engagement attacks while invisible.)

Blackroot by Mad_Wookie
Glyphs = 2 undecided treasure glyphs
Provided by chief

Quasatch Playground by Mad_Wookie
Wannok (Wound) & Lodin (Lucky 20 sider)

Runners Choice by Chief
Heroic Rune (Treasure Attack+1) & Talisman of Defense (Treasure Defense+1)
Provided by Chief

A stones throw
Glyphs = None

Jagged Causeway
Glyphs = two undecided regular glyphs.

Violation
Treasure Glyphs = Teleportation and Elixir of Speed
Regular Glyphs = Unique Attack +1 Common Attack +1

Latest attendee list:
  1. dok
  2. lafleurhero
  3. lafleurhero's friend
  4. lafleurhero's friend
  5. lafleurhero's friend
  6. chief
  7. PHippo
  8. kpucblek
  9. Daniel
  10. Dylan
  11. Dylan's Dad (maybe)
  12. Revloscaper
  13. Elginb (+Troy? +Nacho?)
  14. Eric (probably)
  15. Generalrolando
  16. Seth A
  17. Stryker
  18. Cyberclaw16
  19. Vivaldi (maybe)
  20. Geryon (probably)

Last edited by chief; October 6th, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re: Rock Mountain Rumble 2010

I like NHSD being just Kill 'em all.

I'm okay with all the maps suggested, except for Turret Rocks-- I think some of the figures might have a tough time getting up to that plateau, which is a key strategic position on that board.

Also, I think we have the room until the Library closes at 5:00-- let me double check that, though...
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM

From the other thread:

Quote:
Well, I reserved space for Saturday, October 16th at the Boulder Public Library from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. So, we have a reservation for NHSD, whenever we decide to start planning for that...
Looks like we have it longer than I thought, though I'd like to be cleaning up by 5:30 at the latest, if not 5 or 5:15. The library doesn't like stragglers...
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Im fine with all that.
Old August 7th, 2010, 02:13 PM

Re: Colorado NHSD Rock Mountain Rumble 2010

I plan on attending, I can bring Black Root, Runners Choice, and Natural Heights.
Old August 8th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With Dok as the reighning 2010 champion now, I have decided without a doubt that I will be attending NHSD in Boulder. Of course I will also build maps... Now I have something to prove. I wanna see if my win was just luck or if I can really beat him again. It was a close one and I think I played well but I did get a lucky mindshackle and other stuff early on.

Just a thought? How would people feel about adjusting the point cost of A+ units? either by 25% making rats 50, Raelin1 100, and Q9 225, or just by 10 points each? rats 50, Raelin1 90, and Q9 190. Or if not in this one then in a future event?

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; August 8th, 2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:22 AM

I feel like that is something that is doable. BUT for NHSD, I dont like it ... thats just me though
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM

Runners choice needed a revision, im working on it, and will see what you guys think.
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Just a thought? How would people feel about adjusting the point cost of A+ units? either by 25% making rats 50, Raelin1 100, and Q9 225, or just by 10 points each? rats 50, Raelin1 90, and Q9 190. Or if not in this one then in a future event?
I definitely think NHSD should be our purest tournament, so I'd rather not adjust point costs for that one. In other tournaments, I'm potentially open to it, but I'd rather adjust formats before points totals-- I think in other formats, different units shine.

As for maps, I'm happy to build whatever maps don't get claimed.
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:00 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I agree - keep it simple for NHSD.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I'm working out a shared drafting pool format that really takes the air out of the elite builds. (What's the point of bringing Q9 when your opponent can draft it away from you?) When I've tweaked it to my satisfaction, I'll present it as an option for another, non-NHSD event.
Old August 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not a big deal also, but 520 has been done many times over. I wonder if we could go for a different medium-high number? Maybe 550 or 560? Or randomize it again. I don't mind too much and 520 is better than 500.
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:50 PM

I could certainly be convinced otherwise, but I like the idea of keeping the points values fairly steady from one NHSD event to the next. That way we can better compare how we're playing from year-to-year. And 520 is about an average army size for NHSD events across the country, so it would be good for comparing ourselves to other non-local players.

That being said, I'm happy to drop the HOB stuff we used last year, so there won't be an exact point of comparison between the events (we'll also have 3 more hours to play). So, I guess if we're going to change the point value, now's as good a time as any.

My request would just be that we think in terms of creating a standard format that we'd use for every NHSD in the future.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day