Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 17th, 2010, 12:13 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hexes in Texas 2010: A National Heroscape Day event - 10

Speaking of the night before, are you guys planning on playing? If so, where? I should be in town for the Texas State Fair, as I mentioned, so it would be great to get some more games in. I could also bring Castle Ravenloft, if no one else has it.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:11 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd come to depending on the day.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:46 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Speaking of the night before, are you guys planning on playing? If so, where? I should be in town for the Texas State Fair, as I mentioned, so it would be great to get some more games in. I could also bring Castle Ravenloft, if no one else has it.
There are plans in the works to throw down some gaming at my place the night before. You are welcome to join us if you'd like (as is your Hetero-Lifemate, Guns Mahoney).

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 17th, 2010, 05:52 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

No more practice games before the actual event where DR.L figures out the perfect strategy for his army! We will no longer be the guinea pig for his plans of world domination! Actually....If we do come early we would LOVE to play some the night before

Nothing is more fun than having great games the night before against a good player then showing up the next day and have everyone from the 10th to SoTM Raelin(no joke) decimate your army.....

Oh wait, I must be the only guy that averages about 6 whiffs a game....

Dustin

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast

Last edited by vertigosmooth; September 17th, 2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: flashback....SoTM Raelin whirlwinds in my start zone..one skull..ok, no biggie...Whiff, WHiff, WHiff, WHAT!!!!!!!
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Some thoughts:

0) Dr. Livingston is correct about Cross Trails 3.0. That thing is a head-scratcher. It was painful for me to type “Dr. Livingston is correct.”

1) After NHSD 2010, Competitive Heroscape will change(evolve?) as much as it did with the advent of Deathreavers. Hard-hitting, survivable heroes and treasure glyphs will alter gameplay significantly. The collective knowledge gained through this nationwide NHSD and, previously, GENCON 2010 will create more variance in the armies seen at a typical Tournament. Heroscapers.com is going to be VERY active after the results from across the country are posted, as people look for recurring themes of success.

2) Those with older collections/limited budgets will still be o.k., as just a few new cheerleaders or bonding units will bring new life to units formerly relegated to the B- range. For instance, will Wolves of Badru with the Werewolf Lord get an upgrade such as the Minions and Knights have with the releases of Atlaga and Sir Gilbert? (Doubtul, but we don’t really know yet, do we?) Furthermore, some units that didn’t get a lot of love in the past may be the right answer against the new stuff. Einar Imperium x 2 + Marcus or Atlaga does a pretty good job against the Lizards and their dragons. I don’t have any of the D1/D2 stuff, yet I expect to be just fine this October, even without my Minions . Rym, I swear, no Minions.

3) Fen Hydra or Firestorm? Lawnmower or Greenroller? Phantom Knights or Dwarves? (Don’t ask Sweetcurse about Dwarves!) You get the idea. These two waves APPEAR to have more competitive units than we saw in 7, 8, or 9, while increasing the flavor of the game. While some have adamantly opposed or grudgingly accepted the advent of D&D, none can question that the metagame has evolved as a result of these well-designed units. Kudos, again, to the design team.

4) In our next drafting tournament, each competitor should bring one temporary and one permanent treasure glyph to be drafted along with his/her army. Presumably any army reaching the fields of Valhalla has had some luck and success along the way. They should bring the spoils of war with them.

I’m rambling a little, but I love that this game still has my interest SIX YEARS after receiving my first ROTV (sparkly water) Master Set for Christmas. I’m 39, and this game makes me feel like a goofy little kid. I grin when I win and sulk when I lose. Too funny. And all because of little army fantasy men with special powers that magically appear when an “order marker” is turned down. Unbelievable.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!

Last edited by AnubianWolf88; September 19th, 2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: silly mistake...
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:11 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Speaking of the Cross Trails map, I played 3 games on it the other night and I must say I am not a fan, haha. The map gets clogged up very easily and I believe range to have a big advantage on it. Melee lovers beware!

Dustin

Old September 19th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played on it twice last Thursday.

The first game we played with 3 treasure glyphs and pretty much ignored the edges.

Rÿchean switched out the edge treasure glyphs for permanent glyphs.

And on that second game the edges saw a lot more action. The roads (and there's a lot) moved action back and forth from one start zone to the other.

The game seemed to be a constant struggle to get reinforcements up on road to reinforce/capture the hills of height around the middle.

Our second game saw a Warforged army beat back an army with 5 squads of Stingers(!), so the range wins aspect wasn't something we experienced.

Of course we didn't have any rats...

I think Rÿchean may fiddle with the glyphs some more.

I liked the map.

The one I'm having a hard time with right now is:

Cursed Fountains
** Marvel concrete plays like roads **

I've been smacked around the last two games I've played on it. Getting that mountain in the middle and holding it is something I'm having a lot of trouble doing...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:22 PM

That's crazy how different peoples experiences can be on the same maps. Me and John found all the action happened on the hill on the northern end of the map(all our games ended up there) and just one or two figures on the skinny little road could totally slow the map down to a crawl. We are playing again this Tuesday so we can tryout some of the other maps. Either way we are all looking forward to this NHSD and it will be a good time.

Dustin

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:52 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We've been trying out Lateral and it is fun so far, the action seems to clog here and there occasionally but it can clear and spread if you want it to. It's a fun map.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:56 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll be bringing something for the prize table this year, and I'm curious what it is you guys would like to win. I set up a separate thread for discussing the options, so let me know!

(@Rÿchean: PM sent asking about other sponsoring possibilities.)

Old September 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

OK...I had to make some changes.

1.) Recessed Atrium needed something to take the focus away from the edges so I added Static Wound glyph to middle in place of one treasure glyph.

2.) Cross Trails needed power glyphs to make edges playable.

3.) Teleport glyph proved to be too highly situational to ever get used...ever. So I put Potion of Healing in Treasure glyph pool.

4.) added last 2 maps

--

Trailblazer

Treeline

Recessed Atrium

Cursed Fountains
** Marvel concrete plays like roads **

Cross Trails v3.0

Quasatch Playground

Suno Land - Swamp
* light snow, normal ice *

Lateral

Power Glyphs/Treasure Glyphs:

Random Treasure Glyph pool:

Heroic Rune (+1 attack)
Brooch of Shielding (disengage)
Elixir of Speed (temp)
Cloak of Invisibility (temp)
Potion of Healing (temp)

Treasure Glyph Traps:
• If you roll a 1–5, you set off the trap. Leave the Treasure Glyph symbol-side
up, roll a battle die - a skull results in unblockable wound on attempting Hero.
• If you roll a 6 or higher, you did not set off the trap, and the figure that
landed on the Treasure Glyph now picks up the Treasure Glyph.

Random Power Glyph pool:

Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Glyph of Kelda (Healer)
Glyph of Lodin (+1 D20)

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; September 20th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old September 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

double post

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day