Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 18th, 2009, 12:06 AM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
Peoria NHSD B-list Tournament 2009 Results and Reports

This year's NHSD in Peoria, Illinois was entitled "The B-list Tournament." No figures ranked higher than B+ in the Power Rankings were allowed in the tournament. For more details on the event itself, go HERE.

Note: Throughout the tournament, only one player ever played on the same map more than once.

SUMMARY
We had 16 attendees playing 15 armies.

Sportsmanship: jetjake
Most Creative Army: Jooky (Samurai and Ashigaru Army)

FINAL RESULTS
(Record in parentheses is for the 4 Swiss Rounds only.)
1st: Vydar (4-0)
2nd: kevindola (3-1)
3rd: John (3-1)
4th: Samuel (3-1) (ElderberryNSprouts family)
5th: jdtenor (3-1)
6th: KingKreigh (2-2)
7th: Jooky (2-2)
8th: Jooky Junior (2-2)
9th: ProtoFury (2-2)
10th: briaka (2-2)
11th: jetjake (1.5-2.5)
12th: Toby (1-3) (ElderberryNSprouts family)
13th: Peter & "Dad Elderberry" (1-3)
14th: briaka Junior (1-3)
15th: Dennis (0.5-3.5)

Semi-Finals
kevindola beat John on Broken Skyline
Vydar beat Samuel on Ticalla Sunrise

3rd Place
John beat Samuel on Flash Fire

Championship
Vydar beat kevindola on Fire Isles

Here's a picture of the attendees with their prizes at the end:

Left to right: ProtoFury, Dennis, KingKreigh, Vydar, John
Right side adults: jetjake, kevindola, Jooky, ElderberryNSprouts, jdtenor
Right side younglings: Samuel, Jooky Junior (Chris), Toby (behind), Peter (in front)
(Note: briaka & son (Jonathan) had already left, but their map still made the picture.)

Last edited by Vydar; October 21st, 2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
Re: The B-list Tournament NHSD Results and Reports

Vydar's Battle Report

I was originally going to play Krug, Mimring, Arrow Gruts x3, and 2 Swog Riders, but, being the best of the B-list, the Orcs and Elves were very popular in our tournament. For variety's sake, I switched and went with my secondary army, which had a core of Vydar figures.

My Army
200 Microcorp Agents x2
100 Agent Carr
150 Drones
===

The tournament began with 4 Swiss rounds.

1st Round
Versus ProtoFury
Marrden Hounds x2, Krug, Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Rider x2

Map: Badru Valley

We used Protofury's dice, but they must have been angry with him. I went for height with the Microcorp while ProtoRury came out with his Hounds. The first half of the game, I seemed to roll 3-4 skulls on every attack with the Microcorp. Between that and ProtoFury's inability to roll more than 1 shield on on his defense rolls, the Hounds and Krug went down without doing much damage at all. The few straggling Gruts that remained claimed height on my starting zone, but were quickly run down by the Drones (aided by the +2 move glyph in the center of the map).

Record: 1-0

2nd Round
Versus Peter (ElderberryNSprouts family)
Taelord, Raelin (SotM), Kelda, Tagawa Samurai Archers

Map: Broken Skyline

Peter holed himself up in one corner of the map while I claimed the +2 move glyph and rushed my Microcorp to the top of the pillars. It took surprisingly long for me to take out Raelin (Kelda healed her once). Taelord valiantly, but unsuccessfully, attempted to claim height from the Microcorp. The game ended when the Microcorp finally chased Kelda down.

Record: 2-0

3rd Round
Versus John (3rd Place Finisher)
Charos, Arkmer, Warriors of Ashra, Aubrien Archer x2

Map: Highways and Dieways

Although this was one of my favorite maps at the Florida Frenzy two years ago, it was not a good map for the Microcorp. It was too flat for me to easily take advantage of height against the fast moving Aubriens among the trees. The Microcorp and Aubriens came out first, shooting between the trees. On the 2nd turn, I claimed a glyph, which turned out to be Wound. This only succeeded in getting my agent turned into a pincushion by the Aubriens raining arrows down on him from height. The Aubriens frenzied, but my saving throws were hot. One of my agents should have fallen 3-4 times, but the blessed armor of Vydar allowed him to continue the fight long after most mortals would have passed through the gates of Valhalla. Sensing that I couldn't gain height advantage on the Aubriens, I pushed forward to try to do some damage to Charos and the Warriors of Ashra before they left John's starting zone. Unfortunately, the round ended and the riled Charos roared forth to crush the remainder of the Microcorp. The Microcorp gave a valiant effort, doing reasonable damage to Charos and finishing off the Aubriens, but Charos hunted down and destroyed every last agent. At this point, my Drones came out and managed to surround Charos, but they took heavy losses from counterstrike before felling the beast. Now came a very poor matchup for my Drones. The remaining two Warriors a entered the fray. The Drones managed to claim the second glyph (also a wound glyph) and do one wound to Arkmer. I knew my Drones were lost and Agent Carr was my only hope, and his Sword of Reckoning made him particularly adept at slaying the Warriors. Carr closed quickly with Arkmer and then dispatched of the second to last Warrior. With the final Warrior holding standing on the Wound Glyph, which finished off the last of the Drones, it came down to Agent Carr with 1 wound against a single Warrior. Carr closed and failed to finish the battle. A new rounds started, John won initiative and the Warrior rolled 3 skulls! A whiff on Carr's defense and the battle would be lost! Fortunately, the dice were in my favor--2 shields followed by a final killing blow on the Warrior ended the game.

This was the only match where Agent Carr left my starting zone and I could not have won it without him. He was the only figures left standing and had 2 wounds on him in the end. This was by far my closest match of the day. An extra frenzy roll for John or a few less saves with the Microcorp armor and John could easily have been the victor.

Record: 3-0

Round 4
Versus kevindola (2nd Place Finisher)
Jotun, Krug, Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Rider

Map: Flash Fire

Once again, my Microcorp lead the charge, but I split them evenly between the two sides of the map. Kevin had split his order markers, advancing both Krug (on my left) and Jotun (on my right). I managed to claim height and started raining down fire on Krug. Krug closed with one of my Microcorp, which managed to survive the double attack. I won a key initiative that enabled me to finish Krug before he got another round at double attacking two of my Microcorp. Fortunately, Kevin had stacked most of his order markers on the Gruts, so he couldn't move Jotun. He used the tie up my agents, but the pitiful 1 defense couldn't hold against even my 2 attack at even height. I managed to maneuver the Microcorp to prevent Jotun from reaching the top of the hill. With my height advantage, it was only a matter of time before Jotun fell to repeated attacks from height by the agents.

Record: 4-0

Semi-Final
Versus Samuel (ElderberryNSprouts family) (4th Place Finisher)
Sgt. Drake (SotM), Deadeye Dan, Arkmer, Kyntella Gwyn, Ashigaru Harquebus, Marro Drudge, Fyorlag Spiders

Map: Ticalla Sunrise

I was impressed to see how far Samuel had come with his oddly mixed army. The Swamp Thing Map was advantageous to both his Drudge and my Microcorp. I claimed height with the Microcorp and managed to take out the Drudge, Deadeye Dan, and the Ashigaru before Drake joined the fray. Unable to target Drake, an agent or two fell before I could muster the Drones. Drake fought valiantly, but severely outnumbered 9 to 1, the Drones finally felled him. They continued across the field to attempt to swarm Arkmer, who handily dispatched of them with his engagement strike and magical abilities. It was time to return my attention to the Microcorp, who managed to finish off the rest of the army.

Record: 5-0

Championship
Versus kevindola (2nd Place Finisher) (again)
Jotun, Krug, Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Rider

Map: Fire Isles

Jotun was looking for revenge this time. He came out and quickly gained height on the left hill while my Microcorp climbed the right hill. Deciding that Jotun would be too difficult to damage at even height, the agents turned their fire on Krug, whose shoulder was sticking out from behind the ruin. Jotun managed to cross the map and begin mauling some of my figures in the starting zone. After evacuating the agents from the "hot rocks," I loaded my Drones with order markers in an attempt to swarm Jotun if I could roll high enough to mobilize 6 or 9 of them. Unfortunately, I rolled 12 twice...one shy of moving 6 Drones. Jotun destroyed quite a few drones, but was gradually running out of hit points. With Drones pinning Jotun down, I switched back to the Microcorp to gain height and finish him off. Krug backed away to the far corner of the map to avoid stray bullets while the Gruts came out and grabbed an Intercept Order glyph, knocking out my 3rd order marker on the Microcorp. I managed to whittle them down slowly, but not before losing all but 2 of the agents to Gruts and the Swog. Alone and severely damaged from the start of the game, Krug didn't stand much chance trying to close with the Microcorp at height.

Record: 6-0

Pictures from the final battle

Jotun charging across the field heedless of Microcorp bullets.

The claw! The claw has chosen!

Last edited by Vydar; October 20th, 2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:33 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Re: Peoria NHSD B-list Tournament 2009 Results and Reports

My trip started with the 3 hour drive to Peoria, IL. to participate in the "Peoria NHSD B-list Tournament
My B-list army was
2x Arrow Gruts, Mimring, Nikita Agents & Syvaris.
My goal was to use the Gruts like Deathreavers and use Minring fire line without putting him in harms way. and clean up with Nikitas/Syvaris

My 1st match was against jetjake who had Sgt Drake 2.0, 3x Mohican River Tribe, Brave Arrow & Otonashi.
I eliminated the Tribe with no issue. My mistake was not keeping safe distance and flaming Drake with Mimring and he took some hard hits from Drake that killed him. And that point of the game I realized unless I killed Drake. I couldn't win so. I sacrificed my Nikitas to get him. And it worked I was able to put 5 wounds on Drake, with 1 life left. I placed Syvaris in a position so when Drake charged in I would have height. Drake attacked with 6 dice to my 3 dice and got 2 wounds on Syvaris. Now it was Syvaris turn to finish Drake with 4 attack dice 1st roll I whiffed second roll was a great one 3 skulls. jetjake rolled 3 shields. what are the odds. jetjake only other figure was Brave Arrow with 2 wounds. It was over after that, tough loss probably cost me a berth at the semi-finals. I'm happy I finished 5th . only top 4 went to semi-finals.

My 2st match was against DomoSamurai who had Sonlen, Emirron & 3xAubrien Archers.
DomoSamurai not taking care of Mimring when he had the chance cost him the game he was on a roll and doing great. A few flames later he was in trouble and all I did was clean up after that. It was also a shutout for DomoSamurai no points scored.

My 3rd match was against Jooky's son who had Warlord Viper, 1xArmoc Vipers, 1xVenom Vipers, Elite Onyx Vipers & 1xAubrien Archers.
Jooky's son Killed himself trying to get me off the initiative +8, while I gained higher ground. Hopefully he'll forgive me for tearing his army apart
it just never feels right to beat a young Heroscaper like that.

My 4th match was against Jooky who had 1x of each Ashigaru squad and all 3 unique Samurai squads.
It took me a while to tip the scale on this game fortunately when Minring went down enough damage was done for the Nikitas to finish the game, Jooky rolling was great but game 3 and 4 my dice were on fire.

Vydar, thanks for hosting you are a true class act and congratulations on winning . it was great meeting a bunch of y'all s, had a great time can't wait for next year. Also included some other pictures that I took. Sorry for the quality but it was a cheap last minute camera purchase. My regular cameras lens won't open. Looks like it's time for a new one.

Setup

Game in progress John vs Kevindola

Game in progress Photo Fury vs Toby

Game in progress Vydar vs John

Game in progress Kevindola vs jetjake

3rd place game in progress John vs Samuel

The Finals game in progress Kevindola vs Vydar

Last edited by jdtenor; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: DomoSamurai became a member
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:02 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Semifinal Matchup

#2 kevindola (3-1) Jotun, Krug, Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Rider vs. #3 John E (3-1) Charos, Arkmer, Warriors of Ashra, Aubrien Archer x2

Map: Broken Skyline

Both combatants come into this semifinal matchup with losses to the #1 seed Vydar. Let’s see who gets to advance to the championship match. The big Green Dragon team, or the big Giant and Ogre team.

Round 1:
All Aubriens all the time for John E including 1 frenzy. John moves 1 squad of his aubriens while kevindola does 1 advancement with Krug and the Arrow Gruts and 2 moves with Jotun. 2 Aubriens move up the castle on the northern end, while 1 takes the central area. 9 attacks of heightened Aubriens kill Krug. Jotun destroys Aubrien #1 on the central castle walls.

Summary: Krug was exposed and the archers made him pay, taking him down in the first round. Jotun also took a wound. Things look bleak for kevindola.

Round 2:

T1 Kevindola wins initiative and instead of going after the heightened castle Aubriens, he uses the road and takes Jotun right into John’s base. Throw and falling wounds to Arkmer (2 wounds) Jotun’s Wild Swing ¾ attack kills Arkmer, 2 Aubriens and 1 Warrior of Ashra.
T1 Aurbrien archers (now 3 left) are able to plink another couple of wounds on Jotun (4 total)
T2 Jotun moves and gets a heighted attack on Charos (7/9 attack on 2/5 defense) 5 wounds to the big green dragon.
T2 Aubriens on castle now can’t reach Jotun. They kill an arrow grut instead and the 3rd Aubrien hits Jotun for another wound (5 total)
T3 Jotun hits Charos for another 2D (7 total)
T3 Archers on castle stay put, and 3rd fails an attack on Jotun.

Summary: Jotun does major damage at John’s home base, wiping out Arkmer and 3 squaddies and doing 7D to Charos, but Jotun doesn’t have much left.

Round 3:
T1 John E wins initiative (big initiative) and Charos gets into the action, tired of being beat on. He goes 5/5 attack and ends Jotun. Poor Jotun, we hardly knew ye.
T1 Kevin loses a turn as OM #1 was on Jotun
T2 John E moves up some Warriors of Ashra
T2 Kevin loses a turn as OM #2 was on Jotun
T3 Warriors of Ashra move closer to center of the map.
T3 Swog and Arrow Gruts move in and fails some attacks on Aubriens

Summary: 5 Arrow Gruts and Swog Rider vs. 3 Aubriens, 2 Ashras, 2 Health Charos remaining.

Round 4: This round was kind of a haze to me, but John E with all Archer order markes Takes down the Swog Rider and 3 Arrow Gruts (leaving 2), but the Arrow Gruts manage to kill the remaining 3 archers. The 2 remaining arrow gruts have also made it to the central castle walls.

Summary: Well The Aubriens are all gone, they only hit frenzy once in the first round which helped take down Krug, some very lucky arrow grut shots and defensive whiffs helped kevindola get rid of the Aubriens. It should also be noted that Charos could not attack the 2 surviving arrow gruts while they are on the castle walls due to Charos’ height of 9 and the castle wall height of 10.

Round 5: John E wins intiative
T1 Warriors of Ashra move towards ladder
T1 Arrows fails attacks on warriors
T2 Warriors start up ladder
T2 Arrows fails attacks on warriors (these are attacks of 2, vs. defense of 3)
T3 Warriors fail two attacks on Arrow gruts (attacks of 3 vs. defense of 2)
T3 Arrows fails attacks on warriors

Summary: Not a very productive round, but the Warriors are now engaged with the arrow gruts.

Round 6: Kevindola wins intiaitive
T1 Arrow gruts kill both Warriors! 2 0/3 defensive rolls kill the remaining 2 Warriors.
T1 No turn for John E, OM #1 on Warriors
T2 Arrow gruts from atop the castle fail attacks on Charos
T2 No turn for John E, OM #2 on Warriors
T3 Miracles do come true. Arrow Gruts both go ½ and John E whiffs 2 defensive rolls 0/5 and 0/5 and The Arrow Gruts kill Charos.

Winner: Kevindola wins with 2 Arrow Gruts remaining.

As the winner in this game, I have to say that I can’t believe I won. I felt truly bad for John E who looked to have the game wrapped up at two different times. 1) After Krug goes down in Round 1 at the expense of only 1 Archer, and 2) When it was a handful of arrow gruts vs. 3 Aubriens, 2 Warriors of Ashra, and 2 Health Charos. Probably my biggest pull one out of my butt win ever.

- Kevindola

Last edited by kevindola; December 9th, 2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:40 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Army: Jotun, Krug, Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Rider

My first matchup was against KingKreigh

Map: Turret Rocks

Army:
2 x Protectors of Ullar
Sonlen
Arkmer
Kyntela Gwyn

He mobilized all his Protectors first and did some wounds to Krug, but Krug was able to reach some of them and kill some off. Along with some timely arrow grut hits, I was able to take down all the protectors while losing Krug in the process. While his protectors were tied up, I got the Swog Rider and arrow gruts into his base and killed Gwyn and around 3-4 wounds on Sonelen. However this left Sonlen and Arkmer vs. Jotun. When Jotun finally got down to the 2 remaining elf mages it took one crushing blow to kill Arkmer and though Sonlen tried to duck and range attack, he was finally caught. He took 2 wounds from a throw and a 5/9 attack from Jotun killed him. Jotun was the sole survivor with 5 life left.

2nd Matcup vs. JetJake (1-0)

Map: Road Rampage

Army:
Mohicans x 3
Brave Arrow
Otanoshi
Drake V2

Some posturing but Jotun got first strike against Drake and finished him off in two turns without retribution. Otanoshi fell next to a smashing Giant attack. The rest of the battle dragged out as Jotun retreated and arrow gruts and Krug and Swog entereted the battle to handle the indians. Victory with Jotun and Krug surviving.

3rd Matchup vs. Jooky (2-0)

Army:
Tagawa Samurai
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Kozuke Samurai
Izumi Samurai
Ashigaru Yari
Ashigaru Harquebus

Too many order markers and excellent rolling. Each round had the order markers split up and this allowed by Arrow Gruts + Swog to run around and pick off samurai. Jotun never entered the battle but the hit and run arrows and krug did enough damage. Krug was eventually defeated but not before taking some samurai with him. Jotun survived with a couple of arrow gruts.

4th Matchup vs. Vydar (3-0)

Army:
Microcorp x 2
Agent Carr
Marro Drones x 3

I get slaughtered. The Microcorp mobilize and do it quickly. Vydar splits them up and I don't have a very good way of handling them. I split up Jotun and Krug on first two OMs, and then go all Arrows/Krug for Round 2. But unfortunately Krug goes down on turn 1 of Round 2, and that leads to almost free reign to kill off Jotun for the remainder of Jotun. By the time Jotun gets a try he's already bloodied and has too many pesky Microcorp to deal with.

5th Matchup Semifinal Game vs. John E (3-1)

detailed above

6th Matchup Championship Game vs. Vydar (5-0)

Well I do better but not by too much. Again the microcorp mobilize and do so fast and split up. I put all my OMs on Jotun, but he takes some wounds to the Microcorp with their range. Jotun manages to take down a couple of Microcorp by the end of the first round. Then the critical initiative in the 2nd round. Had I won it, I would have retreated Jotun from Vydar's base where he had wound up and been able to reach 2 Microcorp. As Vydar had placed all OMs on Drones that round, this would have changed things up with the not fighting back Micros. As it was, Vydar won intiaitve and surrounded Jotun with Drones, and though they did some wounds, the most important thing was engaging him up. This led to a returned barrage from the Microcorp. Krug was too slow to be of any use, so I tried to send in the arrows and Swog, and though they killed a couple of the Microcorp, then couldn't handle them all, and Krug was a lost cause.

Last edited by kevindola; December 9th, 2020 at 03:34 PM. Reason: added map locations
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

briaka's battle report (and briaka Jr.)

Nakita Agents 120
Gorillantors x3 270
Izumi Samurai 60

I was going to go with Sonlen, Syvarris, Arkmer, & 2x Aubrien, but like Vydar said, there were a lot of elves so I went for variety as well.

Round 1
vs. Samuel (Sgt. Drake SotM, spiders, Ash Harq., Marro Drudge, Deadeye, Arkmer, Kyntela)

Broken Skyline

With Gorilla movement bonding, getting the height wasn't a big problem. Not being able to use it against Drake was! Sam won initiative and poised the Harq's on the mound to his right, came forward with Dan and got Drudge on the hill to the left. My 3 turns were Nakitas, Izumi, Nakitas. This map has two glyphs, which I took on my third turn with the apes. The first was Intercept order. He had already taken all his turns so that meant I intercepted his 'X'. Ooooo! The other glyph was ALSO intercept order. Who picked these glyphs! LOL I was kinda hoping for Wound, Unique Atk +1, Lodin, actually anything but Order! With height, the Drudge, Harq, Dan (who didn't get a shot off) and spiders fell pretty easily. It was Drake I was concerned about. And rightfully so. Hoping to get some counterstrike wounds against him, I got the Izumi close, but the dice were against me. Drake maybe suffered 1 hit, but single handedly took care of them. After gaining all that height, I had to bring the Nakitas back down to attack Drake. Alas to no avail. He was too strong with 6 atk and Sam was rolling well.

0-1

Round 2
vs. ProtoFury (2x Marrden Hounds, 2x Arrow Gruts, 2x Swog, Krug)

Fire Isles

Proto came charging with his hounds while I was getting height. I think he needs some new dice. They were not rolling well for him. The hounds kinda fell over and died from their own plague I think! After getting the glyphs, I climbed height early then back down to avoid lava damage. We each left a couple on there by mistake, and he forgot to take a turn with his Grut after the bonded Krug took his. I forgot about it, too. The samurai came out to tie down his Grut so they wouldn't get shots off down range. After that I don't think they took a turn fearing counterstrike. I had to keep 'feeding' Krug so he was less likely to move so I could shoot at him, giving Proto more of my army points. I 'pushed' the last Grut one into the lava drink, keeping Proto from doing it himself. Lol. Clearly the dice were not in his favor this game.

1-1

3rd round
vs. Peter (w/ dad) (Taelord, Raelin (SotM), Tagawa Archers, Kelda)

Ticalla Sunrise

An unusual army set up. Dad said he would have 'persuaded' other choices had he known. With the movement bonding it was easy to claim the two glyphs. 1 was wound, the other Lodin, meaning I would never get hit with the wound. His archers came out to the hill with Tae behind for support, but with Nakitas next to all targets and some high Smoke Powder rolls, he couldn't get a shot off. Kelda stayed in the start zone the entire time and was picked off by Gorillas and eventually agents. I helped him with his strategy a little bit but the quick movement and Smoke Powder done him. He was only able to take out 2 of my army.

2-1

Between round 3 and 4, briaka Jr. said he wasn't feeling well. Hoping he would be able to continue, he ate and drank a little bit, and we kept on.

Round 4
vs. John (Charos, Arkmer, 2x Aubriens, Ashra)

Badru Valley

I was a little concerned about Charos, but as long as I kept height and kept higher 2-space openings occupied, I was hoping he wouldn't be too bad to take down. He came out with Arkmer to get height near the center, prob trying to protect the glyph (unoccupied still), while the archers took to the hills. Gorillanators took to the hills as well.

We didn't get 2 rounds into it and Jr. quit his game and said he wanted to leave. He felt pain in his chest and almost vomited in the trash. I also conceded and we left the tourney.

final score: 2-2

Jr. is ok. As a matter of fact, when we got home he said he felt a million percent better. "Can we go back and finish?" I knew he was going to be fine, but better to err on the side of caution.

After all, it is only a game.

A note on Jr.'s games:
Omnicron Snipers x2
Sentinels of Jandar x2
Guilty McCreech

Otherwise known as Double Trouble

Rd 1 vs. one of ElderBerry n Sprouts. Loss 0-1
Rd.2 vs. Jooka's son. (next to me) The vipers were too much, although I don't know why. 0-2
Rd. 3 vs. Dennis. His best game of the day. Only lost one squad of Sentinels against an Elf army. (another reason I didn't play mine. )
Was just starting against JetJake when we left.

Thanks to Vydar for picking up my stuff. Thanks to everyone else who came. Had a great time. Looking forward to it again next year, or sooner! Hopefully under better circumstances.

I have a few pics I'll try to get someone to upload later.

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.

Last edited by briaka; October 20th, 2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: sp.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:29 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Great report Kevindola and briaka. It was great meeting y'all. I just did my battle report for Mahomet event if anyone is interested. Click the link
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...901#post938901
Old October 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

And the winners are...

I have a ton of images out there
In the gatherings gallery, do a search for NHSD Peoria 2009

There are 49 images. Feel free to put any of them into any appropriate battle reports

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:58 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

I've finally gotten around to getting the battle reports of my mathes done, so here they are, in all their Heroscape-y glory.

My Army:
Krug (120)
Marrden Hounds x2 (300)
Swog Rider x2 (350)
Arrow Gruts x2 (430)

Match 1:

Opponent: Vydar
Agent Carr
Microcorp Agents x2
Marro Drones x2

In my first round, I was fortunate enough to come up against Vydar, on Badru Valley--a map I'm quite familiar with. However, I was unfortunate in just about everything else that match. Vydar had a well-balanced army going with his Agents and Drones, and he used them like a pro. Early on, I moved out with my Hounds, with the intent to thin out his ranks before he could mobilize his troops. Unforutantely, his Microcorps slaughtered my Hounds from height, with some great attack rolls compared to my horrid defense rolls (especially horrid considering I was rolling five defese). After that, it was just a matter of time until his Microcorps cut down my orcs and Krug, and his Drones succeeded in overrunning the remainder of my Arrow Gruts before I could do much damage to them. An extremely solid win for Vydar on this one, although I hope to play him again someday soon. After rolling nothing higher than one shield or skull the entire match (except for once, when a Hound rolled two shields, but still fell to the Microcorp's three skulls), I'm hoping that the die feel inclined to give me some better rolls next time.

Match 2:

Opponent: Briaka
Nakita Agents
Gorillantors x3
Izumi Samurai

The second match began much as the first did, with my Hounds flailing right of the bat. Between the ranged shots of the Nakitas and the good defense rolls of the Gorillinators, my hounds were rolling over like... well, dead dogs. His Samurai proceeded to tie up my orcs, which weren't about to attack with one or two attack against a five-defense Counter-Strike. Krug proved his usefulness in this game, and ended up chopping down the Samurai, followed by monkey after monkey. Realizing I was fighting a losing battle, with my last orc surrounded (which got killed by Briaka before I could move him into the lava for fun ), I went on thekill spree with Krug, cutting down as many Gorillinators as I could before finally succumbing to the hairy swarm. Krug ended up taking out close to ten figures, but couldn't hold up long enough. Alas, my luck began to turn in the end, but it turned too late. Quite a fun match, however.

Match 3:

Bye

While I would have rather taken a loss in a good match over a free win, I got over it.

Match 4:

Map: Swamp Thing

Opponent: Toby
Deathwalker 9000
Zettian Guards
Tarn Viking Warriors
Warden 816
Major X17

This was a solid matchup, although Toby's predominant use of Soulborgs worried me some (since my mai strategy that day was to thin out the enemy ranks with the Hounds and clean up with Krug and the orcs), and as any good Marro user knows, the Hounds' plague doesn't work against Soulborgs. Because of this, I ended up foregoing my usual tactic of leading with the Hounds, and instead to the hill to my left with my orcs. After shooting down the Tarn Vikings who were attempting to uproot them, I continued positioning both Swogs and my orcs on the mountain. While I was making preparations against the possibility of a Soulborg assault, Toby was moving his Zettians up the other hill, slowly but surely. I moved in with my Hounds, tying the bots in engagements until Krug moved in, who proceeded to chop up the Zettians and Warden 816, before moving in on Deathwalker and the good Major. It was a very fun match, and Toby played his forces well.

Results:

Overall, I placed 9th out of 15 in the tournament. Not my best day in terms of Heroscape, but I figure it's not bad for my first actual tournament. Plus, for the five bucks that I payed for entry, I went home with some Dwarves and Repulsors I had been wanting more of for awhile (plus a lot more Dividers, thanks to KingKreigh's love of the PoU and hatred of the Marro )--so I was content.

After the tournament was over, I got the chance to play jdtenor as well. Since I'm covering the battles of the day, I may as well cover this one too--it was a good match.

Bonus Match

Opponent: jdtenor
Mimring
Syvarris
Nakita Agents
Arrow Gruts x2

The match started off with Mimring's slaughter of most of my orcs with his Fire Line special attack (before they even got out of the starting zone). I moved in with my Hounds, and thanks to some better rolling than earlier, managed to take out Mimring and his orcs while only lossing three of my Hounds, who proved more resilient to Mimring's flames. Almost all of my orcs got trashed by Mimring, but Krug remained okay; while I was off attacking the Nakitas and Syvarris with the Hounds, I positioned Krug next to one Hound in an attempt to raise his attack with a few wounds. It turned out that I didn't need Krug in the end on this one--my Hounds took out the remaining Nakitas and Syvarris in his start zone pretty handily. The match went quickly, but it was fun--I'm quickly coming to learn that games against jdtenor are always interesting.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

Last edited by ProtoFury; October 27th, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:51 AM

Great battle report PhotoFury. I used the same army vs PhotoFury because that's all I had with beside the one I used the next day & I didn't want to give away my army selection
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:40 AM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker

Here is the link the the pictures I took last weekend. I had a great time, thanks everyone!

http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/jetjake1/NHSD/
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Haha. I finally got my own heroscapers account. Why does it say I got 4th? I got 3rd prize...

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports