Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Allow "new" version of Hatamoto for tourney?
yes 2 25.00%
no 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Can I get in on this? April 26th works well for me.
Sure thing. I'll add you to the attendees list.

Quote:
I voted NO to using any version other than the current production version of Taro. With that said, it is your event and you can run it any way you want.
I won't use it for this tournament. I'll keep this version restricted to pickup games. I was just floating the idea out there just because I thought it might be fun to see him in competative play.
Old March 24th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Maps

On the subject of the tournaments "Forrest" map. I was working on them this weekend and have really run up against a wall with High Road. I tried several modifications to it, but I couldn't get it laid out the way I was hoping for. I think it's a little too cramped as it stands right now and a bit too easy to choke up. I ended up building an entirely new map that I'm pretty excited about. I think the playtest group will get a kick out of it tomorrow (or at least I hope they).

In any event, the test last week on Trip's Glade were really good and I think it's tweaked to a "solid" point. I'll post build instructions to it after this Tuesdays playtest session.

Also, the Dam Ruins tested well. I've made a decent amount of changes since I uploaded the image on this thread. It looks like denial of the high ground is pretty important right now on that one (of course that's the same with most maps). I'm going to make a couple more changes to it tonight for tomorrow's session.

As you can tell, we'll have several maps set up for testing tomorrow. Anyone interested in joining us just drop me a PM and I'll give the address.
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Any chance of the lava map being set up for tomorrow night?
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM

kurisenshi has disabled reputation
Hey Dignan, I'm going to be able to make it tonight so it'll be fun testing out the new stuff you've built. Also, John may be coming with me, too.
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston
Any chance of the lava map being set up for tomorrow night?
Yep, the lava map is currently one of the four maps I have set up, so we can get some games in on it.
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisenshi
Hey Dignan, I'm going to be able to make it tonight so it'll be fun testing out the new stuff you've built. Also, John may be coming with me, too.
Excellent, I'll bring my frenzy army and kill him before he gets to activate
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisenshi
Excellent, I'll bring my frenzy army and kill him before he gets to activate
Well I'm glad you didn't kill John tonight. That would have been a little awkward...

I think the new road/forest map we tried out tonight was great. I wish the wound glyph could be not on the road or a level lower or something-don't know how that would work--in water? Trees would definitely have to be moved-probably not worth it. The wound glyph just seemed so important in the game I played. Maybe a few games should be tried with it as a random glyph to see what happens?

Still in love with the Dam map-even though I've lost on it every freaking time. It's just so HARD. and cool looking.

I only played the lava map once, but it seems easier to get/block access to one of the glyphs from one of the sides. Wow that was not a helpful comment. I think you know what I'm talking about though. Maybe adding a way around the wall onto the map-a lower lava field piece maybe?

And how about a new swamp map?

Any chance of updating the maps on the first post?

And after asking for a lot of painstaking work, let me thank you for hosting this thing. I know it takes a lot of effort, but these Tuesdays have been a blast!

Deathwalker army lookin' like a lock...
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I think the new road/forest map we tried out tonight was great. I wish the wound glyph could be not on the road or a level lower or something-don't know how that would work--in water? Trees would definitely have to be moved-probably not worth it. The wound glyph just seemed so important in the game I played. Maybe a few games should be tried with it as a random glyph to see what happens?
Yeah, we'll try it next week with random glyphs. I was really happy with the way it worked out. I'll probably tweak it a little more for next week, but I thought that it was really fun to play on. I was pleased with how most of the map came into play.

Quote:
Still in love with the Dam map-even though I've lost on it every freaking time. It's just so HARD. and cool looking.
I'm a fan of that one two. It's definately not your standard tournament map. But I think that's why we need it. It's nice to have one map in the rotation that plays so very differently from all the rest. I think that the design for it is almost "final". I need to play on it a few more times with this last batch of changes.

Quote:
I only played the lava map once, but it seems easier to get/block access to one of the glyphs from one of the sides. Wow that was not a helpful comment. I think you know what I'm talking about though. Maybe adding a way around the wall onto the map-a lower lava field piece maybe?
Yeah, that one spot that you pointed out last night needs to be tweaked. It gives one side an advantage in protecting a glyph. I think that I'll tweak it a little more in an effort to balance it out. I think that we've seen a very balanced distribution of wins from both sides of that one.

Quote:
And how about a new swamp map?
There will probably be a swamp map, now that it looks like we will have ten for the tournament. I'll take another crack at them this weekend. I have an idea for one that might be fun. I also have an older map I built some time back that was pretty cool. I'll have at least one out for next Tuesday.

Quote:
Any chance of updating the maps on the first post?
Yep, I'll revamp the map post this weekend. I'll take High Road off and put the new road map on there. I'll also post build instructions for a few of the maps that are just about done.

Quote:
Deathwalker army lookin' like a lock...
It's a surprisingly solid army.
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Super Doopa

I don't know if you have the resources (it would take a lot), but this is a pretty interesting take on a swamp map:

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...7b6967193d3285

I have 6 sets of fortress you could borrow, if you wanted. They're all "inked" to bring out texture, so it would be pretty easy to tell my sets from yours.

If you're limiting yourself to BOV standards for the maps, then disregard.

(BTW you're going to run that knight army, aren't you?)
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I don't know if you have the resources (it would take a lot), but this is a pretty interesting take on a swamp map:

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...7b6967193d3285

I have 6 sets of fortress you could borrow, if you wanted. They're all "inked" to bring out texture, so it would be pretty easy to tell my sets from yours.

If you're limiting yourself to BOV standards for the maps, then disregard.
That map is pretty cool, though, I don't think it has much to offer as far as tactics is concerned. Also, it might take an hour of gameplay just to get close enough to attack each other. That might slow the tournament down a little.

Quote:

(BTW you're going to run that knight army, aren't you?)
In all honesty, probably not. The knights aren't my favorite theme. The army is a little "unoriginal". That said, it has proven to be a very strong army so you never know.
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:49 AM

Alright, I just updated the Map page.

I took off You take the high road from the possible forest maps and added Flash Fire. Also, I added the PDF for Tripdien's Glade as that map appears to be "done". Now we just need to decide which one we like more.

I also added the PDF for the Dam Ruins. It being one of the more unique maps for this event, I wanted to get that download out so people could get a chance to play with it a bit. The PDF is a little different than the picture, I just haven't updated that image yet. The PDF reflects the current version.

This weekend I also tweaked Molten Palace. The image isn't updated, but I'm very pleased with the changes. I think that the map has been significantly improved with a few minor tweaks. Hopefully playtesting it Tuesday will bear that out.

Lastly, I created another swamp map this weekend as well. I'm really jazzed about how this map looks, however, I'm not sure if it will play well. Again, we will have to see how Tuesday goes.
Old March 31st, 2008, 02:32 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan
I took off You take the high road from the possible forest maps and added Flash Fire. Also, I added the PDF for Tripdien's Glade as that map appears to be "done". Now we just need to decide which one we like more.
Just by eye balling, I prefer Flash Fire; although the glyph in the middle of Flash Fire (on the road) might be somewhat stifling. I recommend moving it off the road by one HEX. But you guys are testing it, so you should be able to determine if it needs to be changed.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events