Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Filthy's Maps - Updated 2010-09-04

I added Depression Bout today:

This two-player map requires 1 ROTV master set and 1 BFTU master set, as well as two random glyphs. The map (and glyphs) encourages players to go for the glyphs, forsaking height advantage in the process. There are some worthy line-of-sight blockers to offer a bit of protection in the start zones, as well as some shadow tiles to take advantage of, located in the middle of the map (as well as on single, flanking positions on the sides of each map).

Old September 19th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Filthy's Maps - Updated 2010-09-19

I like the footprint and the concept of Depression Bout. It's got a rolling hills feel about it. Nice start zones too. Haven't played on it yet. It looks like the dungeon tiles on the far edges won't see much play though. Did you find that the two highest hills lend toward turtling or a hill vs hill war?
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Omnicrons would have a field day on that map. Very nice, as usual.

Maybe if you want to encourage people to go for the glyphs you could specify that the glyph pool should include powerful glyphs, a la Astrid/Ivor/Nilrend.

Oh, and I finally necro'd my Dungeon reports. Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but you expressed interest in seeing the next report.

-Kaiser "The Notorious Advertiser" Cat

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
I like the footprint and the concept of Depression Bout. It's got a rolling hills feel about it. Nice start zones too. Haven't played on it yet. It looks like the dungeon tiles on the far edges won't see much play though. Did you find that the two highest hills lend toward turtling or a hill vs hill war?
Of course, taking the high ground with range can always be a nice strategy...But then you can miss out on the glyphs. I was initially going to place the glyphs on the hills, but it seems to work better by placing the glyphs on the low ground. Look for a bit of conflict on the map.

As for the dungeon tiles, they do offer a nice avenue of approach for units that can hide in shadows; definitely not the majority in a lot of armies, but it is always nice to have a subset of a map that offers a small boost for certain units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Maybe if you want to encourage people to go for the glyphs you could specify that the glyph pool should include powerful glyphs, a la Astrid/Ivor/Nilrend.
I like the use of random glyphs, but it might be worth it to add a specified glyph pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Oh, and I finally necro'd my Dungeon reports. Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but you expressed interest in seeing the next report.
Cool; I will take a look!
---
Thanks again for the feedback, you two!
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

I too like Depression Bout.

You thought outside of the square, instead of adding raised platforms, you designed depressions. Simple but brilliant.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old September 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM

I have added a new map/scenario: Medusa's Lair

This two-player map/scenario requires 1 BFTU, 1 FOTA, and 1 RTFF.
Scenario Synopsis: Take up the task of Perseus by hunting the fearful gorgon in her lair, a dispairing land on the edge of Hades! Two teams face off: Team 1 strives
to bring back the fabled treasure of Medusa, while the other defends it boldly. Let the [dice] gods decide the victor!

The scenario details can be viewed by downloading the PDF file, below.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; September 21st, 2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Reworded some of the synopsis
Old October 2nd, 2010, 06:50 PM

Re: Filthy's Maps - Updated 2010-10-02

End of the Line has been added.

Requirements: 1 ROTV, 1 FOTA, 1 RTFF, Astrid and Gerda glyphs; 2 players

Old October 2nd, 2010, 07:22 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Nice maps!!
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM

After catching Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome on the tube, I was inspired to create something somewhat similar (at least, in my mind's eye).

The map is built from one ROTV and 1 FOTA, and it is meant to push conflict to the center of the map. The start zones are well-defined by either Rock or Sand tiles on two sides of the map. Additionally, there are two start zone spaces in the center of the map, one for each team; 3 2 Treasure Glyphs surround these two start spaces, tempting any heroes who are pushed into the arena.

The start zones are 11 spaces apart, but protected by plenty of line of sight blockers that also help to channel the action to the middle. There are two paved lanes leading from each start zone, giving melee the opportunity to get into the action quickly.

Double hex figures are able to access the majority of the map, although single hex figures will have the easiest time negotiating the corridors that lead into the arena. There are additional avenues of approach along the outskirts of the map, along with battlements that can help to create choke points as needed.

The trap is another ThunderDome spinoff: Fight for It = when a trap is sprung, any adjacent opponent's figure can claim the glyph. The figure must also roll for Fight for It.
Don't Panic! - When the trap is sprung, the Hero cannot attack or move further this turn.

More testing to come, but any initial thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Build Instructions

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; May 6th, 2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Edited the Trap and number of glyphs
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They're terrible and you should not put them in the contest. Honestly you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 4th, 2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: They look great. There's no way I'm winning ... *sigh*
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:04 PM

After a few more tests, I have made some changes to 2 Man Enter, 1 Man Leave.
There are now only 2 Treasure Glyphs in the arena, rather than 3. Plus, the glyphs are in slightly different locations and are no longer adjacent to the two middle start spaces. This gives a bit more incentive on the opening round to attack with your lone Hero (if you have one), go for a Glyph, or move in reinforcements, depending on OM management.

Additionally, I changed the trap; when sprung, the Hero must immediately end his/her turn. This also makes grabbing the glyph a bit more dicey (and can discourage mobile heroes from stocking up on both glyphs in one turn).

I am also toying with the idea of moving the ruins to the sides of the map. Since their current location's start zone is already shielded by the central castle walls, moving them to the side provides a bit more protection from flying figures with high mobility and range (cough Zelrig sputter). I will test this version out as well.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; May 6th, 2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Updated image
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It looks really good Filthy. Are you submitting to R˙chean's contest?

~Rednax

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios