Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 17th, 2009, 06:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
2009 Colorado NHSD results

We had a great time kicking off the NHSD tradition in Colorado.

The event format was mostly standard maps, but some Heat of Battle maps.

Order of finish is by win difference first, then winning percentage, than win difference of the armies you defeated. Results:

1) dok 4-0 (Zombiesx4, Raelin, Q9, Marcu)
2) lafleurhero 3-0 (Blade Grutsx3, Grimnak, Tornak, Ornak, Me-Burq-Sa, Marcu, Isamu)
3) ElginB 3-1 (Mittens, Venocsx3, MRTx2, Aubriensx2)
4) Someguy 2-1 (Arrow Grutsx4, Swogsx3, Mimring, Krug, Isamu)
5) kpucblek 2-1 (Q9, Raelin, KMA, Nakita Agents, ratsx1)
6) Eric 3-2 (10thx2, ratsx2, Iskra, Rechets, Crixus, Morsbane)
7) GeneralRolondo 3-2 (Minionsx1, Microcorpx1, Raelin Kaemon, Isamu, DW7k)
8. Ross 2-2 (TKN, grubsx2, Kaemon, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Isamu)
9) Liam 2-3 (Kato, Kaemon, Harqsx2, Yarix2)*
10) kpucblek's son 2-3 (TBR, Marro Warriors, Migol, Axegrindersx1, WoAx1, Airborne Elite)
11) Bubbles 2-4 (Capuansx2, Spartacus, Crixus, Reitarius)
12) Seth C 1-3 (Kaemon, Kozuke, Tagawa, Izumi, Harqsx1, Yarix1, Isamu, Otonashi)
13) Seth A 1-4 (Raelin, Charos, Cyprien, Kelda)
14) Spider 0-4 (Cyprien, Sonya, Marcu, Jotun, Kelda)

* I believe Liam's loss to lafleurhero was missing from the initial rankings, which is why the overall record of all players was 30-29.

Prize Table:

kpucblek's son (Daniel) and Seth C playing Heat of Battle on "Rumble Bowl". Can't See the Jungle and (the bottom of) Mayan Ruins behind.

Eric and Bubbles play H&D:Swarm Edition, While Ross and laleurhero face off on "Swamp Helix"

Someguy and Generalrolondo play Katsunoland, Spider and kpucblek play Heat of Battle on "Hot Border", and Elginb and Liam play on "Common Ground".

I now realize I failed to get a picture of one entire table (the Forsaken Swamp/Fulcrum/Halfway up the Downs table). Hopefully someone got a shot of it.

Last edited by dok; June 12th, 2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: editing title to include the year
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker
Re: Colorado NHSD results

I will have my pics up soon. Why is DW7K bolded? Does he not see much action? he served me very well.

1st game

My 1st game

OMG the prize table

the players and the room

MNT DEW!!!!!

SODA!!!!

More of the room

One of the favorite maps

The last table

AMASING EVENT. Most fun i've had playing Heroscape ever!

Deathreacers should be banned!

Last edited by GeneralRolando; October 17th, 2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: add photos
Old October 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
I will have my pics up soon. Why is DW7K bolded? Does he not see much action? he served me very well.
Yeah, very few people play him. I remember hearing a big cheer from your table early in the day; I knew right away that DW7k had done good.

Quote:

One of the favorite maps
Really?

Honestly, I was really happy with the reviews I heard about the map. It's very satisfying to see a map you created enjoyed by others.

Quote:

The last table
Cool, glad we got shot of it (as well as a shot of that goofball in the yellow shirt).

Quote:
Most fun i've had playing Heroscape ever!
That makes two of us!
Old October 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM

someguy has disabled reputation

I had a great time. I met interesting people, explored a different societal subsection, faced interesting challenges, and even came home with Agent Skahen. Definitely a rewarding, different way to spend a Saturday. Would love to do it again.
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:24 PM

Here's a link to my battle report.
Old October 18th, 2009, 03:19 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

my battle reports

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...733#post938733

Old October 18th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Hey, great tournament, guys! It was a hoot and a holler. Special thanks to dok for organizing it all and congrats for winning the whole shebang!

Anyway, here's my battle report. My army was:

Venoc Warlord - 120
Mohicans x2 - 140
Aubriens x2 - 140
Venocs x3 - 120
Total = 520 pts

Game 1 vs. Liam (Kato, Kaemon, Harqsx2, Yarix2) on Common Grounds.

This map was probably the one that favored my army the most all day. The high ground is all in the middle and there's a lot of line of sight blockage which allowed me to approach that high ground without any fear of attack-- with the speed of my army, I was almost guaranteed first strike. I started by getting my Mohicans behind the ruins, since I knew that they would be able to loop around and grab the highground at will. Then I sent out the Venoc onslaught. Against the Ashigaru and their 1 defense, just one frenzy can be devastating, and I took out most of his ashigaru in 2 turns after a flurry of frenzies. He then started working with Kaemon Awa, prompting me to activate my Mohicans. The Mohicans concealment worked at least once, and since I had the high ground, I managed to take out Kaemon fairly quickly, while also finishing off the remaining Ashigaru. Kato managed to work his way to my start zone, threatening my Venoc Warlord, but I had the high ground the whole time and took him out before he could do much damage. Unfortunately, this was just a bad map and a bad match-up for Liam's army-- hopefully we'll get a chance to play again with a more even match-up.

Game 2 vs. Bubbles (Capuansx2, Spartacus, Crixus, Reitarius) on Halfway up the Downs; Glyphs: Range +4, Wound.

This was my one Heat of Battle game. One thing I learned while prepping for the tournament was that the sheer size of my army was a huge advantage. Since we were placing figures one army-card at a time, I ended up getting to place 3 cards worth of units after Bubbles had finished placing his. I started by using my Venocs just to engage his Gladiators and slow them down, then I build the rest of my army as a screen to protect the Venoc Warlord as he sat on the Wound glyph. I won the first initiative and let the Venocs do their stuff-- they managed to wipe out (I think) 4 gladiators on their own, and also put a couple wounds on Retiarius. Bubbles sent Crixus down after my enclave by the Wound Glyph, but I managed to stymie him by surrounding him with Mohicans. From there, my Aubriens got a hold of the range glyph and was able to mow down the rest of the army without much fear of engagement. I will say, however, that controlling the wound glyph against this team was invaluable. This map also favored range quite a bit, especially with the range glyph; also, if I hadn't won that very first initiative, Bubbles would've been able to take out my Venocs pretty quickly, and the game would've turned out very differently.

Game 3 vs. dok (Zombiesx4, Raelin, Q9, Marcu) on Forsaken Swamp; Glyphs: Intiative +8 and Wind.

This one was ugly. After doing my prep-games for the tournament, I had faced Q9 and Raelin enough to feel like I could handle them. However, I was not expecting to see them protected by a wall of Zombies! I had actually considered a couple Zombie armies, but with either Braxas or Captain America-- what made dok's army ingenious was adding a long range threat that forced you to engage those stupid cadavers if you wanted to get anything done.

Dok started by creating a meat shield with his Zombies, then climbing both Q9 and Raelin up to relative high ground. I honestly didn't have a clue how to handle this match-up, so I got some Mohicans up on even ground and took a couple pot-shots at Q9 and the Zombies-- with Raelin and the Jungle defense bonus, that wasn't doing anything to them. So, I decided that I would use the Mohicans to engaged Q9 and otherwise constrict movement while I sent in the Venocs. Of course, the Venocs are about the worst unit to fight Zombies with, since they just become snacks, but I figured they could take out Raelin, at least. Luckily, the Mohicans did clog up the Zombies enough to allow my Venocs work through some pockets and take out Raelin and put a couple bonus wounds on Q9.

By then, dok had figured out that the Zombies were where it's at, so they started swarming me. The Mohicans were real troopers, sitting on the high ground, and that allowed me to activate my Aubriens and try picking of any unengaged zombies that were getting too close. I managed to whittle their numbers down to 6 before my Mohicans gave way. Then an initiative flip allowed the Zombies to engage my Aubriens and leer over my start zone. I sent up a couple more Mohicans, but these ones went down entirely too quickly. At that point, he had 8 or 9 Zombies against my 1 engaged Mohican, 1 or 2 engaged Aubriens, 4 unegaged Venocs (but within the move range of the Zombies) and the Venoc Warlord sitting in the back. Normally I wouldn't concede with 180+ points on the board, but I've seen how Zombie battles play out once you get cornered, and I simply didn't have the units to pull it out.

This was a tough match-up for me all the way around, and dok played it very well, especially considering he had to get up several times in the middle of the game to keep the tournament flowing. I look forward to playing him again soon.

Game 4 vs. Seth A (Raelin, Charos, Cyprien, Kelda) on Fulcrum.

It was at this point that realized that, with the exception of Q9 and Raelin, I didn't face any of the units that I had practiced against and had expected to face. Seth A had a cool team and this was a pretty close game.

I started by sending my Venocs out to clobber Raelin and Kelda before they had a chance to move-- again, frenzy seems almost unfair when it goes off several times in a row, and the frenzy was flowing early in this game. Unfortunately, I was left with more turn markers on my Venocs than I was expecting, and now I had to choose between making suicide runs against Charos' counter-strike or probably becoming easy snacks for Cyprien. I opted for Cyprien, who was on high ground, and I think I got up to 4 wounds on him, but he easily get healing himself each turn. So then with one squad of Venocs left, I decided suicide runs on Charos, but they were 1-2-3 OUT! In retrospect, I should've just surrounded Charos with 6 Venocs and not attacked, just to make him sit for a while on low ground.

So at this point, I activated by Aubriens, spreading them apart enough that Cyprien couldn't eat more than one at a time. I wanted to focus on Charos, even though he had taken the high ground, and I lucked out with the Aubriens rolling 2 skulls several times in a row, which was enough to make Charos sweat. Once Charos game down to chase Aubriens, I sent the Venoc Warlord in after him, gave him a wound or two, but also got VW badly wounded from one nasty counter-strike. But I did manage to get high ground and take Charos out from range.

Now Cyprien was roaming around having snacks and he had managed to engage my last Mohican and one Aubrien. I had 2 lives left on my Venoc Warlord and one free Aubrien on high ground. Figuring my Aubrien was going to die the next turn, anyway, I decided to disengage the one Aubrien onto high ground-- it was a risk that paid off. My two Aubrians put 3 or 4 wounds on Cyprien, then I got a fortuitous frenzy and took out the Vampire.

This game was probably the most fun, just because it could've gone either way-- if I hadn't killed Cyprien right then, I don't think it would've happened. Also, Charos, Cyprien, Raelin and Kelda is such a cool army, I was almost rooting for it myself.

In conclusion-- great, great fun. I hope we can do this at least on a quarterly basis. Thanks again, everybody!

Last edited by Elginb; October 21st, 2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Listed one map incorrectly
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't remember exactly how the battles went, but I will try to wing it.
My army was Grimnak, Ornak, Tornak, M-B-S, Marcu, Isamu and 3 squads of blade gruts. I had tested out armies like this for various other tournaments but always ended up going with something else. This time I decided I had to go with this one and it paid off. My army played exactly as planned and I had a variety of different kinds of units for different situations. My one weakness was only one ranged unit, that only really hurt me in one battle.

My first battle was against 9) Ross 2-2 (TKN, grubsx2, Kaemon, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Isamu) on Swamp Helix. Ross actually had an army that should of been able to defeat mine, but I made sure to control the map. I moved Marcu into his starting zone very early in the game and he ended up playing the roll of a cheap tank rather than assassin. While he was keeping most of Ross's army busy I was able to move my orcs to control the attack +1 glyph and start working on taking the top of the castle. at this point I was able to move in three different ways. I had an abundant supply of orcs to keep taking the +1 attack glyph, he did keep killing them but I would move another orc into place. Tornak and two orcs moved in from the side while the rest of my army gained the high ground. MBS did die early to a deadly shot from Zetacron and I thought I might not be able to deal with Kaeman, however thanks to Attack +1 glyph and good positioning, the orcs were able to get the best of them while completely avoiding trample stomp. It was a very close game but a win for me.

Second was 10) kpucblek's son 2-3 (TBR, Marro Warriors, Migol, Axegrindersx1, WoAx1, Airborne Elite) on Can't See the Jungle. I think this one was in my favor as I was able to both grab a glyph and make an attack on the very first turn. I had MBS and Marcu in the 3 squars by him as well as Ornak to give them both a turn on the first order marker. knowing the WOA would be hard for my orcs to kill I had no trouble dispatching everything of his, the only problem I had was TBR was a real slippery one at the end of the game, he would keep teleporting away and I ended up chasing him all around the map. This was an easy win for me primarily because of the right map for my army as well as simply a superior army. My opponent knew very well how to play and made great strategic moves, but the best player in the world would not of been able to win against my army on that map.

My last battle was against 8. Liam 2-2 (Kato, Kaemon, Harqsx2, Yarix2) on Katsuno Land. Up untill this event I was pretty much the only player he had ever played against. I taught him how to play but he still doesn't really know the rules that well I guess. I built that army for him and he never had a chance to really try it out. He made a lot of mistakes like putting order markers on a squad of Ashgaru instead of using Kato to give turns to both squads. I can't remember the details really of the battle, I was more concerned with trying to get done in time for a 4th game and trying to correct him on his mistakes. I credit this victory entirely to experience. Still I'm proud that Liam was able to come in 8th place and he does know how to take high ground and play the maps right.

My 4th game would of been against 5) kpucblek 2-1 (Q9, Raelin, KMA, Nakita Agents, ratsx1)*. We sat down to play and even played a few turns but decided that it would be best to cancel that game as we only had 10 minutes to play. Especially the fact that I needed to tear down and pack up 4 maps. I'm pretty sure that I would of been able to win this battle. Athough I would be the first to take losses I would be able to eventually swarm him. I had great ways of dealing with Q9 and the rats, the steal dodge for Krav would of been Irrelavent and the Nakitas would of been my biggest threat. With my disengage killing Raelin also wouldn't of been too hard. I regret that I can't back up my boasts though. It very well could of been a loss for me.

I regreat not being able to play against Dok, sometime maybe we can play the same armies against each other and see how it would go. Also I regreat that I never got a chance to play on an HOB map. I had designed my army with the idea that I would probably play on one. Still I'm very happy with my 3-0 army, 2nd place, and the great time we had.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM

I had an especially great time on the Ticalla Jungle maps. I don't know why but playing on a map the looks so good is definitely a boost in the fun department. I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on some of those and I'm gonna start working on some touniment maps we might be able to use in the future.

Old October 21st, 2009, 01:05 AM

Classicsmiley is surprisingly tart

Thanks for posting the battle reports, guys. I'm sorry I missed the event.

Old June 12th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Yes, this is a super bump/necro, but I have a question. What is that black Utgar box?
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Yes, this is a super bump/necro, but I have a question. What is that black Utgar box?
It's a custom-built dice tower.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports