Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister
Who would have guessed that the guy with a wiener on his head liked sex?

Bannister
Us men all have wieners on our heads and we all like sex. That is the truest and greatest universal secret, try and hide it as we may...
Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:59 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus
This made me realize that: not having any true power it is easy to say we would use it for good, but when we truly recieve great power we will use it to our own end.
Another way of saying that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I don't think that is always true. I think those that seek power are more easily corrupted by it. Those that wouldn't be corrupted by power usually don't seek it.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Right, that is why the jedi are always and I mean always depicted with great self discipline and trained to not give into self or emotion. those things lead to the dark side or in this case the very human side. I doubt I would have the self discipline to be a jedi but I dont think I have the sadistic streak of a sith, but maybe like a grey jedi, someone who wants to be a jedi but isnt self disciplined enough not to pursue thier own selfish desires.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:43 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister
The light sabre is a phallic symbol.

Bannister

PS. You are coming off a bit cheeky today.

Alright...that's it...changing title....suppressing rage...no longer posting topics.....
Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:59 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Sorry Ormus. I didn't mean to degrade this thread to SexWars. Too bad we're all a bunch of grown-up adolescents.

My initial post was quite serious. I honestly believe the whole X-Wing / Y-Wing thing was intentional by Lucas as symbolic of X-Chromosome and Y-Chromosome.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
Right, that is why the jedi are always and I mean always depicted with great self discipline and trained to not give into self or emotion. those things lead to the dark side or in this case the very human side.
I have to strongly disagree with this. The whole point of the 6-movie Star Wars saga is that you have to have a balance between self/emotion and discipline/reason. Luke does not triumph in RoTJ because he is a creature of total discipline -- he triumphs because he has enough discipline to balance his selfish emotions (such as anger at his father) with his unselfish ones (such as love for his father).

Similarly, Anakin does not fall to the dark side because he lacks discipline, but because he lacks any emotional support from his fellow Jedi.

When you genuinely care about people, you are not subject to the corruption of power. You're subject to making mistakes, but you can only be corrupted if you allow yourself to become detached from people.
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Sorry Ormus. I didn't mean to degrade this thread to SexWars. Too bad we're all a bunch of grown-up adolescents.

My initial post was quite serious. I honestly believe the whole X-Wing / Y-Wing thing was intentional by Lucas as symbolic of X-Chromosome and Y-Chromosome.
Hey thats okay. I thought that your original post regarding the x/y chromosome thing was very thought out and seems to be too close to be coincidental. It made me think.
Old July 4th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Hey markwars do you still have all those old action figures they are probably worth something these days........
Old July 4th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ

Did the A-Wing and B-Wing symbolize blood types? I'm confused.
Old July 5th, 2023, 04:45 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sex themes in STAR WARS thread

After rewatching "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" for the umpteenth time, has anyone stopped to think about how much Devil's Tower looks like a gigantic erect nipple? And how the clouds that start surrounding it, just before the appearance of the mother ship, could possibly symbolize the lactation of mother's milk? I mean, they did use liquid to achieve the cloud effects, after all.
I would have started a separate thread for this, but figured it's not worth it, since I'm probably just reading way too much into this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media