Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/15/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
From my experience, if you are running a large event, like a NHSD tournament, you can't play. There just isn't enough time. So, whoever volunteers, keep that in mind.
I disagree. I ran NHSD in warren with 35 or so players and I played. We used the sheets to score, and a couple people (you included I think) helped straighten them out between rounds. If its a rolling rumble, it's even easier as players are responsible for their own sheets.

I don't mind "running" the tourney once I'm there - I just don't have the time or resources right now to get the planning / setup done. Once I'm there though, I can run things or help as needed.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:58 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Personally when it comes to what figures are being used I prefer to avoid Marvel/C3V and SoV stuff. Its not that I dislike the figures I just prefer official figures.

I don't quite understand what "rolling rumble" means though. Can somebody explain that for me? I've never been to a tournament so excuse my ignorance.

~GT55

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTigers55 View Post
Personally when it comes to what figures are being used I prefer to avoid Marvel/C3V and SoV stuff. Its not that I dislike the figures I just prefer official figures.

I don't quite understand what "rolling rumble" means though. Can somebody explain that for me? I've never been to a tournament so excuse my ignorance.

~GT55
It's on the first page of this thread.
And personally, I agree with GTigers on the above. Not a huge issue though.
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's true, I forgot. Assistance will be necessary though, for sure. Depending on attendance of course. Maybe I'm thinking there will be more people attending than will actually be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
From my experience, if you are running a large event, like a NHSD tournament, you can't play. There just isn't enough time. So, whoever volunteers, keep that in mind.
I disagree. I ran NHSD in warren with 35 or so players and I played. We used the sheets to score, and a couple people (you included I think) helped straighten them out between rounds. If its a rolling rumble, it's even easier as players are responsible for their own sheets.

I don't mind "running" the tourney once I'm there - I just don't have the time or resources right now to get the planning / setup done. Once I'm there though, I can run things or help as needed.
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:27 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

I wasn't planning on playing if I'm going to keep track of scoring-- I'll take one for the team! Wookie is looking into the venue, and we're kicking around details. If anyone can get ahold of the Columbus Crew, please do so, but we're starting to assume that they're not going to be involved. It would be very nice to have someone on the ground in Columbus to help secure the venue, but outside of that I think we can get most of this put together online.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Champion of Champions

ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker

Most of us(The Columbus Crew) haven't really been checking the forums much recently. I'll check with everyone this weekend and see if Jacob or Matt is planning on hosting this year. When I hear back, I'll post back on this thread.
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:51 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Sweet - thanks Ben. I hope to see you there this year in a shirt that fits.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Just to be safe, you should add 5 to however many people Ben says are coming.
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManTrainChooChoo View Post
Most of us(The Columbus Crew) haven't really been checking the forums much recently. I'll check with everyone this weekend and see if Jacob or Matt is planning on hosting this year. When I hear back, I'll post back on this thread.
Thanks!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

For dates I can't make it the 13th (my sister has IVC Championship games that day) but I could make it the 20th.
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Maybe we should make a new thread for 2012? And as for me bringing maps, realistically I could probably transport about 5 maps give-or-take, but getting them set up early could be a problem since I live like 4 hours away which is already pretty early for me. Not saying I'm not willing, but if we can make enough maps with other people then I'll only bring some if absolutely necessary
Old September 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Maybe we should make a new thread for 2012? And as for me bringing maps, realistically I could probably transport about 5 maps give-or-take, but getting them set up early could be a problem since I live like 4 hours away which is already pretty early for me. Not saying I'm not willing, but if we can make enough maps with other people then I'll only bring some if absolutely necessary
I think all of that will fall into place after we get some things set.

1) Mantrainchoochoo is contacting the Columbus Crew about their involvement.
2) As far as I know Wookie is looking into venues in case the Columbus Crew is not going to host. No venue, no event-- help on the ground in Columbus securing a venue would be appreciated even if they don't want to host.
3) Assuming CC is not doing it, Wookie and I plan to carve up most of the responsibilities along with any other volunteers. One of us will start a thread when/ if we hear from CC and secure a place.
4) I'm good for about 10 boards. Wookie is good for...who knows...the man has a ton of Scape. If we need more, we can work that out later. We're coming from out of town, so the earlier EVERYONE can get there to set up boards the better. I *think* two years ago (before the cancelation) attendance was in the upper 50s. Last year I think it was upper 30s/ lower 40s. I think lower/mid 30s is a realistic estimate for this year. That's not a huge number of boards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day