Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 02:42 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!
Re: SoCal Slaughter! 2010 attendance/prizes plus

The problem I see with bringing a core army and having everyone draft from a pile of figures to add to the core is time time time... It takes away from our precious game time So Cal NHSD has been between 20-35 people the last 2-3 years and the time it would take to have everyone there asses there core and draft from the pool could easily take away a hour from tourney play. Plus it could be unfair to some of our younger players (Boy and girl Hulka, SSX) to play with a army they may not be to familiar with.

I tend to like just a straight up tournament where you plan out your army ahead of time and see what it can do in a tournament.

If anything I say we adopt the Restricted List to limit all of the tried and true A+ units from flooding every battle.

I think the hexes in texas group is talking about doing this as well.

Would be nice to see what armies people bring when they can't use the 20 most commonly played units in Heroscape.

I wouldn't see a reason to change WNFB's venue, unless he is unable to host it this year then we would need a plan b, and quick!

Hope to see you all again soon.

Last edited by CharosInCharge; August 22nd, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

See I feel that would just increase the prevalence of other units that are listed as or on the edge of being "A". I can already determine if we use that list that Axegrinders would be ready to mop the floor with a lot of people.

I don't see my idea as being that complicated it just makes people plan ahead a bit more. Armies don't have to be a complex machine it can be a Hydra, Cyrprien, Airborne Elite, Major Q9, Krav Maga, Finn and Isamu for instance. If players figure out what they want to use for each point set ahead of time it makes it easier. I also figure that the lower point rounds will take less time as there is less to kill. The idea of increasing possible points each round would make for a little more bookkeeping but it gives players who lose early on the ability to make up a lot more points later and overcome to even possibly win. Just some things to think about.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 22nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

robdaman - I was referring to SIR_ARTORIUS idea about having a core and everyone draft from a pool once they are there.

The scaled army idea isn't bad. gencon does something similar right? Where if you make it to day 2 you can add another unit to your army.

The problem I see with adding units each round where as in round 1 you play with 350 pts and by round 5 you more then double your army size to 750 is the time it would take as the rounds go on. We would have to more then double the round time by round 5. I don't really have a problem with this, but others who may be on a time limit might.

A traditional tournament is still the way to go for NHSD in my opinion

Has anyone heard from WNFB? Let's get the ball rolling so we can add So Cal Slaughter to the list of confirmed events in Rychen's prize support thread
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:20 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Just put up this year's NHSD thread,
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...48#post1466748
Please visit and post.
Thanks,
wnfb
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

One format I always wanted to try was the "make the worst 400-point-or-so army you possibly could then swapping with your opponent before the game" approach. It gets the rarely used figures dusted-off and you would not see Q9, blasts, dragons all day.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
One format I always wanted to try was the "make the worst 400-point-or-so army you possibly could then swapping with your opponent before the game" approach. It gets the rarely used figures dusted-off and you would not see Q9, blasts, dragons all day.
I'd be all for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 24th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

The army swap idea leaves some people cold and could be very confusing to the young players which I do understand and agree with. I still like my Grand War idea but it also has drawbacks of being a tough play as everyone needs to plan ahead.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:05 PM
C3G Strategist

Plus with that format you will play against the same army every single game. (the one you bring)

The restricted units list sounds like a better idea for a tournament to me, because at least then you can still make a competitive army with the C - B units rather then a tournament that is all about the worst army you could possibly make.

It would make for a great casual game, but kinda odd for a tournament structure.
Old August 26th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

See, part of the reason for the "junk" army is to get away from the competitive, tournament game. I'd have a heck of a lot more fun (which what this is all about) playing all day against the same army in a more casual manner then seeing different, but competetively built armies.

Bring the fun back!

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:17 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I'm wouldn't mind a restricted list. (i.e. Making B+ the highest you can go)

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
See, part of the reason for the "junk" army is to get away from the competitive, tournament game. I'd have a heck of a lot more fun (which what this is all about) playing all day against the same army in a more casual manner then seeing different, but competetively built armies.

Bring the fun back!
Thank you.

Dallas has run this type of tournament in the past, I think even on NHSD. For those who think it wouldn't work, I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:15 AM
C3G Strategist

I just don't see whats fun about bringing the worst army possible to a tournament. I would find it very boring to be forced to play with different armies that have no synergy what so ever all day long.

A format that I think is along the same page as this, but better would be the double edged sword format.

Basically you bring whatever army you want. Before each round of play the tournament director will roll a D20. On a even roll everyone plays the army they brought. On a odd roll everyone swaps armies with their current opponent.

This is better/more fun to me then a trash army force swap because you will still see tournament caliber armies, but some people may not bring all A+ units because %50 of the time they will be playing against it...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day