Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Eastern PA Scapers: The Beginning of the End Sept. 26

Crazy question spidy,
Are you limiting common heroes to 2 as well?

I've got a crazy 6 Dumatef army in mind.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Crazy question spidy,

I hope that the common heroes aren't limited to 2. I want to see that 6 Dumatef army in action!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Quote:
Crazy question spidy,

I hope that the common heroes aren't limited to 2. I want to see that 6 Dumatef army in action!
So my 5 Dumutef army at the last event wasnt enough for ya?
Old September 24th, 2009, 07:03 AM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
I finally sent out the address for those that do not have it. If anyone that needs it did not recieve it please let me know and I will get it to you a.s.a.p.

Only 4 days to go and I am still not settled on my army yet. Oh well, I guess I could be an easy out for someone.
Meeee. I need the address. =]

Me, my dad and my two cousins are all coming this time. It's been a while!

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old September 24th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Thunder View Post
Looking forward to my first Heroscape tourney this Saturday! I'm expecting to get my clock thoroughly cleaned, but I'm excited none the less.
Vanilla Thunder,

We are looking forward to having you come to the tournament.

Don't worry too much, this is Heroscape. Anybody can beat anybody. Spidysox came over last night and we play tested 1 army each. I have never seen anyone roll a D20 so sucessfully. I had no chance.

Pete

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old September 24th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I'm behind on the NERV at the moment, but I'd love the data from this event Spidysox. And I promise to get caught up soon. I need to check the numbers again, but I think if Tom does well then he could take the top spot. There are some other high ranking players going too and many that could break into the top ten. Good luck everyone.
Old September 24th, 2009, 08:49 AM

KalisLord is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
Well now I'm confused. Kalislord stopped by last night for some scape. I thought I'd take the chance to playtest my army against someone other than Xanth. In both games I was stomped. (Not literaly, Tor-kul-na was not involved) So now I'm not sure if I still want to run with what I had planned or switch it up.

I had fun with the army I played for our 3rd game, but its not too competitive.
What army was he playing, and what army were you playing? Some matchups will loose 90% of the time against a different one. Take death reavers vs. Heavy Gruts, or Heavy Gruts vs. Trons*. One very rarely wins against the other, unless one player is much better than the other one, or the map favors one army too much.

For Example:
I like Microcorp. I use them really often, and I'm thinking they will be making their second tournament appearance here. I know that if the other army has Braxas, my chances for victory are really low, seing as their armor isn't acid resistant, and seing as they're 100 points a squad. Did I mention I like drafting KMA and Skahen with them?

I also like KoW. If I'm going to be charging my knights into a swarm of fourth mass, I'm seriously going to be hoping I get some ungodly JD rolls in there.

I also like 10th Reg. If I see my oponent has decided that he wants to use Q9, and I am using 10th reg, I know that he's pretty much won, wild luck and a gap in skill not included.

What I'm saying is this: Just because it lost a lot, it doesn't mean that it is a bad army choice.
*Yes I know Matthais pwned some trons at gencon this year, but that's one of the 10%
I don't want to reveal clancampbell's army unless he decides to, but I'm happy to reveal the armies that I played against his:

The Knights Who Say Ni:

Sir Gilbert
Eldgrim
2 x Knights of Weston
2 x Templar Cavalry

Count Chocula's Cohort:

Cyprien
Sonya
Krav Maga Agents
2 x Shades of Bleakewoode
Dumatef

Nancy Elves:
Ulginesh
Chardris
Emiroon
Arkmer
Kyntela
2 x Warriors of Ashra

"Dethklok has summoned a troll.

That's impossible there is no such thing as trolls.

Then how do you explain the dead unicorns..."

Last edited by KalisLord; September 24th, 2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Couldn't help myself from typing the full name of the shades in
Old September 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I'm behind on the NERV at the moment, but I'd love the data from this event Spidysox. And I promise to get caught up soon. I need to check the numbers again, but I think when Tom does well then he could take the top spot. There are some other high ranking players going too and many that could break into the top ten. Good luck everyone.
Fixed. I've seen way too many top 3 finishes from Tom, and he's already said he's bringing something competitive.

Nancy elves, too funny Kalislord. That game was just for fun, and it was fun, Jotun throwing elves was a blast.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; September 24th, 2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old September 24th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Vanilla_Thunder has disabled reputation

Bah! I missed the part with 'No Glyphs', so my GF might need to rebuild her army. Had some glyph-grabbers who were doing little else in there.

Hopefully we'll do some practice rounds tonight or tomorrow so we don't look like total newbs.

Did you know Samuel L. Jackson was in Jaws? VVVVVV
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Quote:
Crazy question spidy,

So my 5 Dumutef army at the last event wasnt enough for ya?
5 Dumatef is okay, but 6 is just crazy!

Quote:
I'm behind on the NERV at the moment, but I'd love the data from this event Spidysox. And I promise to get caught up soon. I need to check the numbers again, but I think if Tom does well then he could take the top spot. There are some other high ranking players going too and many that could break into the top ten. Good luck everyone.
No pressure.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm behind on the NERV at the moment, but I'd love the data from this event Spidysox. And I promise to get caught up soon. I need to check the numbers again, but I think when Tom does well then he could take the top spot. There are some other high ranking players going too and many that could break into the top ten. Good luck everyone.
Fixed. I've seen way too many top 3 finishes from Tom, and he's already said he's bringing something competitive.
Seriously, no pressure. Especially considering that I am still undecided on which army to bring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalisLord View Post
I don't want to reveal clancampbell's army unless he decides to, but I'm happy to reveal the armies that I played against his:

The Knights Who Say Ni:
Sir Gilbert
Eldgrim
2 x Knights of Weston
2 x Templar Cavalry
Templar Cavalry!
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Crazy question spidy,

Sorry, but anything that is common is reduced to 2 of that kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
Quote:
I finally sent out the address for those that do not have it. If anyone that needs it did not recieve it please let me know and I will get it to you a.s.a.p.

Only 4 days to go and I am still not settled on my army yet. Oh well, I guess I could be an easy out for someone.
Meeee. I need the address. =]

Me, my dad and my two cousins are all coming this time. It's been a while!
on its way. Let me know if you did not get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Thunder View Post
Looking forward to my first Heroscape tourney this Saturday! I'm expecting to get my clock thoroughly cleaned, but I'm excited none the less.
Vanilla Thunder,

We are looking forward to having you come to the tournament.

Don't worry too much, this is Heroscape. Anybody can beat anybody. Spidysox came over last night and we play tested 1 army each. I have never seen anyone roll a D20 so sucessfully. I had no chance.

Pete
He just does not want to admit it was my superior skill as a player.
Seriously though, I don't think I have ever rolled the D20 better than I did last night.

Quote:
I'll send out the info as soon as I can. No pressure on the updates. We all realize that life gets in the way of our best intentions.

Only two days to go.

Woot!!!!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I'll send out the info as soon as I can. No pressure on the updates. We all realize that life gets in the way of our best intentions.
Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events