Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 8th, 2023, 11:35 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Been solo-ing Imperial Miners a bit lately.

-insert signature here-
Old October 8th, 2023, 08:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Champions of Midgard, Space Base, Wonderland's War, Heat: Pedal to the Metal and I believe one or two others I don't remember.

Edit: Gladiators

Last edited by Taeblewalker; October 9th, 2023 at 04:01 AM.
Old October 11th, 2023, 01:15 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Heat: Pedal to the Metal
This is the first racing game I’ve played, so far we’ve only played it in the base state. Next time we’ll start exploring the upgrade and weather modules. The core mechanics are fairly simple and intuitive.

Lost Ruins of Arnak
A combo worker placement/deck builder centered around exploring burial sites and temples.

Detective: City of Angels
Set in 1940s LA, one person plays as a criminal trying to foil the detectives who are all working the same case, but racing to solve it for themselves.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 11th, 2023, 05:23 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Pirate Fluxx and Terraforming Mars: Ares Expedition.

Old October 11th, 2023, 09:05 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Heat: Pedal to the Metal
This is the first racing game I’ve played, so far we’ve only played it in the base state. Next time we’ll start exploring the upgrade and weather modules. The core mechanics are fairly simple and intuitive.

Lost Ruins of Arnak
A combo worker placement/deck builder centered around exploring burial sites and temples.

Detective: City of Angels
Set in 1940s LA, one person plays as a criminal trying to foil the detectives who are all working the same case, but racing to solve it for themselves.
Nice- I've heard really good things about all three of these.
Old October 15th, 2023, 05:36 PM

Pirate Fluxx 2-player and Freelancers 3-player. Amazingly good time!!!

Last edited by Taeblewalker; October 15th, 2023 at 05:52 PM.
Old October 20th, 2023, 08:31 PM

Yesterday I played Apollo, Dragonquest and Lost Ruins of Arnak.

Old October 21st, 2023, 11:55 PM

Two-part, six army Heroscape scenario, using maps I created myself. The Elves and Dwarves, plus a handful of miscellaneous heroes triumphed over orcs, goblins, skeletons, zombies and more!

Afterward, we played a 4-player game of The Last Kingdom. I liked it more than I thought I would.

Old October 22nd, 2023, 03:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes, the recently Kickstarted The Last Kingdom (Gamelyn Games) is a somewhat unknown gem, but everyone who tries it wants to play again! I've now introduced it to 11 other players. I've played 9 solitaires and 6 games with live opponents, including all of our Heroscape gang, since 7/25/23. It should be in retail soon if it isn't already.

These 15 games allowed me to try out all ten Leaders, their Hero alternate versions, and the 6 Hero only characters, in varying combinations, with different number of Danes and Saxons--the two sides--with the entire player count possibilities of 2-5 Players. I've identified 15 factors that make each game different. I call it the most asymmetric game ever, as there are only about 3 cards duplicated (which usually come out in different game rounds), and no Leaders/Hero powers are duplicated--all are unique. The two default constants--Leader movement costs and battle strengths--are sometimes varied also.

I highly recommend it.

Last edited by chas; October 23rd, 2023 at 08:20 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2023, 01:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

We played a couple games of Citadel last night (5 players). Two of us tied with 26 points in game 1, with a 3rd player at 25. Then I won game 2 with 24 points.
Old October 22nd, 2023, 07:04 PM

Freelancers today with four players. We defeated the dragon at the end of campaign A. Then we played Dragonquest, which everyone but me hated.

Old November 18th, 2023, 04:01 AM

This past Sunday: Fleet the Dice Game, Ascension and Dungeon of Fortune

This past Tuesday: Dungeons Dice and Danger, Elder Sign twice, Dungeon Scroll twice, Dungeon of Fortune

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games