Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old December 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
TGRF's Tales of Valhalla

Greetings, one and all.
Following the creation of the new length limit rule in the fan fic competition, I have come across an unexpected development. The development is, to put it simply: I am having trouble staying within the limit. I've always tended to write more than average, and the fact that I am actually trying to write longer for my fan fictions doesn't help.
Now, obviously I can simply edit my entries down to the point where they fit, but I only want to edit them so much. For example, the first entry below was 1,191 words over the limit. I feel that if I were to edit out that much, something, possibly a great deal, would be lost.
Therefore, rather than hacking away at my entries until they begin to lose too much, I've decided to post them here.
This will be the place for those entries that were too long to post in the fan fic competition. It will not be limited to just those entries, but they will make up most of its content.
I will post the stories both here and in individual posts in the thread.

And yes, Bro-Man, I basically stole the title of your thread: Battles of Valhalla.

Darkness - 2/28/13
Spoiler Alert!

Einar's Battle - 11/20/13
Spoiler Alert!

The Rise of the Valkyrie - 12/12/13
Spoiler Alert!

A Breath of Wind - 8/7/2014
Spoiler Alert!

Light up the Darkness - 11/24/2017
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by TGRF; May 28th, 2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:24 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker
Re: TGRF's Tales of Valhalla

That is fine with me buddy. Just be sure to let others know who you got the title from.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:30 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-man View Post
That is fine with me buddy. Just be sure to let others know who you got the title from.
No problem.
~TGRF.
Old May 28th, 2022, 03:17 PM

In light of TAF deciding to drunkenly make the rounds of unrated fictions and bless them with a number from 1-10, I have decided to bolster my chances with him and add some of my better entries to this compilation. They'll be from all over the ten-odd years I've been in the competition.

First up, we have:

A Breath of Wind - 8/7/2014
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF, more to come!
Old May 28th, 2022, 03:26 PM

This next entry, posted sometime late in 2017, was the first entry where I had to significantly edit something to make it fit within the word limit. While I originally didn't want to do this, thinking too much would be cut, the exercise gave me a newfound appreciation for the power of editing, and the usefulness of brevity. If I had to point to a single piece of writing which actively made me a better writer as I wrote it, it would be this entry.

Now, due to all that editing, posting this isn't as simple as copy & pasting from Word. The best way for you to read it would be to find the cleaned up version over on my website. As I've said elsewhere, the Website is owned by me, and devoid of ads or background programs. You can browse without worry.

Light up the Darkness
Word Count: 3,990

That's all for now.

~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; May 28th, 2022 at 03:54 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction