Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

View Poll Results: Location of Colorado NHSD ( voting ends september 18th)
Cheyenne WY, Cyborgs Gaming 5 71.43%
Boulder CO, Boulder Public Library 2 28.57%
Wheatridge CO, Valhalls Game Center 0 0%
Highlands Ranch CO, Enchanted Grounds 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 8th, 2011, 12:34 AM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker
Re: Cross Country Colorado/Cheyenne NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
My guess at the attendees at the moment:
  • Bonesnap + Mista + varidice + Mad_Celt
  • chief
  • dok
  • Elginb
  • Generalrolando + Seth
  • lafleurhero + ~10
  • SoA + 1
Like I said, over 20.

Tentatively, why don't we plan on 12 maps.

Are we settled on 560 points, Kill 'em all, semis and finals after rolling rumble start?
Add me to the list. I got work off for NHSD! My wife and two of my friends will most likely be coming too.

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:38 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Man!!! I'm crying here!!! SOOOO wishing we could make it!!

We are going to miss you guys!!!

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM

ifstream Woo who?

Dok here is my collection 5 ROTV maybe more, 2 SOTM, 1 Marvel, 3 DnD, 2 forest, 1 Ice + many extra snow, 2 jungle, 4 castle, 1 lava.
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
This one looks interesting to me...

Spoiler Alert!
Looks like a shooting gallery to me, to be honest. There's also some pseudo-stalemate issues if each army gets a dominant position around one of the two high ground spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolamos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
My guess at the attendees at the moment:
  • Bonesnap + Mista + varidice + Mad_Celt
  • chief
  • dok
  • Elginb
  • Generalrolando + Seth
  • lafleurhero + ~10
  • SoA + 1
Add me to the list. I got work off for NHSD! My wife and two of my friends will most likely be coming too.
Sweet! Added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifstream View Post
Dok here is my collection 5 ROTV maybe more, 2 SOTM, 1 Marvel, 3 DnD, 2 forest, 1 Ice + many extra snow, 2 jungle, 4 castle, 1 lava.
Wow, OK, so between you and Marshall you can definitely take care of the whole thing.

Here's an 9-pack with your collection. We don't have to build all of these, since that would make 15 maps between you and Marshall, but this stretches your collection to the furthest extent I can manage:
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Ah, probably just a technicality, but I want to throw this out there before he decides to come and the list has 1 too many. I'm actually bringing Ninja Status, so I guess add him, and take off the +1 for me.
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:39 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

My current list:
  1. Bonesnap
  2. Mista
  3. varidice
  4. Mad_Celt
  5. chief
  6. dok
  7. Elginb
  8. Generalrolando
  9. Seth
  10. ifstream
  11. Son of Aarathorn
  12. Ninja Status
  13. Tolamos
  14. Tolamos's wife
  15. Tolamos's friend
  16. Tolamos's friend
  17. lafleurhero + ~10
Looks like we might need all 15 maps after all...
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:41 PM

So, how do people feel about this map set? Anyone want to suggest dropping something in favor of something else? I'd like to stick within these terrain sets so that the Wyoming locals can set up the maps in advance, but we can toss in Recessed Atrium if you want to reshuffle things in a way that gets one fewer map out of the set.

Spoiler Alert!
If this looks good we can start discussing glyphs.
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Better to have too many maps than not enough. Those seem like a pretty good mix too. I'll take them the way they are. I notice I'd have six maps to make while Ifstream has nine. I think that can be a bit too much of a burden for him so it would be nice if a few of them can be made by other people. If he is ok with it though then we will do that, plus I can certainly build the maps if he loans me the terrain. It would also be easy to know who's is who's if it is just the two of us for terrain. As I said right now I have room for 14 maps, it should not be hard to make it 15 especially with the neighboring businesses. As far as glyphs, you know I always say that if the glyphs don't do something to make the map better then they shouldn't be used. I'd like to see glyphs on only about half of the maps and perhaps the majority of those being treasure glyphs. Then again I said I was going to be staying out of this.
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:56 PM

Let's just top out at however many you can fit. If that's 15, then 15 is good. If that's only 14, then we'll go with 14.

By my count, 6 of those 15 maps suggest specific glyphs. I think we should stick with those glyphs. 2 of the 15 have no glyphs at all. Obviously I think we should stick with that and have no glyphs.

That leaves the other 7 maps that we have decisions to make on. I'm good with relatively weak glyphs for all of those - no attack or defense or anything stronger than those. I'd be fine with using temporary glyphs or treasure glyphs on some of them - maybe most of them. We could probably get away with no glyphs at all on one or two of them.

BTW, we're still calling this the Third Annual Rocky Mountain Rumble, right?
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:56 PM

ifstream Woo who?

You know if I bring my terrain into the store people will help build the maps. I can think of a few already that would help build maps. As for glyphs, they add and change strategy throughout a game...so I like them personally. However, I am still new to heoscape been playing for only 6 months.
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like to stick with the name Rocky Mountain Rumble. It is a good name and it implies that we have been doing this for awhile, only the location is different. As I've said space isn't really limited so we can have the 15 maps or even more. I just want to fit as much as I reasonably can in the store and if I don't have to use any neighboring space then I won't. I just got done talking with the fitness center next door about setting up a few of the maps there. I'd actually rather use that than the Chinese resturant because it is only 3 steps away from my door. If we open both doors at once they hit each other. Plan as many maps as we want for the people attending, I will make sure that there is space for them.
Old September 11th, 2011, 10:42 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I'm not too hip on the Shrine of Mo-Ne-Ca-- that nook at the bottom seems too good a place for small/medium units to hide from large/huge units.

I like the other maps, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day