Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: National Heroscape Day News!

As 1Mmirg points out, Florida has already got a head start on this whole NHSD thing: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=20088

SKAHENS!!!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 20th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is awesome. We are still trying to figure out where we're going to NHSD, but it'll happen.
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
well cheddar usually we have 3-4 big tourney's, NHSD being one of them and who know how many smaller ones, such as vel's past one.

Ry:does the dci software cost anything? if not I can tote the wife's laptop to use if need be.

cheers
Rod
No, what I mean is on NHSD, specifically that one day, should we try to consolidate into one large event of epic proportions? Even including far away players from Houston, Austin, San Antonio, or even Arkansas as was done in the past?

Or is it better to have many smaller events going on in different areas to maximize exposure across different areas?

I'm trying to figure out what people think is better from the perspective of good press for the game, or drawing in new players.

Old August 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

OK NESA what's the plan?

-insert signature here-
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:52 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Do we have to be hosting a tournament that day or can we just be hosting a "relaxing" game day?

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:02 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Do we have to be hosting a tournament that day or can we just be hosting a "relaxing" game day?
Nothing stopping anyone from having a game day at their house on 10/18 but I believe in order to have WotC support and have the scores count towards National Rankings (if it's set-up in time) there is a minimum participation needed (no idea what the number needs to be though).

-insert signature here-
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
well cheddar usually we have 3-4 big tourney's, NHSD being one of them and who know how many smaller ones, such as vel's past one.

Ry:does the dci software cost anything? if not I can tote the wife's laptop to use if need be.

cheers
Rod
No, what I mean is on NHSD, specifically that one day, should we try to consolidate into one large event of epic proportions? Even including far away players from Houston, Austin, San Antonio, or even Arkansas as was done in the past?

Or is it better to have many smaller events going on in different areas to maximize exposure across different areas?

I'm trying to figure out what people think is better from the perspective of good press for the game, or drawing in new players.
I don't know about which is better, from the perspective of good press, or drawing in new players, but from my experience, I think the big venue works better, especially on National Heroscape Day.

I see quote unquote little events draw in fewer players. But something like NHSD ranks second behind Gencon. Bigger seems better because people will come from far away to play.

Also, from my own experience, the first tournament I ever played in was NHSD last year. And what drew me to that, apart from the overwhelming support of the local community to encourage new players to the tournament scene (props to DrL), was the fact it's a National day devoted to the Heroscape game. I mean, how cool is that??!!

I think unless the smaller events are actually held in FLGS's, then the smaller venues really won't matter as far as the good press for the game or drawing in new players is concerned. Look at Saturday, we got no exposure except for a few curious looks in the Library.

That would be different in the FLGS, I think. So unless we're actually promoting the event with signage and posters and whatnot, then a bigger venue is much better. Of course, if we have all that promotional stuff, then smaller might be better. After proofreading my post, I don't guess I really answered anything.

But hey, bigger is fun - especially on NHSD!

Just my two cents.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 20th, 2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:36 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

Well I'll get with my Midwest buddies and well try and get somethin going,
probly not a tourney since were havin the Nebraska Skirmish II in Nov.

DeadEye
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart

It's official, I'm going to have to be a host and bring NHSD to Virginia!!!!!! I'm going to get DCI sanctioned and everything. Bring on the prizes!
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:04 AM

Does anyone have a link that explains how DCI works? I don't even know what it stands for.

-insert signature here-
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I see quote unquote little events draw in fewer players.
Tip: When writing, you can use the actual quotes around the word instead of typing "quote unquote". But good post; +rep. EDIT: Ok I've repped you too recently, but good post all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Does anyone have a link that explains how DCI works? I don't even know what it stands for.
HERE ya go.
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:25 AM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart

bam

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...nction/welcome

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day