Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 14th, 2022, 04:11 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!
Delmarva Heroscapers: Casual Event 8/21/2022

CALLING ALL DELMARVA HEROSCAPERS

It's been over a decade since I was active on the forums under a different user name which I've long since forgot. At that time and up until very recently I only played HeroScape with a small group of family and friends. With all the excitement surrounding Age of Annihilation now seems like as good of a time as ever to reach out to fellow Scapers in and around the Delmarva area (for those unfamiliar: Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia). My hope is to have enough players interested to host events monthly at Portals Games & Comics in Salisbury Maryland and/or other FLGS in the area such as the Portals location in Easton Maryland. Anyone out there that's interested whether you haven't played in years, never stopped playing, or have never played before please don't hesitate to reach out and join us in bringing this epic game back to life! See details below about our first ever event!

Casual Event Sunday, August 21st 2022

Place
Portals Games & Comics, 8249B Dickerson Ln, Salisbury, MD 21804

Date
Sunday, August 21st 2022.

note: my apologies to everyone for not announcing this until 1 week before the event date. In the future I'll announce much further in advance!

Time
11:30am - 5:30pm

Format
Kill Em' All
460 points
24 hex starting zone
24 figure limit

note: all attendees with the exception of myself at the time of writing this are not bringing their own armies so I'll be bringing 9 prebuilt fairly balanced themed armies of varying complexity from which we can all choose, please feel free to bring your own if you want to! At this time no Marvel or VC, official classic scape only.

Pairings
Depending on turnout we will use a Swiss system, matching players with similar records as games are played throughout the afternoon.

Maps
Highways & Dieways
Battlefield 23

note: these maps were chosen to reduce setup time as I'll be bringing them with me already built. If the number of attendees increases I'll build more maps to support.

Glyphs

Each map will contain 2 power glyphs each selected at random and flipped power side up after armies are selected and prior to placing figures.

Lodin (+1 D20 rolls)
Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Ulaniva (Unique Attack +1)
Wannock (Wound)

What To Bring
As I mentioned above I'll have 9 prebuilt armies at the event for players that don't bring their own. I'll also be bringing order markers, wound markers, dice, etc. Everything necessary for playing the game, outside of that bring whatever you think you might need!

Prizes & Entry Fees
For this event we will not have prizes or entry fees. As our community grows this is something we can implement for future events!

Last edited by gbizzy; August 14th, 2022 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Text not spaced properly
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:24 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Delmarva Heroscapers: Casual Event 8/21/2022

Is there a prize for driving 2 hours for the event? JK JK. I'll see you there. I'll bring my own army. That is, of course if my collection is still intact enough to form a reasonably synergized army.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old August 16th, 2022, 12:25 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Is there a prize for driving 2 hours for the event? JK JK. I'll see you there. I'll bring my own army. That is, of course if my collection is still intact enough to form a reasonably synergized army.
A "Furthest Distance Traveled" trophy is a great idea haha
Old August 21st, 2022, 06:19 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Just had a blast @gbizzy 's even in Salisbury! Shoutouts to the guys for being great sportsmen and making the event a truly relaxing and simultaneously exciting way to get back into scape for the first time in 10-12 years.

Had a new to heroscape face at the event too. Welcome to him (he's not on the forum yet).

Can't remember having that much fun playing Kato Katsuro and the Ashigaru and against two armies I've never faced before!

Shoutout to @gbizzy for the taking the time to organize the event, reaching out to make everyone aware of it, and bringing a lot of energy to the game!

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old August 21st, 2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Just had a blast @gbizzy 's even in Salisbury! Shoutouts to the guys for being great sportsmen and making the event a truly relaxing and simultaneously exciting way to get back into scape for the first time in 10-12 years.

Had a new to heroscape face at the event too. Welcome to him (he's not on the forum yet).

Can't remember having that much fun playing Kato Katsuro and the Ashigaru and against two armies I've never faced before!

Shoutout to @gbizzy for the taking the time to organize the event, reaching out to make everyone aware of it, and bringing a lot of energy to the game!

Thank you for the kind words and for making the drive out man. It was really awesome watching you play the Ashigaru especially since I've never personally used them before, that's about to change lol.

Needless to say we'll be doing more events in the future and I couldn't be more excited!
Old August 21st, 2022, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbizzy View Post
Quote:

Thank you for the kind words and for making the drive out man. It was really awesome watching you play the Ashigaru especially since I've never personally used them before, that's about to change lol.

Needless to say we'll be doing more events in the future and I couldn't be more excited!
I'd offer to give you a more involved demonstration but now that you've seen me play, you know what I'll do. Hmm, bring the challenge. Only the next time, let's play at 1000+ points. I'll bring the full battalion. You bring yours.

We're gonna need a bigger map.

Old August 21st, 2022, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd offer to give you a more involved demonstration but now that you've seen me play, you know what I'll do. Hmm, bring the challenge. Only the next time, let's play at 1000+ points. I'll bring the full battalion. You bring yours.

Haha, I love it! I'll either have to bring stuff to setup on the massive table at Portals or just do an event at my house. I'll have to do some thinking on what to use against 1000pts of Samurais & Ashigaru 🤔
Old August 22nd, 2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, I love it! I'll either have to bring stuff to setup on the massive table at Portals or just do an event at my house. I'll have to do some thinking on what to use against 1000pts of Samurais & Ashigaru 🤔
I'm kidding about that point size. It completely favors me. Unless you brought some area attacks like dragons Braxis, Chardris stuff like that. That could get hairy for me real fast. Crowd control basically.

Old August 22nd, 2022, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm kidding about that point size. It completely favors me. Unless you brought some area attacks like dragons Braxis, Chardris stuff like that. That could get hairy for me real fast. Crowd control basically.
Zelrig 🔥😎
Old August 23rd, 2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zelrig 🔥😎

Old August 23rd, 2022, 09:45 AM

acon is surprisingly tart

I'm in Frederick, MD and might be able to attend once in a while. I'm three hours away though
Old August 23rd, 2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acon View Post
I'm in Frederick, MD and might be able to attend once in a while. I'm three hours away though
That would be awesome! I'm planning one out for the end of September since we had such a good turnout at the first event. Unfortunately because of our area most people have to take an all day trip to get anywhere lol. As more people from the area join the community I'm hoping we can hold events at various locations on Delmarva.

By the way, I'm also planning on attending another event posted in the events thread, it's near College Park MD.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events