Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Tagawa Samurai

The Book of Tagawa Samurai
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - "Lawmen and Samurai"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Even though their reputations as formidable assassins preceded their arrival in Valhalla, the Tagawa Samurai have proven to be even faster, more ferocious and deadly than their adversaries expected. These disciplined warriors believe that their victims' spirits deserve the highest honor and are united with their own, adding to their collective strength. In addition to this honored code of offense, the Tagawa, much like their Izumi bothers, are artful masters of the riposte: the lightning-quick, deadly-accurate counterstrike. The Tagawa Samurai go into battle expecting death; ironically, it is this very mindset that has been the heart of the Samurai code for centuries and which has allowed them many victories. (Hasbro)
    Yes, the only time the Tagawa’s Counter Strike is negated is against other Samurai. All other figures that have counterstrike can still be affected by it unless otherwise stated on their card. (Hasbro FAQ)]

- BLOODLUST : Destroying A Figure With Counterstrike
    If a Tagawa Samurai destroys a figure with a Counter Strike roll, can I add an Experience Marker for Bloodlust?
    Yes. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - HATAMOTO TARO : Heroic Defense Aura
    As Samurai, Tagawa Samurai may benefit from Hatamoto Taro’s HEROIC DEFENSE AURA

- KATO KATSURO : Kato Katsuro's Command
    As a Samurai Squad, the Tagawa Samurai may benifit from Kato Katsuro's KATO KATSURO'S COMMAND activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Disciplined personality, Tagawa Samurai may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS
    *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Tagawa Samurai- Quite possibly the best melee squad in the game, a band of angry Tagawa Samurai can be scary.
A high cost keeps them in check, however. B

Tagawa Samurai
Markers for Disengage Damage? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=829
Boosting Counterstrike? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=768
Markers Stay if Resurrected? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1857
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 02:41 PM. Reason: VC Synergy added
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:28 AM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
I've used the Tagawa in my past few games and have had incredible luck. The last game they destroyed the following figures before going down to Kaemon Awa: Finn, 1xKnights of Weston, and Krug! After killing the knights and Finn with counterstrikes, I then went and got the high ground on Krug and destroyed him without even getting attacked back! Tagawas rule! I'd say the best samurai squad.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I love the Tagawa, but they never work for me. They die just as fast as they get markers and thus can never start doing the heavy damage.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
My exprience is much the same. In the Taro build I play, the samurai were gunned down WAY to quickly by 4th Mass. They die to range VERY easily. If you could get them in base it's AWESOME, but you have to play VERY smart to get the close.

They make a great unit to protect your backfield though, if you have one. If an opposing figure goes after Taelord/Raelin/Taro, the Tagawa can provide some excellent offensive defense.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:02 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
I am thinking next game of taking these guys after sending Thorgrim and Finn out to get killed (wow.. that sounds really mean.)

That is 280 points to get a squad that starts at 4 attack and had 6 defense and has the potential to get up to 7 attack.

The 220 points left over should be able to get me some good range figures to force a rush into the samurai's waiting swords.
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:57 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by riledguy
I am thinking next game of taking these guys after sending Thorgrim and Finn out to get killed (wow.. that sounds really mean.)

That is 280 points to get a squad that starts at 4 attack and had 6 defense and has the potential to get up to 7 attack.

The 220 points left over should be able to get me some good range figures to force a rush into the samurai's waiting swords.
Don't forget Eldgrim! For just 30 points the Tiny Tarn can give these guys a move of 7, which gives them first strike against nearly any melee figure in the game, and second strike against nearly every ranged unit.
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Don't forget Eldgrim! For just 30 points the Tiny Tarn can give these guys a move of 7, which gives them first strike against nearly any melee figure in the game, and second strike against nearly every ranged unit.
I considered this but I feel that is too many points for the added speed since I have already committed more then half to so few units. I suppose it I have enough ranged power and had the 30 left over I would grab him.
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:27 AM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart
If my first Tagawa Samurai destroys an opponent's figure does my second Samurai immediately get the benefit of the Experience Marker or does that kick in when I use them the next time?

I wanted to get the benefit immediately but I felt sorry for my brother so I let it go until the next round.

Old September 7th, 2007, 06:15 AM

Bl00DDeMoN has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard
If my first Tagawa Samurai destroys an opponent's figure does my second Samurai immediately get the benefit of the Experience Marker or does that kick in when I use them the next time?

I wanted to get the benefit immediately but I felt sorry for my brother so I let it go until the next round.
I'd say it works immediately. You kill one, put a marker, so with the next you attack what is on your card. 3+1 from marker.

My map creations

"Bravery calls my name
In the sound of the wind in the night
My sword will drink blood
And I will fight, Yes I will fight
In the dawn of battle"
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:10 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
I just finished a game which came down my Deathwalker 8000 and a lone Tagawa vs. four Einar Imperium, Marcus and five Roman Legionnaires.

The birdmen managed to take out the Deathwalker, but they all died in the effort. With a fully empowered, 6-attack, 5-defense counterstriking Japanese monster, I went hunting for Romans. Ran down Marcus and the lone Roman he was leading, and killed them. Went after the remaining squad of Legionnaires and killed three of them before falling to a spear thrust from the last Roman, the last man standing.

That's why I play Heroscape.
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM

phrost Woo who?
the viking bros only give thier special to UH so dont bother wasting it on squads...uniqie or not...
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrost
the viking bros only give thier special to UH so dont bother wasting it on squads...uniqie or not...
Actually, the Viking Spirits CAN be used on unique squads; after the game I just played I was planning on fielding a Thorgrim/samurai army next.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units