Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

View Poll Results: RSVP for NHSD:
Yes, I am attending. 3 25.00%
Yes, I am attending and bringing +1 player 3 25.00%
Yes, I am attending and bringing +2 players (or more) 3 25.00%
Sorry I cannot make it. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8th, 2014, 01:56 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

I'm heading out now. I might not be able to make it there until 12:15 though.

~Dysole, excited
Old November 9th, 2014, 04:08 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart
Re: 2014 Portland NHSD - Details

Thanks for putting this on obfuscatedhippo! Lots of fun as usual.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Round1: I used 2 ogre pulverizrs on clash of the catacombs, then I looked and seen a siege and then 2 more ogre pulverizers from WqK. I said out loud my pulverizers couldn't destroy siege.... In the whole game my first ogre put 2 wounds on siege, he was the only one as all the other pulverizers fell to counterstrike..... Cheers to Longy418 for bringing a perfect hero.

Round2: I used cyprien,sonya, nerak and rygarn and led out with nerak and hit the first 2 traps and this cost me as Dysoles cyprien grabbed 3 glyphs, my Nerak made it out but cyprien never caught up to Q. warwitch to stop her.

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.

Last edited by ROADRAGE; November 9th, 2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: details
Old November 9th, 2014, 10:45 AM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for putting this on @obfuscatedhippo and @Nomad and congratulations to @Longy418 for winning it all.

I went 0-2 in free for all and 2-1 in 1vs1

My 1,000 point army

Tul-Bak-Ra
Krug
Oger Pulverizer x 2
Nerak
Me-Burq-Sa
Swog Rider
Death Chasers x 5
Krav Maga Agents

Round #1 hunger games vs Roadrage and Longy418

I played Ogre Pulverizer x 2 this was the fastest I have ever died I dealt 0 wounds and was counter struck for 8 wounds.

Round #2 catacombs vs Robdaman,Nomad and Longy

I played Tu-Bak-Ra,Krug and Oger Pulverizer. I led with Tul-Bak-Ra and grabed a treasure glyph and meanwhile longy had grabbed a couple of glyphs with his ninja army now this is were things get great longy makes a run for my start zone with moriko gets within 4 spaces but gets smashed bye my pulverizer I then pickup his 2 t-glyphs with tul-bak-ra who now has 3 and make a dash for is start zone I teleport away from everybody and get within 4 spaces of longy startzone but nomad had 1 order marker on the frost giant gets engaged with my tul-bak-ra and rolls 4 skulls out of 4 dice dead tul-bak-ra now longy grabs the glyphs with isamu and runs back to my start zone were my krug was waiting for him I get one chance to kill him I roll 1 skull he misses vanish but rolls one shield I attack again rolling 2 skulls but he gets vanish and escapes with all the t-glyphs. Sorry nomad and robdaman has I didn't really watch what was going on your side of the map.

Round #3 vs Longy on Mohican Foerst of Shadows

My army

Nerak
Me-Burq-sa
Swog Rider
Death Chasers (5)
Krav Maga Agents

Longy army

Vulcanmech Incendianborgs
Quorik Warwitch
Salind
Beakface Sneaks (4)
Otonashi

I led out with death chasers toward the middle of the map and while longy led out with the beakface sneaks then I brought out the krav to try and get at the hot bots on the high ground near his startzone he then brought out quorik warwitch to get my krav he didn't have much luck however I didn't have much luck trying to kill his warwitch we exchanged losses for a while then longy moved out the hot bots and got a 4 skull blast with flamethrower killing 1 death chaser and nerak on high ground then gunned down 2 more death chasers I then attacked back with me-burq-sa and three death chasers wiping out the hot bots and then it was just clean up after that. I finished with a full life me-burq-sa , swog rider , 7 death chasers and 2 krav.

Round # 4 vs @Nomad on wampa cavern. This was a fantastic match full of suspense all the way to the very end.

My army

Nerak
Me-Burq-Sa
Swog Rider
Death Chasers (5)
Krav Maga Agents

Nomads army

Vulcanmech Incendianborgs
Havach Eradicators (3)
Marro Warriors
Otonashi

I led out with krav toward the left of the map and middle Nomad led out whith hot bots we exchanged shots as nomad slowly made is way toward my start zone he got pretty close before I finished 2 hot bots off however this is were my biggest mistake of the game happened I still had 2 krav left but one was engaged to the last hot bot but I left my other krav agent behind the one engaged I shot down with 2 attacks of 4 but failed to kill the hot bot he then used flamethrower and only rolled 1 skull so I blocked with the engaged krav but then whiffed withthe other krav ; I then killed the last hot bot with my death chasers and started moving up the right hill while nomad moved up havachs to meet me I got first strike with me-burq-sa but missed nomad then engaged one death chaser and left the other 2 on high ground to shoot down at me-burq-sa he killed the death chaser and got off 4 shots with the other 2 havachs killing me-burq- sa and one more death chaser nomad did end up losing one havech from shooting;

to be continued

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5

Last edited by White Q Knight; November 9th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old November 9th, 2014, 12:37 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks Nomad and Obfuscated for organizing this. I really enjoyed the variety on the scenarios. Nice to see some newcomers at the event. Both daughters had a blast and are looking forward to the next event. I think David may have left his sunglasses, I will bring them next time. And thanks to hyground for bringing some of their product and demoing it. Looks better in person.
Old November 9th, 2014, 08:53 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Thanks everyone .. the Seattle contingent has returned home.

Very fun event, thanks for trying a few new scenarios and maps.

I didn't take too many pics but here are a few from the day:

And look what I found in the HyGround samples!!!

I will post more details later. Peace, *Kai
Old November 9th, 2014, 10:28 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Unfortunately i wasn't able to come this year because i was busy. It looks like you guys had had a lot of fun.
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Great event but boy my HS knowledge is rusty. I did fairly well but it was really just luck of the dice. Havech Eradicators aside other parts of my army were taking things down. Must play more games this coming year. I took a few photos, hopefully they look ok.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 11th, 2014, 07:08 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Battle Reporting

Draft pool:

Cyprien
Sonya
Quorik Warwitch
Rygarn
B-11 Resistance Corps
Raelin (RotV)
Ashigaru Harquebus x3
Marro Dividers x3
Marro Warriors
Kyntela Gwyn
Otonashi

Seeing a lack of B-11s on the restricted list, realizing how good Cyprien could be in Clash, and realizing how fun Quorik + Rygarn would be for Hunger Games, and then realizing Raelin + B stuff would be the pool started to form.

Hunger Games

Quorik and Rygarn vs. master of disaster (Alistair and Hawthorne) vs. robbdaman (Cyprien and Sonya)

Almost went Cyp and Sonya but decided to go the fun route and then realized everybody was melee except for me. (Go Quorik!) Cyprien started things out by chilling Hawthorne and then getting beaten on by the Warwitch. A lot of back and forth happened and Quorik and Rygarn survived WAY too much (Rygarn rolled back to back 19s on Alistair attacks that should have ended him) and I fell just barely before Sonya finished off Alistair. Very close match and I instilled a new hatred of the Warwitch in some players.

Clash in the Catacombs

Cyprien, Quorik, Rygarn vs. master of disaster (Alistair, Hawthorne, Q10) vs. obfuscatedhippo (Wyvern, Akumaken, Eltahale) vs. ROADRAGE (Nerak, Rygarn, Cyprien, Sonya)

So the perfect storm of events happened to allow Cyprien to make it out with 3 glyphs. I only rolled one trap, ROADRAGE's Nerak rolled 3, MoD's Hawthorne betrayed him on the first turn giving me free reign of the left side of the map, and then whenever MoD attacked Cyp with the wandering Anubians he kept rolling 3 or 2 or something. Eltahale made it out with 2 and Nerak finally made it out with 2 more. Quorik grabbed the last glyph and made a mad dash. Several Rechet attacks and a Cyprien attack were not enough and Quorik fluttered out.

For the next three rounds I played Raelin, Rygarn, B-11, Ashigaru x3, Marro Warriors.

First round vs. ROADRAGE (Death Chaser x6, Raelin, MBS, Nerak) on Flash Fire

I knew this would be a tough one and an attack glyph in the middle of the board didn't make my job any easier. It took him way longer to kill Raelin than it should have and Ashigaru managed to kill quite a few orcs in response. Once Raelin feel things went downhill pretty quickly as he was able to swarm into my start zone. I managed to mount a comeback but bringing Raelin forward and some timely defense rolls from MBS gave him the victory with 3 Chasers and Raelin left. Rygarn was the last to fall failing his Temporal Jump.

Second round vs. William099 (Charos, Greenscales x3, Heirloom, Marcu) on Mohican Forest of Shadows

W099 thought I was going to go Cyprien so my beautiful plan of making it look like I would usually draft him worked. I set up a nice little pod and picked off greenscales with Harqs giving the occasional pot shot to Char Char. Meanwhile he tried to chip away Raelin and it took him even longer than it took ROADRAGE. By the time he managed to kill Raelin, he'd lost all his greenies and Char Char was at half health. WTF took care of Charos and Heirloom. I switched over to Marro Warriors for hunting down Marcu for speed and then once Marcu got tied up on my side switched to B-11s. Marcu betrayed W099 flew down into water and took 4 attacks from the B-11s to die.

Third round vs. Piper (Skeletonsx3, Sonya, Iskra, Rechets) on Wampa Cavern

This game was punctuated by a lot of Welcome to Nightvale references as we both discovered another fan of the bizarre podcast. The rechets killed Raelin on her first turn but then were summarily wait then fired to death. The skeletons tried to go around but I managed to set up a firing squad with the Harqs and was picking them off pretty regularly. Eventually the skeleton horde ended and I was able to pick off Sonya (Iskra had fallen to earlier Ashigaru).

Walked away with two squads of Microcorp Troopers (possibly my favorite VC squad). It was fun. Thanks for putting this on guys.

~Dysole, who can't wait for the next one

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day