Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Hexes in Texas 2010: A National Heroscape Day event - 10

Whatevers....I never b!tch about anything.....ever.

I am bitter...I admit it. Damn NFL!!!!

OK I sent off a PM to the non forum regulars like Aahz in hopes that it dings their email.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:47 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Ry, I am thinking really seriously about taking my son to see this in action. Neither of us will play, but we'd love to come hang out for awhile.

Old September 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM

Armageddon has disabled reputation

1. R˙chean
  2. FencerJared
  3. Podwest
  4. Guns Mahoney
  5. Lord Trask
  6. killergoat72
  7. CheddarLimbo
  8. Dignan
  9. Panopticon
  10. Vertigosmooth
  11. Erasmus
  12. Ratnic
  13. Rym
  14. AnubianWolf88
  15. Gladdragon
  16. SonlenMaster
  17. Rodriquez
  18. Barrott
  19. Asbesar
  20. Velenne
  21. Tmac2200
  22. Tmacdad
  23. Jaramillohector
  24. Raven
  25. Moonwalker
  26. DrLivingston
  27. BroInLaw
  28. Fenix
  29. Dissolutio
  30. Sgt. Billie
  31. Killzone
  32. Jay Cain
  33. Nancy Cain
  34. YaegerWolf
  35. YaegerLuch
  36. HiTech126
  37. Armageddon
13 spots to go...

Great Traders: Hilo-scaper, Dicemaster, InfinityMax, Rodriquez, Tmac2200
Old September 22nd, 2010, 07:58 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

So, you guys think the new wave will make it's way into a lot of armies this year? I'm kinda up in the air on my army ( I have way too many ideas, I wish I could ever decide once and for all what I'm playing) and I was just wondering if it will be a lot of the same old armies are if we will see lots of new armies. I'm assuming the warforged may be popular, but after Dr. L mentioned it and Braxas on here people may get scared to bring them, hehe. I like the goblins a lot, but I'de be scared to bring them and play 3 Zelrig armies(just my luck). Anyway, just wondering.

Dustin

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been thinking about my army more, and some stuff from the latest wave is definitely on the short list of builds to accompany my vipers.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; September 22nd, 2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:53 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
So, you guys think the new wave will make it's way into a lot of armies this year?
Well, since Velenne got R˙chean to sign that form last year saying that he'd never bring rats, krav, or Raelin to a tournament again, I would guess that he'll bring some new stuff. He's been working on a Drow Chainfighter/Shurrak army. It's pretty awesome. Shurrak knocks figures back and then the chainfighter grabs them and pulls them back to shurrak. Rym still can't figure out how to beat that combo.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
So, you guys think the new wave will make it's way into a lot of armies this year?
Well, since Velenne got R˙chean to sign that form last year saying that he'd never bring rats, krav, or Raelin to a tournament again, I would guess that he'll bring some new stuff. He's been working on a Drow Chainfighter/Shurrak army. It's pretty awesome. Shurrak knocks figures back and then the chainfighter grabs them and pulls them back to shurrak. Rym still can't figure out how to beat that combo.
Dude, what the hell are you talking about? I've never even played against that. But it sounds...freakin' awesome!! A Ping-pong army. I love it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; September 22nd, 2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Obviously you attack Shurrak until he dies. Duh. ;)
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Dude, what the hell are you talking about? I've never even played against that. But it sounds...freakin' awesome!! A Ping-pong army. I love it.

Ha, I'de love to see that army in action

I was just wondering because I'm torn as far as units go for this NHSD. There are lots of older units I love to play(and play constantly) but I like a lot of newer units as well. It's a very tough decision, hehe.

I'm also one of those guys that like to use a lot of personal favorite type units that some people wouldn't call competitive, but I'm convinced can be if used properly. That being said, I just haven't figured how yet, ha. It's just hard for me to just think competitively about armies, I've probably made 10 stinger armies for every tournament and just cannot play any of them(boring...). My army tastes just dont fit my competitive mentality, I love to win and hate losing, but hate using some of the really competitive units. Not saying that some of my favs aren't in that list, just a lot aren't. Anyway, I just got my butt handed to me 3 out of 5 games last night and now I'm over thinking my options.

Dustin

</IMG>

Last edited by vertigosmooth; September 22nd, 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: DOH!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:51 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Trolling Rym now? Cruel and unusual.

I really think we'll see the new stuff, bits and pieces at least. But I haven't seen anything (save the lizards and elementals) that look like they would be the core of squad-based army. But I haven't looked too hard (yet) at the warforged armies.

I also suspect that there is a lot of PM'ing that'll go on in the week before the tournament, as people try to borrow what they've been proxying - I may be guilty of that, myself. I mean, who can afford 10x fire elementals?

Heh heh.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

GENTLEMEN...
  1. R˙chean
  2. FencerJared
  3. Podwest
  4. Guns Mahoney
  5. Lord Trask
  6. killergoat72
  7. CheddarLimbo
  8. Dignan
  9. Panopticon
  10. Vertigosmooth
  11. Erasmus
  12. Ratnic
  13. Rym
  14. AnubianWolf88
  15. Gladdragon
  16. SonlenMaster
  17. Rodriquez
  18. Barrott
  19. Asbesar
  20. Velenne
  21. Tmac2200
  22. Tmacdad
  23. Jaramillohector
  24. Raven
  25. Moonwalker
  26. DrLivingston
  27. BroInLaw
  28. Fenix
  29. Dissolutio
  30. Sgt. Billie
  31. Killzone
  32. Jay Cain
  33. Nancy Cain
  34. YaegerWolf
  35. YaegerLuch
  36. HiTech126
  37. Armageddon
  38. Dr. Weirdscaper
Old September 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Woo Hoo!

12 to go...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Trolling Rym now? Cruel and unusual.

I really think we'll see the new stuff, bits and pieces at least. But I haven't seen anything (save the lizards and elementals) that look like they would be the core of squad-based army. But I haven't looked too hard (yet) at the warforged armies.

I also suspect that there is a lot of PM'ing that'll go on in the week before the tournament, as people try to borrow what they've been proxying - I may be guilty of that, myself. I mean, who can afford 10x fire elementals?

Heh heh.

AW88
Speaking of elementals, by looking at a few of the maps(especially the one with all the pine trees) whoever is gonna bring Kurrok better be very careful of how they use him, because line of sight is gonna be tough. I'de love to bring goblins, but I just know they will have some really tough matchups there.

Dustin

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day