Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old June 26th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: (INCOMPLETE) Heroscape Tile RESIN CASTING Tutorial

Thanks for taking the time putting this together. I'll be watching for more updates and may give it a try once it is done.

Although -- why the "X" on the thumbnail?
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:52 PM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Although -- why the "X" on the thumbnail?
Cuz it's cool :P

Honestly, I got bored with a sharpie one day, kinda liked it, and have been doing it ever since.

I didn't paint my fingernails pink tho... they're stained from hair dye. I ran outta gloves. My hands were discolored for a week.

Last edited by Izner; June 26th, 2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old July 28th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Are you still working on this?
Old August 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

I cant wait to see this finished. I saw your other thread showing off what you had done, and have wanted to do this ever since, but was afraid to totally screw up on the whole thing.
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:10 PM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

That's one of the nice things about this kinda project. The tiles use so little resin that you can afford to make mistakes. Getting the pigment combination correct is one of the hardest parts, and takes some patience.

Will be attacking this tutorial this weekend. Should be finishing it off.
Details later!

Old October 8th, 2010, 11:41 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey what happened to the Cooking with Izner show, did it get canceled out of bordome or forgetfulness?
Old October 11th, 2010, 09:16 PM

millermixture is surprisingly tart

Would it be less expensive to use epoxy clay to do this. I imagine it would make the under side a little easier to manage so they would stack on the tile under it.
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:21 PM

HSLuv Woo who?

I'm confused as to what this accomplishes

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Hey what happened to the Cooking with Izner show, did it get canceled out of bordome or forgetfulness?
Yes, I eagerly await the finished tutorial. I really want some lava, and this is the most comprehensive thread I've seen dealing with this.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:41 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Yes, I eagerly await the finished tutorial. I really want some lava, and this is the most comprehensive thread I've seen dealing with this.
Hmm... Christmas is right around the corner, and all these supplies would make an excellent present, but I would like to know how to properly use the resin.
Old November 20th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

There are a ton of tutorials on how to use resin and all that. Most of the major work here is done and you can piece together what you might need from other sources. GreyOwl's Molding & Casting tutorial for one and plenty on Youtube and various sites online.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 20th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
There are a ton of tutorials on how to use resin and all that. Most of the major work here is done and you can piece together what you might need from other sources. GreyOwl's Molding & Casting tutorial for one and plenty on Youtube and various sites online.
Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles