Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 25th, 2023, 02:40 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: OEAO's Maps: Map Update Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Now that’s a Fire Isles map I’d actually be happy/willing to play on. Great improvement imo.
You're welcome as well. I'm planning to bring this is HexiCon (as I'm the the pushed him to get his revised version out sooner). I've got other maps to get updated, and I needed a replacement of some kind for Fire Isles

Having played on it recently, It reinforced why I'm not actually a fan of the map. I was going to bring fire isles because, as I understood it, the general consensus was that people liked it. So it came down to either use Mike's updated version or find another Rise+Lava. Luckily that pushed him to get the update out lol.
Old March 2nd, 2023, 08:05 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: OEAO's Maps: Soggy Crossings

Soggy Crossings
1x SotM, 1x FotA, 1x TJ

3/2/23

Inspired by Nomad's Savage Corridor, Soggy Crossings is my take on a similar map shape using the same sets.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 01:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I dig this map, though I'm not sure about the level 3 road hexes; they seem like road bumps to me more than anything else.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 6th, 2023, 08:32 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Soggy Crossings
1x SotM, 1x FotA, 1x TJ

3/2/23

Inspired by Nomad's Savage Corridor, Soggy Crossings is my take on a similar map shape using the same sets.
I was about to write it reminds me a lot of Savage Corridor lol. Looks good. I like the swamp water in the middle, I think it opens up interesting doors for units with water/swamp water abilities when you have some spaces that aren’t level 0. And I like the glyphs areas, the nearby jungle helps contest the 7 hex height and the 7 hex height helps combating range setting up to the left of the glyph (closest in the pic).
Old April 17th, 2023, 10:14 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: OEAO's Maps: 38 New Maps

I'm very excited to drop two batches of maps. Thanks goes to GameBear for the VS files for all these maps!

First are two mirror versions of older maps: Badru Valley and Mirocco. Badru Valley joins Fire Isles and Healing Waters in my map update series, whereas Mirocco joins Soggy Crossings in my "inspired by" series. Thanks to superfrog for the images and pdfs!

Second is my half map project. Thanks to GameBear for all his help, and Flash_19 for the images and pdfs!

Enjoy!

Map Update Series:

Badru Valley: OEAO Edition
1x RotV, 2x RttFF

Original Design by GameBear

Original Designs Inspired by Other Maps:

Mirocco
2x BftU, 1x TJ

Inspired by Sirocco by mad_wookiee

Half-Map Project:

Requires: 1x SotM, 0-2 expansions (your choice!).

Combine the Half-Map Startzones with any 1 Northside and any 1 Southside to create 1 out of 36 possible maps! The Northsides and Southsides perfectly split 1x SotM. And each one either uses no expansion or exactly 1 expansion.

NOTE: the start zones of the resulting maps will be the back 3 rows. The "startzones" file is the initial building block that contains the majority of the start zones, and is always used. Sorry for the slightly confusing naming!

Here's what it will look like (starting points at top and bottom, Northside to the right, Southside to the left):

Starting Points:

Startzones

Northsides:

No Expansion

1x RttFF

1x FotA

1x TT

1x VW

1x TJ

Southsides:

No Expansion

1x RttFF

1x FotA

1x TT

1x VW

1x TJ

Last edited by OEAO; April 17th, 2023 at 11:09 PM.
Old April 18th, 2023, 09:45 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This half-map project is such a neat idea! I can see it being especially helpful when you are trying to stretch your terrain to make just one more map, which is where I was yesterday evening setting up a three-headed hydra team battle. We had one more map to make, but only had 1x SotM, 1x Marvel, and half of a FotA (we made it work). I'll definitely keep this handy for next time.
Old April 18th, 2023, 12:38 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
This half-map project is such a neat idea! I can see it being especially helpful when you are trying to stretch your terrain to make just one more map, which is where I was yesterday evening setting up a three-headed hydra team battle. We had one more map to make, but only had 1x SotM, 1x Marvel, and half of a FotA (we made it work). I'll definitely keep this handy for next time.
Yeah, it's a very flexible project that can work with just about any terrain someone has on hand!
Old April 18th, 2023, 03:00 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I really love the look of the Badru Valley redo. I don't know if I ever played a game on the original, but the new one looks really organized and fun.
Old April 18th, 2023, 03:45 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I really love the look of the Badru Valley redo. I don't know if I ever played a game on the original, but the new one looks really organized and fun.
ditto

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 18th, 2023, 05:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I really like this! It would be cool to see all 36 map combinations laid out somehow.

I also really like Mirocco and Badru Valley. I'm generally a fan of maps that have left/right assymetry, especially in regards to elevation.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 18th, 2023, 06:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I really like this! It would be cool to see all 36 map combinations laid out somehow.

I also really like Mirocco and Badru Valley. I'm generally a fan of maps that have left/right assymetry, especially in regards to elevation.
Thanks!

I've been informed that this is a possibility. Look for this hopefully sometime next week- I'll make sure to post once they're up.
Old May 3rd, 2023, 06:25 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've really been slacking on stopping in here. I love the mix and match series you put together. It had to have been a hell of an undertaking even if you aren't balancing every combo and, from what I've played around with, most combos seem perfectly fine. I've had Mirrocco built for a few days and can't wait to get a game in. Really great stuff OEAO!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios