Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 13th, 2024, 11:10 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Captain Xue Testing. . .

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Building an army. Weighing Pirate and Hero synergies versus terrain advantaged units within the exact 12 figure requirement has been challenging. Wondering what you all would do . . .

For my March Hosting:

Testing . . . Testing . . .

CAPTAIN XUE
General: Vydar
Human, Unique Hero, Captain, Tricky, Medium 5
Life 5, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 3, Defense 3

CAPTAIN XUE’S EDGE
When a figure you control rolls attack or defense dice for or against a normal attack against an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 20 or higher, that figure adds 1 automatic skull or shield to whatever is rolled. Add 3 to the roll if that figure is Captain Xue or within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue.

TAIYANGFENG SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8, Attack 3
After attacking normally, Captain Xue may attack with Taiyangfeng Special Attack. Choose a figure to attack. All figures adjacent to that figure are affected. Roll defense dice separately.

125 points

The Dirty Dozen Freeze!

Map. Mt. Thaelink’s Saddle V.2 by Nomad. Replace Power Glyphs with Brandar’s Chests.

Blizzard Conditions. Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice rules in effect.

Armies. Team game. 600 points/player. Classic, AoA, C3V, SoV, allowed; no Marvel. Each army must have exactly 12 figures.

Victory Conditions. After 10 Rounds, The team with the most Victory Points (VPs) wins. VPs awarded as follows:

1 VP for each Brandar’s Chest in your Start Zone. It need not be in your possession, but must not be in an opponent’s.

3 VPs for the most figures killed by a single player, as opposed to an entire team.

2 VPs for the second most figures killed by a single player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"And now for something completely different!"
--Monty Python

Interesting scenario for March. Just when I think we've tried it all over the last 17 years or so, someone comes up with something Completely Different.

Got a link to the map? Can others also use Captain Xue, or would you rather not?

(When you changed the name of her first power, I thought I might have to disqualify her from my game next week. But as long as that first power benefits an ally/crew who is a Warrior or Soldier, I'll allow her in the scenario theme as a 'Leader' of Soldiers/Warriors).
As requested, the link to the map: Mt. Thaelink’s Saddle V.2

And a picture:

I have no problem with others fielding armies containing Captain Xue if they wish.

P.S.: The format for this scenario, a set number of figures in each army and victory determined by the number of figures destroyed, appears to be new and unique. The meta for such a format may be significantly different and Power Rankings for it would be interesting to see. In any event, I'll be trying out variants of it in the future.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 14th, 2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old January 16th, 2024, 05:27 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Captain Xue Testing - Latest News

Well met!

See Gang thread for latest on 1/17 playtest.

Still curious about what others would draft with Captain Xue as she currently exists.

CAPTAIN XUE
General: Vydar
Human, Unique Hero, Captain, Tricky, Medium 5
Life 5, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 3, Defense 3

CAPTAIN XUE’S EDGE
When a figure you control rolls attack or defense dice for or against a normal attack against an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 20 or higher, that figure adds 1 automatic skull or shield to whatever is rolled. Add 3 to the roll if that figure is Captain Xue or within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue.
TAIYANGFENG SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8, Attack 3
After attacking normally, Captain Xue may attack with Taiyangfeng Special Attack. Choose a figure to attack. All figures adjacent to that figure are affected. Roll defense dice separately.

125 points

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion