Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 2nd, 2015, 04:17 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker
Zombiscape

So a while back I was happy that C3G released a form of Zombies for Superscape. At the time I wasn’t able to find the figures that were used for them. So after some time on the internet I discovered Zombicide and saw the potential for something awesome. I bought the original base game and another expansion and gave the game by itself a shot. I enjoyed it but at the same time I felt like it could be better. I had gotten the idea to make a full scale Zombie apocalypse map based off of a variation of a map I found on ToyChop.

https://toychop.wordpress.com/2011/0...-heroclix-map/

I knew the moment I saw it that this would make a great map to play Heroclix or Superscape, although it would be a different playing style for Heroscape. So over time I began building my own map, which is unfortunately still a work in long progress. But while I was building I was debating about how the game would differ and how I could make it the best of both games. The other night I think I was finally able to come up with something that would bring the fun strategy from Heroscape and the gathering chaos of Zombicide into one game.

After some time I decide on starting with the Survivors first since they will be the focal point of the game. I used the description of the character as well as their appearance and their bonuses listed on their cards to come up with their special powers. Now mind you this is still a very rough start to this project and I would like to get some insight on some ideas to try and make this into an interesting game.

So let’s start with the Survivor designs I came up with and some of the equipment glyphs I thought would make the game interesting. First up is….

NAME = AMY

SPECIES - HUMAN
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - SURVIVOR
PERSONALITY - LOYAL

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 5
RANGE - 1
ATTACK - 4
DEFENSE - 4

SWORDPLAY
If Amy attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, she may attack an adjacent figure again. She may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

FIELD MEDIC
After moving and instead of attacking you may choose Amy or an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher you may remove one Wound Marker from the chosen figure's card.

NAME = DOUG

SPECIES - HUMAN
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - SURVIVOR
PERSONALITY - DEDICATED

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 5
RANGE - 5
ATTACK - 4
DEFENSE - 4

TWIN UZI SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.

When Doug attacks with his Twin Uzi Special Attack, he may attack 3 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

SNIPER TARGETING
If Doug does not move this turn, you may add 3 to his Range number and 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled when he attacks a non-adjacent figure.

NAME = JOSH

SPECIES - HUMAN
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - SURVIVOR
PERSONALITY - TRICKY

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 6
RANGE - 5
ATTACK - 4
DEFENSE - 4

QUICK SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.

Figures roll 2 fewer defense dice when defending against Josh's Quick Shot Special Attack. After Josh attacks with Quick Shot Special Attack, he may move up to 3 spaces.

SUPPLY GATHERER
Josh may equip up to 3 Equipment Glyphs at the same time. Josh may move an additional two spaces as long as he ends his move on an equipment glyph.

PHANTOM WALK
Josh can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

NAME = NED

SPECIES - HUMAN
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - SURVIVOR
PERSONALITY - RESOURCEFUL

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 5
RANGE - 6
ATTACK - 4
DEFENSE - 5

CRACK SHOT
If Ned has clear sight on a non-adjacent figure's Target Point, Ned rolls 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

ZOMBIE SURVIVAL EXPERT
Ned may equip up to 4 Equipment Glyphs at the same time and may not lose any glyph by any means unless he is destroyed. When attacking with a Melee Equipment Glyph roll one additional attack die.

NAME = PHIL

SPECIES - HUMAN
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - SURVIVOR
PERSONALITY - CONFIDENT

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 5
RANGE - 5
ATTACK - 4
DEFENSE - 4

NATURAL BORN LEADER
After taking a turn with Phil, if he inflicted one or more wounds with his normal attack this turn, you may take an immediate turn with any other Unique Hero you control within clear sight of Phil, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

AUTO SHOTGUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.

Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by this special attack. Phil only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Phil cannot be affected by this special attack. When Phil attacks with this special attack, he may attack one additional time.

NAME = WANDA

SPECIES - HUMAN
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - SURVIVOR
PERSONALITY - CHEERFUL

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 7
RANGE - 1
ATTACK - 3
DEFENSE - 4

CHAINSAW FRENZY SPECIAL ATTACK Range 1. Attack 6.
When attacking with Wanda’s Chainsaw Frenzy Special Attack all figures adjacent to Wanda are affected. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures, defending figures roll defense dice separately.

DISENGAGE
Wanda is never attacked when leaving engagements.

I was trying to come up with a way in include the cards that come with Zombicide and work them into the Survival aspect of a Zombie apocalypse. The majority give a Survivor an additional ability which keeps them alive longer and can give a melee character a chance to not be surrounded. Here is what I have so far.

Body Armor
When the figure with this glyph would receive one or more wounds from a normal adjacent attack, you may instead destroy this glyph and ignore that attack. The attacking figure's turn immediately ends.

Extra Ammo
When the figure with this glyph attacks a non-adjacent figure with a normal or special attack, they may destroy this glyph and attack one additional time.

Road Flare After moving with this figure you may choose one space 5 clear sight spaces away from the figure’s current position and place the Road Flare Glyph power side up. All Zombies within 5 clear sight spaces must move towards the Road Flare Glyph during their turn. At the end of the Round remove the Road Flare Glyph from the battlefield.

Katana
This figure gains the Swordplay special power. When this figure attacks an adjacent figure with their normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, they may attack an adjacent figure again. They may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

Pistol
When this figure attacks with a normal attack, you may change the Range number on its Army Card to 5 and the Attack number on its Army Card to 3. After attacking normally with this Equipment Glyph, this figure may attack 1 additional time with this Equipment Glyph.

Assault Rifle
This figure gains the Assault Rifle special power. When this figure attacks with their normal attack, you may change the Range number on its Army Card to 6 and the Attack number on its Army Card to 4. After they attack they may attack two additional times. Roll 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack.

Canned Food
After taking a turn with this figure you may destroy this glyph and remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.

GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Lob 8. Attack 3.

Choose a space to attack. Any figure on the chosen space and all figures adjacent to the chosen space are affected. No clear line of sight is needed. After attacking with this Equipment Glyph destroy it.

Public Designs

Last edited by bsbush7690; August 2nd, 2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2015, 11:27 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Zombiscape

Here's a rough draft for the basic Zombies. With each expansion they released different types which I'll add later when I come up with them.

WALKER

SPECIES - ZOMBIE
UNIQUENESS - COMMON HERO
CLASS - ROTTER
PERSONALITY - MINDLESS

LIFE - 1
MOVE - 4
RANGE - 1
ATTACK - 3
DEFENSE - 3

The Walking Dead
After an opponents number order marker is revealed you may move up to 5 Common Zombie Heroes up to 4 spaces each. If a figured moved this way ends it movement adjacent to an enemy figure you may roll 1 unlockable die. If you roll a skull the defending figure receives one wound. Zombies will take leaving engagement attacks if moved this way.

Zombie Infection
If a figure is destroyed by a Zombie, then replace a previously destroyed Common Zombie Hero with the destroyed figure.

RUNNER

SPECIES - ZOMBIE
UNIQUENESS - COMMON HERO
CLASS - RAVAGER
PERSONALITY - RELENTLESS

LIFE - 1
MOVE - 6
RANGE - 1
ATTACK - 3
DEFENSE - 3

Smell Of Blood
Add 2 to this figures movement if it can ends it movement adjacent to an enemy figure. This figure does not receive leaving engagement attacks.

Zombie Infection
If a figure is destroyed by a Zombie, then replace a previously destroyed Common Zombie Hero with the destroyed figure.

FATTY

SPECIES - ZOMBIE
UNIQUENESS - UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS - GLUTTON
PERSONALITY - RELENTLESS

LIFE - 2
MOVE - 4
RANGE -1
ATTACK - 4
DEFENSE - 3

Thick Skin
When defending against a normal non adjacent attack if a skull is rolled, this figure receives 1 automatic shield.

Zombie Infection

ABOMINATION

SPECIES - ZOMBIE
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - TYRANT
PERSONALITY - RELENTLESS

Life - 6
Move - 4
Range - 1
Attack - 7
Defense - 6

Furious Assault
When this figure attacks, it may attack one additional time.

Healing Factor
After taking a turn you may remove one wound marker on this card.

Zombie Infection

SUPER STRENGTH

Public Designs
Old August 3rd, 2015, 09:42 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting idea. The link you posted to the 3D map was one of the inspirations for the maps I built originally before I found more Heroscape tiles in my area.

I'd love to see your maps.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 09:51 AM

Yeah I haven't had the chance to build much of them yet, as I was cutting the foam boards to make the base a lot of them were not cut correctly so they don't fit well together. I am going to invest in a foam board cutter in September and really start focusing on this. I've been coming up with scenarios and missions to make it interesting. I posted this to get some ideas to make better Survivors and get some Zombies that will be a real threat.

Public Designs
Old August 3rd, 2015, 03:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbush7690 View Post
Yeah I haven't had the chance to build much of them yet, as I was cutting the foam boards to make the base a lot of them were not cut correctly so they don't fit well together. I am going to invest in a foam board cutter in September and really start focusing on this. I've been coming up with scenarios and missions to make it interesting. I posted this to get some ideas to make better Survivors and get some Zombies that will be a real threat.
I'm not a Zombie aficionado by any means but from everything that I've noticed the threat from the Zombies is pure numbers so if you want more of a threat...increase their numbers. You have plenty enough archtypes for the Zeeks

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 05:03 PM

Yeah, I was definitely going to avoid the point route and make the Zombies just a mass team that don't use Order Markers since there is no real order with Zombies. I was planning on having Zombies come each round based off a dice roll or some sort of Card System. And he boss like Abomination coming out either once per game or depending on how many Survivors in play once every 5 or 6 rounds almost similar to Zombie game modes on Call of Duty.

Public Designs
Old August 3rd, 2015, 10:29 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

This seems really cool. I recently made a Heroscape Zombie senerio based off of the Zombie Island. It was pretty fun to play. If your interested just search Walking Dead and it should come up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations