Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old November 13th, 2014, 01:12 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Edit: I'm not even to step 5. I think my error might be with 7zip. I choose the downloaded v2.5 files and hit extract and all of them say they cannot be opened.
Edit2: It wouldn't extract with WinZip either. Says that it is unable to process.
Sounds like the download might have been corrupted. Try downloading it again, or try getting it from GitHub instead (zip).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotland_4 View Post
On step 5 of the Installation process I am getting "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination folder path is invalid. Please specify a different path". Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
It might be a permissions problem. On Windows 7 and later the Program Files folder has some protections on it to prevent programs from modifying it. Try extracting the files to your Desktop or Documents and moving them to the proper location manually, or run 7zip "As Administrator".

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm stumped and feel stupid

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:54 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It looks like what I told scotland might apply to you - try extracting to C:/ or your Documents folder and then moving everything to the right location.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old November 16th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That worked.
I'll share my mistake with others: Somehow I was only extracting parts and not the whole, like basic templates only.
To fix this, I deleted my mistakes, extracted the master folder to downloads test folder then cut from there the contents of the master folder to mse data. simply pasting the whole master folder wont work

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 25th, 2014, 07:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I'm gonna try to make a High-Res template for both ROTV and SOTM style cards, but I am having trouble finding higher resolution (300dpi =~ 1500x1400) card blanks for these, other than Aquila, although I remember someone posting it recently I can't remember where or find it in a search. I could just stretch/resize the current backs, but that would defeat the purpose of having high-res printable cards using MSE.
Old November 26th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I already got this idea, but blocked at the same point : no material to make the High-res cards... :/

Good luck and I hope that you'll find them !

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old December 10th, 2014, 07:24 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I recently downloaded the files to make HoSS cards and now whenever I open an normal set, the windows are different sizes and the card window is so small that I can't read the text on the card.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I recently downloaded the files to make HoSS cards and now whenever I open an normal set, the windows are different sizes and the card window is so small that I can't read the text on the card.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Set the Zoom percentage here: Edit\Prefernces\Display. On my screen, the HoSS cards are usually set at 55% while other cards are sett at 100%.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old December 16th, 2014, 01:56 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I'm using the Shieldcrusher templates and I have just one question - how do I fiddle with font size?
Old December 16th, 2014, 09:05 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
I'm using the Shieldcrusher templates and I have just one question - how do I fiddle with font size?
You will need to edit the "style" file for that card type. In your MSE installation, you should have a "data" folder. In there, you should see a folder called something like heroscape.shieldcrusher.mse-style. In that folder you should see a file simply named "style". Open this up in Notepad or another simple text editing program. You will see entries for every image and text field. The text fields will specify a font size.
Here's an example. Be sure to keep the "tab" distances shown (they didn't translate well to this).
Quote:
general:
left: 7
top: 188
width: 125
height: 27
z index: 1
alignment: middle-center shrink overflow
font:
name: LamboHmkBold
size: 16
color: rgb(255,255,255)

The six entries after the text box name (general) set the position, size, and alignment for the text box on the card. Below them are the entries that control the font. You can change the font style, size, and color in these entries. If you are making these changes for one card, you would have to change them back for the others. There is another command that can help with this: scale down to: Add this command under the font size and set it to a lower number. This will allow the font to automatically resize when the amount of text would overflow the field size.

I highly recommend making a back up copy of the "style" file before editing. You will need to make the edits, then open up your card set to see the results. If you need to edit further, make your changes to the "style", save, then close and reopen MSE.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old December 16th, 2014, 01:08 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

But is there any way to change the font of a particular paragraph in the abilities field? My problem is that I can't change the font size of the ability names and ability text separately. They're both just...large. But from what you're saying, it seem like there's no way to do this.
Old December 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
But is there any way to change the font of a particular paragraph in the abilities field? My problem is that I can't change the font size of the ability names and ability text separately. They're both just...large. But from what you're saying, it seem like there's no way to do this.
Outside of Bold and Italics, there is no way I know of to change the font of part of a text field. All the text in the field will be governed by the settings in the style file. You can set the size smaller to start with. You can add extra blank lines after the text to fill the box and force it to shrink. Either way, all the text in a particular field will be a consistent size.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software