Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maryland Multi-player Madness Post tourny thread

Anther tourny has gone by. A great time had by all. Collectors Corner was a great venue. Lots of Heroclicks players commented that the scape terrian looked great, and afterwards the store owner told me lots of them inquired about getting scape and he even had a few orders!

We had 11 players and went for 4 rounds of multi-player action. In the end it was Daddyscaper claiming the tourny win, and the coveted Golden Viking trophy!

1. Daddyscaper 3 wins, 18 victory points. (Crixus, Phantom Knights x3)
2. Johngee 2 wins, 14 victory points. (Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers, Mohicans x2)
3. Kidscaper 1 win, 11 victory points. (Atlaga, Protectors, Ashra x2)
4. Follower of Vydar 1 win, 11 victory points. (Torin, Stingers x3)
5. Daniel 2 wins, 10 victory points. (Keamon Awa, Stingers x3)
6. Phill the thrill 1 win, 9 victory points. (Cyprien, Nakitas, Isamu, Marcu)
7. Einar's Puppy 1 win, 9 victory points. (Venom, Zettians, Rats x2)
8. Mikelizzio 8 victory points. (Cyprien, Sonya, Krav)
9. Xanth 8 victory points. (Cyprien, Mimring)
10. Clancampbell 1 win, 6 victory points. (Nilfheim, Srt. Drake ROTV)
11. Connor (Greater Ice Elemental, Ne-gok-sa, Rats x2)

I think the format worked well. Eveyone seemed to like it and it was a nice change of pace. I enjoyed playing and even just watching some of the games unfold.

Xanth and EP teaming up to issue a Venom and Cyprien beatdown on my Nilfheim was brutal.
I also got to experience Daddyscaper's onslaught of Phantom Knights firsthand. I can see how was the winner. Oddly enough he commented that Crixus was useless for most of time, that didn't seem to matter.

See y'all next time!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:01 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Maryland Multi-player Madness Post tourny thread

Congrats to Daddyscaper on his impressive victory! Also congrats to Johngee for an equally impressive 2nd place. Now lets get some battle reports.

I'm glad everyone had a good time and I hope I get to see some of you at the June 19th tournament in Pitman NJ.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'll get around to a battle report tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to all for a great time & especially to Clan for getting us together at this good venue and running the tourney seamlessly.

And continuing the Maryland tradition, we broke the trophy almost immediately. It has now been glued together. *Again*.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:31 PM

mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker

Congrats on a great event Clan! Daniel and I had a blast.
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:37 AM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

It was an awesome format and made one think differently than the normal game. Thanks Clan.

Tim

Follower of Vydar
Aged Newbie
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

My absurdly long battle reports here. I hope some of the other attendees will write some, too.

edit: Pasting the thing into this thread so all the reports are in the same place. Following is copied from my battle reports thread.

Maryland Multi-player Madness Post Tourney Post

Once again we had a terrific time at one of ClanCampbell's tournaments. Clan's events are competitive and family friendly, interesting and well organized. Plus they're all within 45 minutes of my house.

Before the battle report I will say a word (well, a lot of words) about the format, which I think has a lot to offer the HeroScape community. Because other tournament directors out there might be poking around for new ideas as Clan does, I will deposit my detailed thoughts about the format in the spoiler below and apologize in advance for those who are only looking for the blood and gore, which will follow.

The Rules:
300 points mixed marvel
12 hex start zone
Multiplayer FFA
Points scored for damage done, calculated as fractional increments of unit point cost. In other words, a Stinger is worth 20 points because it is 1/3 of a 60 point squad, and one wound marker on Kaemon Awa is worth 24 points because that's 1/5 wounds to a 120 point figure.

Spoiler Alert!

Round 1:
The map -
Dignan's Spelunk-o-Rama

Clockwise from the 11:00 position:
Einar's Puppy - Venom, Zettians, Rats x2
Phill the thrill - Cyprien, Nakitas, Isamu, Marcu
DaddyScaper - Crixus, Phantom Knights x3
Follower of Vydar - Torin, Stingers x3

The big trees on this map seemed to be a disincentive for players next to each other to attack each other, so play went the other way. As I recall EP won initiative and opened his rats toward Follower's Stinger mob and Phil opened with his Nakitas toward me. The Nakitas were worth a fat 40 points each and they looked to me like the giant T Bone steaks the lion character sees sometimes in the movie Madagascar in place of his friends.

So I opened back toward him. Follower, taking a minute (don't think I didn't notice) to give my PK's the hairy eyeball, opened against EP's approaching rats. As the first few rounds played out, the Stingers wore down EP's rats as Venom came out & started taking down the Stingers. I managed to take out the Nakitas without suffering an engagement strike & got off to a quick point start with their 120.

Then Phil rolled out Cyprien, who fought an interesting and losing battle against the PK's. He probably took out his points worth of PK's, healing all the while. Unfortunately for Phil (and for EP and Follower), Cyprien was regenerating, which meant that as he got ~150 points, maybe as much as 175, off my PKs, according to my notes I got 275 points off him.

On the other side of the board, Follower's army proved to be a bad matchup for Venom and the Rats. Torin's protective shield was useless but his bonus against small or medium figures proved devastating and once the Reavers were gone, or near gone, EP wisely kept his distance from the draining Stingers and was forced to try to pick things off from the perimeter.

Eventually Cyprien went down on my side and Phil and I started to mingle in the activity elsewhere on the board. I wanted no part of Marcu, who was worth a pathetic 4 points/wound marker, and Phil was undoubtedly sick to death of my little green assassins, who were mostly gone anyway. In the end I was the first one eliminated, in fact the *only* one eliminated before time was called.

One fun little thing that happened in this game was, after my elimination, on consecutive OM's Marcu turned on Phil. Generously I got control of him both times & took out a Zettian Guard (35 points) and a Stinger (20 points) for a total of 55 points, giving me the 50 point cushion I needed to edge out Follower for 1st place on that board. Thanks Phil the Thrill!

First place of four (1/4)
410 damage done
5 victory points

Round 2:
The map -
Ch1Can0's Tr3s

Clockwise from the 11:00 position -
Johngee - Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers, Mohicans x2
Daniel - Kaemon Awa, Stingers x3

More @#$!ing Stingers. Every round. But it makes sense; they are a very cost effective 3 figure range squad. The 4 figure squads create start zone problems.

I won initiative and opened toward the center of this oceanic map. Ch1Can0's maps are distinctively elegant to look at but this one was just massive.

Johngee sent his vipers slithering toward the center also, and with Mittens-boosted movement and a timely frenzy I found myself rolling defense dice on his OM1. I lost one PK; Daniel rolled out some Stingers & I managed to dispose of the entire squad of Venocs. The dice were not favorable to me in this round, unlike the entire rest of the tourney, and for the first couple rounds I was sending out PK's only to have them picked off by Johngee (normally) or Daniel (sometimes).

Johngee activated the entire remainder of his army, bringing them to the high ground near his start zone, and Daniel activated only one squad at a time. I realized I was playing for second place here - my PK's were getting whacked too quickly and I wasn't getting skulls on offense - so I took advantage of the format and sent everything at Johngee as Daniel tried bringing a squad of Stingers around the perimeter to flank Johngee. Possibly a good maneuver in a last-man-standing format, but by doing bite sized bits of damage I stayed well ahead of Daniel in points. Between the size of the map and other issues, this game was not particularly well developed when we had to stop it, but I'm not complaining because I think time favored Daniel & not me. So it's good it ended when it did.

2/3
149 damage done
3 victory points (8 total)

Round 3:
The map -
ClanCampbell's Swamp & Jungle Map

Hah! Just checking to see if you were paying attention. Clan threw together a very interesting 4 player map. Imagine the pictured map with a smaller footprint with a very large plateau 2 hexes high, and the corner start zones insulated by blobs of swamp water, jungle, and ruins. Swamp water and jungle are dotted all around the map, which is nowhere higher than the 2 hex plateau, at the very center of which is a depression with more swamp water & jungle trees. It was an interesting map and pleasantly different from Spelunk o Rama.

Clockwise from the 11:00 position:
JohnGee - Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers, Mohicans x2
Follower of Vydar - Torin, Stingers x3
Mikelizzio - Cyprien, Sonya, Krav

Now that I think of it, this game actually did not open up as a pair of 1v1s. Perhaps this was a result of the smaller footprint of the map, but I believe it is a credit to Clan that this game produced more wide-open 4 way play.

I believe JohnGee won initiative and opened with his MRT toward Follower's Stingers and Follower reciprocated by sending his Stingers toward the MRT. Mikelizzio sent Cyprien toward the Stingers, which was probably a good idea because their relatively low defense made them more suited to his attack style than my tougher PK's, plus Follower was then fighting on two fronts.

Mikelizzio's Krav Maga Agents were a juicy bite at 33 points each without, apparently, any OM's on them. So I didn't get a full squad of PK's into Mikelizzo's start zone until the end of Round 1 but I got every single one of the KMA without a fight.

Cyprien, meanwhile, was dancing around as he does, getting bites from the occasional Stinger (or Torin) and eventually making his way back toward his own start zone to attempt to staunch the bleeding I'd started there. I got 50 points off hitting Cyprien twice and finishing him, triggering 30 more points for the consequential damage to Sonya.

Between picking on the remnants of Mikelizzo's army and doing a fair amount of damage to the remaining MRT & polishing off the Venocs and the full strength Mittens, I won in what I thought at the time was a commanding fashion.

1/4
449 damage done
5 victory points (13 total)

Round 4:
The map -
ClanCampbell's Swamp & Jungle Map

for reference purposes.

Again, clockwise from the 11:00 position.
Clancampbell - Nilfheim, Sgt. Drake ROTV
Mikelizzio - Cyprien, Sonya, Krav
Kidscaper - Atlaga, Protectors, Ashra x2

As I looked across the table at Clan, I realized that Nilf could literally fly from Clan's start zone *into* mine. I observed as much & Clan conceded it might be a weakness in the map. Might need a little tweaking, but not much.

I set up at the far corner of the start zone & hoped for the best. Clan won initiative and apologized to me. I told him not to worry about it and apologize after the game was over, depending on how it went.

Nilf flew right up to the ruin shielding my start zone from his corner and, peering over it, let loose with his ice shard breath. As I recall he killed one PK and that was it.

Mikelizzio opened at KidScaper, who saw the approaching vampire and turtled completely, using his WoA to wall off Atlaga & the Protectors.

On OM 1 the PK's flew out and put 4 wound markers on Nilfheim. On OM 2 they put one more and on OM 3 they finished him off. I'd lost, if memory serves, 2 PKs and had 180 Nilfheim points (yes I know he's 185 but if you've been paying attention you'll know why it's 180) in my pocket.

Cyprien at this point wanted no part of the WoA and was drifting towards Drake. Round 2 opened with Clan urging me to go after Mikelizzio's approaching Cyp ("Banana Smoothie! Banana Smoothie!") and Mikelizzio was urging me to go after Drake.

I split the difference. On one OM, 2 PKs killed a full health Drake, meaning I had destroyed Clan's entire army & gotten all his points for myself, and one other put a wound on Cyp. Meanwhile KidScaper came out of his shell & started attacking Mikelizzio's other units. I poked a bit at the edges & got a KMA for myself and a Protector. Cyp chill touched a full strength Atlaga who never did get to fire the bolt.

I chased Cyprien around for awhile, putting wounds on him, and I was eventually eliminated by KidScaper, whose WoA were a perfect counter to my army. Neither Crixus nor the PKs could do much to them.

But between Clan's army and the lion's share of Mikelizzio's, and the bits & pieces of KidScaper's I could squeeze out, I roared to a commanding victory and the tourney prize.

1/4
548 damage done
5 victory points (18 total)

There is no doubt in my mind that a 4th squad of PKs would have served me better than Crixus, who didn't do much all day besides serve up slices of 18 point snacks to the other players. But I can hardly complain about my result, can I?

Many thanks again to Clan, the shop, and all the attendees. These tournaments are just plain fun, win lose or draw. KidScaper, who came in a stunning third (!!!), and his friend had a blast as well.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 27th, 2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
My absurdly long battle reports here. I hope some of the other attendees will write some, too.
I don't think it was absurdly long at all. It was a good read and some nice thoughts about the format and the maps.

A few of my own. I seemed to notice that the map I built was rather rectangular. I really didn't take flying into account when building it, and was more worried about range. Hence all the jungle trees/shrubs. I'm glad it worked out though.

The points system worked out great for the format and other than a few quirks, (see Cyprien slot machine) it had no real snags. An interesting quirk was what to do with the points from Sonya's eternal heartbreak wounds. As no one really inflicts those wounds per say. The general consensus was that the player inflicting the last wound on Cyprien would also get the points from Sonya's Heartbreak. I felt bad for Connor as his Ne-gok-sa's Mindshackle would become more a hinderance than a help, but some concessions had to be made for the sake of the format.

Marcu never got an order marker from Phil in the game that I played with him. I've got to wonder were there any politics played when he turned, as to whom Phil should give him too?

One of the neatest aspects of this format, at least to me, was the absence of a bye round. With 11 players, in a standard 1v1 format, 1 player would be subject to a bye each round. Here, that doesn't matter.

I also thought I might like it better if more 3 player games were to be had, but I really enjoyed the 4 player games as well.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
The points system worked out great for the format and other than a few quirks, (see Cyprien slot machine) it had no real snags.
I noticed that Cyprien armies, in the hands of some very capable players, did not fare particularly well.

Quote:
An interesting quirk was what to do with the points from Sonya's eternal heartbreak wounds. As no one really inflicts those wounds per say. The general consensus was that the player inflicting the last wound on Cyprien would also get the points from Sonya's Heartbreak.
To paraphrase Rÿchean quoting Grungebob, I think you are overthinking that one a bit. It seemed pretty logical to everyone else there.

Quote:
I felt bad for Connor as his Ne-gok-sa's Mindshackle would become more a hinderance than a help, but some concessions had to be made for the sake of the format.
He had picked out his own army, and that was not the first draft. My hope was that NGS would be a relatively inconvenient target in this format and he'd be able to sneak up on some things with the rats out in front, but it didn't work out like that. He had a great time and went home with the shop's dusty old RotV - maybe the last one on a store shelf anywhere - so I really don't think he minded.

Quote:
Marcu never got an order marker from Phil in the game that I played with him. I've got to wonder were there any politics played when he turned, as to whom Phil should give him too?
Yes and no. I think he gave Marcu to me because I'd been eliminated so he could count on me optimizing my benefit, rather than doing something (for instance) suicidal with Marcu. If you are asking if I said anything to Phil, no, I was spaced out & staring at the ceiling when he offered me Marcu.

Quote:
One of the neatest aspects of this format, at least to me, was the absence of a bye round. With 11 players, in a standard 1v1 format, 1 player would be subject to a bye each round. Here, that doesn't matter.

I also thought I might like it better if more 3 player games were to be had, but I really enjoyed the 4 player games as well.
Well, as I wrote I thought it was a huge advantage that we all got to play with each other, and having slept on it I don't mind the 1v1 component of the 4 player maps as much as I did on Saturday. But assuming you want to get away from the 4 player rectangular maps, and I'm not sure that that's really so desireable anyway, it occurred to me that a 5 player map might help. Though a 5 player game would take forever... I think the best outcome in that regard is exactly what we had. Play the 4 player dynamic and deal with it, and play the 3 player and deal with it.

I do think Tr3s was needlessly large for our army size, but that may be because I had no range.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 24th, 2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:41 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Initially I did NOT like the format as Don descibed it and was undecided about coming to this MD tournament. Various issues at home just made the decision that much harder. But I’ve always had a FUN time at these events and was glad that I finally got the green-light from Mrs. G. to make the trek to Baltimore.

Personally, I’d prefer larger armies with story-line themes, and one-on-one match ups for quick I-Go, You-Go, I-Go again interaction, instead of what I expected to be too much twiddle-your-thumbs down-time while waiting for the 3rd and 4th opponents to take their turn before you get to go again. I think it’s extremely difficult for our younger players to stay focused under these conditions, but it’s the same way when you play RISK, MONOPOLY, CARCASSONNE, or any traditional board game with more than three participants.

But even at my age, I am willing to think outside the box and try something new occasionally. Unfortunately, after so many battles I have a hard time recalling specific details or confuse them into a generalized blurred version of reality. Please forgive me if I get something wrong (i'll edit it later) - this is what I remember about Sat. 22 May . . .

My FIRST GAME was a four way fight on the “Jungle of Doom" BoV with Xanth on my left with only Cyprien and Mimring, Conner opposite him (diagonally to me) with Greater Ice Elemental, Ne-Gok-Sa, and 2x Deathreavers, and Brad directly in front of me with Atlaga, Protectors of Ullar, and 2x Warriors of Ashra. I was a little afraid that the flying shooters would get the limited high ground and decimate my meager force of Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers and 2x Mohican Tribesmen, but the Native Americans held their own and did well for me again. Although the map seems to be a very large rectangle, the distance from side to side is just the width of a standard table that we normally play on.

I was surprised that Xanth left Cyprien hiding behind the ruins wall and advanced with his orange dragon, I guess he was saving him to mop up the carnage that the giant lizard would cause. But it proved to be very effective in fireline-ing Connor’s rats which were still bunched up in the start zone. Being his first tournament, I think Connor was doublely surprised to be engaged by the beast at long range on the first Turn Marker and even though his GIE was on the high ground, it would have to come down to fight the dragon and took several hits before it could get into the action. I was glad that I would not have to worry about either of them for a while and could concentrate on eliminating Brad’s Protectors.

I relied on the Warlord’s +2 scout movement enhancement to cover a lot of ground quickly, sending out the Vipers first along the map’s right edge to seize the little bit of high ground that is there – but then did not get the Frenzy Roll that I was hoping for -at least they got to roll one Defense Die before dying valiantly. This diversion on the right flank enabled me to move the 6 Mohicans into position toward the center then engage and take down 2 of the Protectors.

Luckily the Warlord survived Atlaga’s witherwood bolt, so I could continue with the enhanced movement the entire game. After the first attempt, I realized that I could not fight the Elfish Ladies while adjacent to them, and decided to attack them at maximum range with a high ground advantage. Perhaps this is why Brad turned his attention to his right and used his WoA’s to assist Connor’s last 4 Deathreavers who had encircled and finally kiledl Xanth’s Mimring with multiple ankle bites, but gaining 30 points for each wound inflicted. Then the WoA and Rats only had each other to fight.

This gave me free reign to dominate the center of the BoV running from one isolated high spot to another and taking ranged shots at targets of opportunity without becoming entangled in a massive melee.

By now the time was almost up, but Connor’s NGS had made it all the way to the vampire and kept attacking him without attempting a Mind Shackle, Brad seemed determined to kill the last rats with the WoA and so my Warlord charged into his start zone to go after Atlaga. Some how I ended up with 294 points and was declared the winner, which meant I would next have to face the winners of the other two games on the even bigger BoV.
==========
MY SECOND GAME was on the HUGE "Tr3s" BoV, which was designed by Dignan for three-way battles. Now I had young Daniel on my left with his double-striking Kaemon Awa and 3x Marro Stinger Squads (imho: this was a very formidable combination, since I have unsuccessfully faced both of them, but never both together). On my right sat DadyScapper (Ben) with Crixus and 3x Phantom Knight Squads, which I had not seen before except in the posted photos on the HS'ers Home Page.

This large map was well thought out and basically consists of three symetrical sections organized around a seven hex center tile. Each segment has a narrow (1x hex) road between two small hills (high ground areas) and a narrow (1x hex) water way within a steep gully. Although these are not parallel to each other, they both run directly from the start zone to the center of the map and force you to abandon the high ground advantage in order to utilize either high-speed avenue of approach. There is also a perimeter road that connects the three start zones and each sector has a large ruins wall and two evergreen trees as obstacles and line of sight blockers. We did not pay much attention to them.

Ben won initiative and the first set of Order Markers was predictable - he and Dan advanced a squad of Phantom Knights and Marro Stingers respectively onto the road and toward the center, while I seeming to do likewise held my Mohican Tribesmen Squad back just a little and occupied the hills on either side of my road.

On the 2nd Order Marker, Ben 's first Squad of Phantoms was almost to the center and I suprised him by sending my Vipers straight up the stream and then with a good Frenzy Roll viciously attacked all three of his figures, killing one of them, one down and eight to go. But this action left them in a very vulnerable position with the other two on higher ground and my Vipers' Defense is only (0). Dan's first Stinger squad reach the center and distracted Ben with unsuccessful ranged shots at the ghostly figures. At this point he must have thought that Dan and I were ganging up on him. The vipers quickly died, but then I was able to kill the two leading stingers that had wandered to within range of my muskets. Two of the Marro down and only seven more to go.

While Dan's second Stinger squad and Ben's second Phantom squad tried again to use the road to dominate the center area I moved my second Mohawk squad to reinforce my high ground and waited for them to come to me. It was a waste of time to shoot at the Phantom's so when they got close enough I engaged them with a melee attack killing another one before getting another stinger using a ranged weapon.

Ben's last Phantoms were now split coming after the Venoc Warlord in my start zone, who took a couple of wounds, and trying to do damage to Kaemon in Dan's sector and I was glad to be out of his range. Dan's last Stinger squad then tried to use the perimiter road in a wide flanking maneuver to come around behind me when we ran out of time. I only scored 175 points and realized that I should have been more aggressive in this format.
==========
My THIRD GAME was a four way fight again on the “Jungle of Doom" BoV again. This time with Follower-of-Vydar (Tim) on my left with his new Torin Cyclops and 3x Marro Stingers, Mikelizzio opposite him (diagonally to me) with Cyprien, Sonya, and Krav Maga Agents, and DaddyScaper (Ben) again directly in front of me with his Crixus and 3x Phantom Knight Squads AGAIN.

This was a fast paced, knock-down, drag-out dirty brawl with each of us trying to balance our attacks in two directions simultaneously, because we were being threatened by attacks from both directions simultaneously. I lost my vipers early to Tim's Stingers, but then was able to kill six of them in a row with the Mohicans (one per Order Marker it seems). I was delighted to see Ben turn his attention toward the Higher Point Value Targets and I was suprised to see his Phantoms wipe out the Krav Agents while they were still in the start zone. Then Cyprien died unexpectedly from a bad dice roll which also put two wounds on Sonya. I killed five of the Phantoms (one at a time) and it was just a slow battle of attrition, but I racked up 253 points and had my second win of the day.
==========
I got to play my FOURTH GAME on the “Spelunk-o-Rama" BoV in another four way battle. This time with Follower-of-Vydar (Tim) on my left again with Torin and 3x Marro Stingers, across from him sat Daniel (diagonally to me) with his Kaemon Awa and 3x Marro Stingers, directly in front of me was Conner with the Greater Ice Elemental, Ne-Gok-Sa, and 2x Deathreavers.

I hate facing Marro Stingers, soo...woohoo... in this game they were opposite each other and I hoped that Tim and Dan would knock each out and leave only Torin and Kaemon Awa to come after my Indians -- that would be bad enough. Again I led off with the Venoc Vipers on the right flank edge of the map and although I failed again to get Frenzy, I did some damage to Ne-Gok-Sa before their warranty expired and they disappeared from the scene.

The GIE was proving to be a difficult creature to get rid of, but I was able to maneuver around it to get the high ground advantage and inflicted first one and then three more wounds on the thing. Apparently Connor had not yet learned the lesson after getting fire-lined in the start zone, because that's where his eight rats were still sitting. In addition he misinterpreted the Scatter Special Ability, so I coached him on how best to engage Kaemon Awa, who had wandered over to OUR side of the large battlefield. Eventually the last of the Mohicans was crushed by Tim's Torin and my army was completely eliminated with only 162 points on my score card. Ce la vie.

I got into a quick casual pick-up game with Einar's Puppy and Phil-the-Thrill on ClanCampbell's version of the "Cerberus" triangular BoV while we were waiting for the final scores to be tabulated. After the standings were announced and the magnificent golden viking trophy was handed out I got to play three more (Just-For-Fun) games in a row with Clan and Xanth and headed back to Jersey about 6:00. The highlight of that last hour was when Don's Nilfrem dominated the high ground in the center of the map only to fall victim to Cyprien's chilling touch... I laughed out loud. Thanks Don for hosting another GREAT event it was a lot of FUN and the location was purrrfect - we even got to show off our colorful, dynamic,three dimensional BoV capabilities to about twenty HeroClix'ers who were playing on wrinkled up sheets of paper. That's why I love HeroScape.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events