Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 31st, 2009, 08:09 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Atlaga and the Protectors Discussion Thread

I'm a bit skeptical of the Protectors, in alot of cases I'd rather have two Stinger squads.

5 move Minions seem devastating.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; May 31st, 2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:19 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Atlaga and the Protectors Discussion Thread

My first impression after seeing these cards isn't very positive.

It seems like the designers really have something against large, expensive heroes. Between Atlaga, the Protectors, and the Dwarfs, it's going to be even harder to justify using costly figures like Jotun, Tor-Kul-Na, or Charos. I fear this wave is really pushing the game more towards squadscape.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:26 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't like the Protectors move of 4. I envisioned them as a hit and run unit, but oh well. What can you do? Other than that, they both look really cool.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
My first impression after seeing these cards isn't very positive.

It seems like the designers really have something against large, expensive heroes. Between Atlaga, the Protectors, and the Dwarfs, it's going to be even harder to justify using costly figures like Jotun, Tor-Kul-Na, or Charos. I fear this wave is really pushing the game more towards squadscape.
I'll take up the opposite position: I can't stop grinning like a little kid. These guys are great. Padlock, don't ignore the fact that Bolt-of-Witherwood is a 1-time only ability that has a 75% chance of not working (granted that is a 25% chance at taking out krug, but that's the point of the power).

The Protectors seem a little underpriced, given that they are ranged fliers underneath it all. But the designers leavened them a little with the Range 5, so I definitely don't think they're broken.

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I like them, interesting/semiconfusing powers just like the rest of wave 9, but once you figure them out they are pretty cool. Glad to see some nice ullar figures. So we only have the gladiators left don't we?

You definetly need to draft Atilga to make them better, so 200 points and something thats three hundred, hmm. Charos? Jotun?

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

Double-spaced non-flying creatures, are definitely going to get a tougher time!
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Squads are fun. Besides heros can't cost too much otherwise they can't be combined with their supporting squads and vice versa. Even if you only use one squad with Atlaga you have only used 200pts of your army, thats plenty of space for other types of kyrie or different types of units. Although to be honest I do perfer to have multiples of any particular common unit, otherwise why pay for its ability to be common if your not going to take advantage of the strategic advantages.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:27 AM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
I don't like the Protectors move of 4. I envisioned them as a hit and run unit, but oh well. What can you do? Other than that, they both look really cool.
Swamper, look at Atlaga's Kyrie Leadership. The Protectors have a 5 Move.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:27 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
I don't like the Protectors move of 4. I envisioned them as a hit and run unit, but oh well. What can you do?
Draft Atlaga.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
5 move Minions seem devastating.
That was my very first thought after noticing it affected "all Kyrie you control."

They would fit well in an all Kyrie army.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:30 AM

I'd like to thank Truth, or WotC, or whomever is responsible for the order in which these previews are coming out, because I keep seeing exactly what I'm hoping for . . . am I causing these events with the power of my mind? Nah, that can't be it.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:31 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ah, well, thats what I get for skimming over the card. My bad.

On another note, why are they called Protectors? They don't actually protect anything.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units