Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 25th, 2008, 03:48 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
PacNW NHSD Event - Vancouver WA

NHSD Event

10/18/08

Where: St. John’s Presbyterian Church (Camas, WA)
When: October 18th Starting @ 12:00 – Until done.
Format: 5 Rounds + Championship games (details below)
Entry Fee: Table Prize & Special Donation

Our event will be an opportunity for ‘Scapers from all over the NW to get together and play, share some laughs, make new friends and contribute to the community at large. This tournament event will double as a food drive to generate donations for the Interfaith Treasure House ( http://www.ifth-cw.org/index.html ). All participants are requested to bring at least two (or more!) nonperishable food items to the tournament along with a table prize. The table prize should be a Heroscape expansion, or gift card to an authorized Heroscape retailer, or if you wish to bring a peripheral item or custom figure—please contact one of the event organizers with details.

Registration Qualifications:
  • 8 years of age or older
  • RSVP by posting here at least 48 hours prior.
  • Sense of humor and willingness to have fun.
Directions to the church are on the website ( http://www.sjpc-camas.org/ )

Please plan on arriving at least 30 minutes early to register and get settled in. All contestants are expected to bring their own figures, dice, turn markers, wound markers & accessories as required by their card. Bring a 500 point army, no marvel or customs – repaints are acceptable but no proxies. You will use the one army for the duration of the event without changes or substitutions. Each round will be 50 minutes, there will be a 10-15 minute break in between rounds and the final championship round will be a full 60 minutes. All players will take home a prize; the order of selection will be determined by their final rankings.

Concessions will be available, including popcorn and cookies for snacks—all proceeds from concessions will be donated to the Treasure House as well.

Maps are posted!!!! (Sorry it took so long)

ROTV
Land O’ Lakes x1
Crystalin x1

ROTV + VW
Hot Heights x1
Searing Path x1

ROTV + TT
Arctic Divide x1
Ice Blossom x1

ROTV + RttFF
Country Road x1
Marr Highway x1

ROTV + FotAK
Peril Pass x2

SotM
Full Throttle x2
Viscid Flank x2

SotM + FotAK
Embattled Fen x2

IF you have a special request, or some dire objection, please let me know. Also, we have officially reached the limits of my terrain...hopefully we get enough more people signed up to either justify a major purchase of more MS (hehe) or someone else to volunteer some terrain.

The glyph pool will consist of:
Ulaniva (+1 unique attack)
Crevcor (+1 common attack)
Gerda (+1 defense)
Valda (+2 move)
Dagmar (+8 initiative)
Lodin (+1 to D20 rolls)
Kelda (Healing) Added Last Minute - Needed more options.

Confirmed Guests(36): Bahde, McLeod, MaryBeth, Madilynn, Nadom +5, Michael, Micky J, Joseph, Marshall, Michael, UllarFan, GM Venom, Commander Fowl, Tauren Marine +2, X2Hero, Megadev +3, Majestic Goat +2, Lafleurhero, Temp.Nerd +2, Ian, Ross & Laura

Last edited by Bahde; October 18th, 2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Adjust Attendees
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: PacNW NHSD Event - Vancouver WA

Sweet, we have a thread!
Thanks for getting this up, Bahde. I'll pass on the good news to my little group of players. This is gonna be awesome.
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:31 PM

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Found another potential map. It's Crystallized by Soul Shackle. They were talking about it over in the Florida NHSD thread and it looked like a good alternative to Arctic Divide (Best. Map. Ever.) or Ice Blossom as a "token Tundra map."

Last edited by Nadom; August 25th, 2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: yay for pictures!
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:16 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Alright, glad this is happening.

And I very much like the road through the middle of that ice map, Nadom. Except it just brings your rats closer that much faster...
Old August 26th, 2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Alright, glad this is happening.

And I very much like the road through the middle of that ice map, Nadom. Except it just brings your rats closer that much faster...
Look on the bright side; I'll only get the road bonus for one turn 'cause I should only need to put 2 order markers on them the whole game... and what makes you think I'll be bringing rats?
Honestly, though, I hope we get to play again. You're a lot of fun to play against (regardless of what the outcome is).

By the way, Bahde, you can count me as "in" and I should have a rough count of my "guests" in the next few days (wow, lots of "unnecessary" quotes there...).

Guess it's time to start looking at armies...

Last edited by Nadom; August 26th, 2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:56 AM

I will take a look at that one this weekend. Were having a few people over and will play some maps to get a feel for them.

Yag, is that your confirmation of attending?
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:41 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, count me in. I haven't asked any friends if they're interested, yet.
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:10 PM

Fantastic!
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:00 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

I hope my dad is willing to take me. I can test out my two packs of soulborg's and raknar's vision out.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:00 PM

This is looking better and better every day...
- It looks like I'll have between 1-7 other people in my group... I know it's a wide range, but we're still figuring that one out. It'll probably end up more like 3-5. I'll still let you know once it's set, just wanting to keep you posted.
- Way cool news... I had a stroke of good fortune in stay_golden_PONYBOY's thread and won a Craig Van Ness autographed Sonlen; when I told him that I was planning on donating it as a prize for the tournament, he threw in CVN autographed Stingers, Nagrubs, and Drudge! Hopefully those will work for some prizes. Either way, drop s_g_P some +rep if you can because he's been very generous to us (it won't let me give him anymore yet ).
- I've been spreading the word to everybody I see on here from OR and WA... is that ok? I'm a little excited .

Last edited by Nadom; August 27th, 2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:08 PM

ullarfan101 *glass shatters*
Question Re: PacNW NHSD Event - Vancouver WA

How do you sign up?

Overkill is underrated
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullarfan101 View Post
How do you sign up?
A post here or a PM to Bahde would do the trick.
It would probably help to include the number of others you'll be bringing with you (if you plan on doing so).
It's great to see that you're interested in coming!

Last edited by Nadom; August 27th, 2008 at 06:22 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day